Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Taurus Judge

(Centre County)

Angry Taurus Judge

Hello everyone. I'm looking for input on "the judge" We just purchased one and have had nothing but problems. First it would not fire on all cylinders and now it is locked up and I can't even pull the hammer back! Has anyone encountered these, or any other, problems? At first I thought it was a timing promblem on the cylinder, but now have ruled that out.
    Last edited by wingshooter; May 1st, 2008 at 06:29 AM.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Taurus Judge

This is one of the first problems I've read about concerning a Judge. I can only suggest that you return it to Taurus for repairs under warranty.

Sorry...

You can ask over at www.taurusarmed.net for help too.
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Centre County)

yes i have read nothing but kudos on this firearm however i just wonder if i havent bought a lemon it hasnt had a box of 45 colts fired from it

(Dauphin County)

Taurus has one of the best return policies , call them and send it back if they cant fix it youll get a new one

(Bucks County)

A friend of mine bought a new Judge and had to send it back for being unable to set rounds off. It felt like the mainspring was real weak.

I have a Taurus 970 Tracker in .22 LR that locked up on me. Something broke inside and I could not move the hammer or trigger nor open the cylinder to remove the rounds that were left so I could ship it back. I ended up pulling the side plate off and pulling out the broken part which allowed me to get the cylinder open and unloaded.

I really had no idea what I was doing and ended up somehow shoving the parts back in, screwing the side plate back on and shipping it back.

It took 17 weeks to get my pistol back. This all happened three or four years ago, so I have no idea what the turn around time on your repair might be now. Taurus gave me no problems at all and completed the repairs free of charge.

(Washington County)

Talking Re: Taurus Judge

A buddy of mine had the front sight come off on the third round through it.

(Centre County)

Wingshooter you need to tell the wife to stop shooting so many rounds thru it, you have created a monster with her

(Monroe County)

it should be a simple problem to solve, the internal lock is locking up on its own , taurus locks have been known to do that my pt1911 did it twice when it was new, use the key and operate the lock a few times and make sure the lock is not loose then try again . guaranted its the lock malfing.

nyman

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by 4XLT View Post
    Taurus has one of the best return policies , call them and send it back if they cant fix it youll get a new one
    They have one of the worst, if you ask me.

I know of multiple people who've had their guns break the first week they had them, and have waited over 4 months, each, to get them back.

One friend of mine has had his revolver go back 3 times now...the problem has yet to be 100% fixed.

They have shoddy quality control standards, and take months to turn guns around that were broken from day 1.

I'm sorry to hear that you got stuck with a bad gun... I'd recommend taking it to a gunsmith, honestly. The time and cost associated with shipping it back, to maybe get it back again broken...I'd pay someone to fix it long before I sent it back to Taurus.

In the past 3 months, I've seen 4 PT111's have their recoil assemblies shoot through the front of the side.... These are not "hard use" guns.

i have a pt 99 for about 10 years and shot many many rounds from it with no major problems the ones i have had were do to me mostly. just got a taurus judge and have like 300 rounds out of it with no problems (knock on wood).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast