Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default So, my Serpa Blackhawk arrived..I've got a question.

I ordered it for my Glock 19, and it fits almost perfectly.

The paperwork says it's for the 17, 19, 22, 23, 31 and 32. The holster itself has 17/22 stamped on it.

There's a screw to adjust passive retention which works great and it seems like the firearm securely holsters and draws without any issue. The holster is about a half inch longer than the firearm..on the muzzle end. The rear sights, grip and trigger guard all fit perfectly.

Is this a problem at all, or by design?
    Last edited by yeager484; July 18th, 2013 at 12:02 AM.

(Mercer County)

Default Re: So, my Serpa Blackhawk arrived..I've got a question.

Quote Originally Posted by yeager484 View Post

The paperwork says it's for the 17, 19, 22, 23, 31 and 32. The holster itself has 17/22 stamped on it.

There's a screw to adjust passive retention which works great and it seems like the firearm securely holsters and draws without any issue. The holster is about a half inch longer than the firearm..on the muzzle end. The rear sights, grip and trigger guard all fit perfectly.

It's for a Glock 17. My 19 fits in it as it should. I wouldn't worry about it though.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Beaver County)

I'm quite positive there is a "compact" Serpa that would be flush with your muzzle. The Serpa's are divided by full(17,23,31), compact(19,23,32) and subcompact(26,27,33). Being that the frame and trigger guard dimensions are the same on all 9 models, the are interchangeable.(I had my 26 lock into the 17).

Where did you get this Serpa? And what model numbers are molded on the back of the holster?

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by spartakis252 View Post
    I'm quite positive there is a "compact" Serpa that would be flush with your muzzle. The Serpa's are divided by full(17,23,31), compact(19,23,32) and subcompact(26,27,33). Being that the frame and trigger guard dimensions are the same on all 9 models, the are interchangeable.(I had my 26 lock into the 17).

Where did you get this Serpa? And what model numbers are molded on the back of the holster?
    Ordered from Amazon, through opticsplanet.

it's molded with 17/22

It's not a big deal to me that it isn't flush, I figured that the frame/trigger guard were the same because that portion of the firearm fits perfectly.

(Beaver County)

If its not a big deal to you than no there is no issue with carrying that way. Plus you'll have a holster for when you buy a Glock 17...

There is a difference for future reference or others who may have this question.
    The "Full Size"(17/22/31) manufacture model number is 410500BKR

The "Compact Size"(19/23/32) is 410502BKR

The "Sub-Compact"(26/27/33) is 410501BKR

BKR is Black Right Handed (I don't think they make the other colors for Glocks and L would indicate Left Handed)

The .45 Glocks all have their own part numbers as well but I'm not gonna list the whole thing here.

(Lehigh County)

If its not a big deal to you than no there is no issue with carrying that way. Plus you'll have a holster for when you buy a Glock 17...

There is a difference for future reference or others who may have this question.
    The "Full Size"(17/22/31) manufacture model number is 410500BKR

The "Compact Size"(19/23/32) is 410502BKR

The "Sub-Compact"(26/27/33) is 410501BKR

BKR is Black Right Handed (I don't think they make the other colors for Glocks and L would indicate Left Handed)

The .45 Glocks all have their own part numbers as well but I'm not gonna list the whole thing here.
    thanks for sharing that info!

(Beaver County)

thanks for sharing that info!
    No problem, I'm a bit of what some might call a "gear whore" so I spend way too much time(and money) researching and buying gun stuff. And I happen to be a Serpa fan despite the fact the some believe they are the worst holster ever invented and you are gonna shoot your leg off....(Here's to hoping this thread doesn't get derailed by those guys)

(Lehigh County)

No problem, I'm a bit of what some might call a "gear whore" so I spend way too much time(and money) researching and buying gun stuff. And I happen to be a Serpa fan despite the fact the some believe they are the worst holster ever invented and you are gonna shoot your leg off....(Here's to hoping this thread doesn't get derailed by those guys)
    And if they do, let's hope they do so by linking that video where the guy shoots himself and immediately says it wasn't the holsters fault

(Tioga County)

Just saw someone do it a month ago with a Serpa holster. I had heard all the stories and then got to see it for myself. Fortunately he only got a grazing wound but it created some issues for him as it happened on the job(military). Pressed in on the button, drew, finger right there on the trigger and BLAM!

It's a great holster if you don't ever plan to draw your gun.

(McKean County)

I liked my Serpa for retention, and I didn't have any issues with my finger and the locking mechanism. I could draw and shoot my M&P quickly, never an issue. I can't imagine having it discharge while holstered or drawing it.

My gripe is it sticks out way too far, doesn't fit when I drive the company truck or my trucks. For the range it would be fine, but since I don't use it I don't practice with it.
    Marty near God's Country. Making good people defenseless doesn’t make bad people harmless.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast