Question Obama to Sign UN Gun Treaty During Summer Recess

Obama to Sign UN Gun Treaty During Summer
    Recess

**This article is from Breitbart.com**

Obama to Sign UN Gun Treaty During Summer Recess
    site-iconbreitbart.com/Big-Peace/2013/06/03/Obama-sneaks-arms-trade-treaty

by Ben Shapiro

3 Jun 2013
    In an attempt to avoid public scrutiny, President Obama plans to sign the controversial United Nations gun treaty in August, when Congress is in summer recess. According to White House press secretary Jay Carney, Obama will sign the treaty “before the end of August,” even though legally he could have done so next week.

The treaty is problematic for a variety of reasons ranging from the substantive to the procedural. On substance, the treaty is designed to regulate arms importers and exporters, which the United States already does. The treaty, however, does not properly regulate foreign countries, leaving the United States on the hook while leaving actual wrongdoers alone. Meanwhile, signatories are supposed to keep information on “end users” of arms imported into their country and to give that information to the supplying country. In other words, it makes it more difficult for American citizens to import arms, and guarantees the solid chance that foreign governments have information about domestic gunowners.

Procedurally, the United States originally insisted that the treaty go through consensus decision-making, meaning that everyone sign on. But when a conference to do so failed, the US decided that the treaty did not need to apply to all countries. Countries abstaining from the vote include China, Russia, India, and Egypt.

While the Obama administration openly supported the treaty when it was first proposed, it has changed its view since the failure of domestic gun control legislation. Now, it appears that the White House wants the benefit of being on the record with regard to the treaty, but does not want the fallout of a public battle over the treaty before the 2014 elections, especially given the fact that the treaty will not be ratified in the Senate.

“We believe it’s in the interest of the United States,” Carney said of signing the treaty. “While we look forward to signing the treaty, there are remaining translation issues that need to be resolved.”

While President Obama wants to delay the treaty for political reasons, Secretary of State John Kerry reportedly wants it signed as soon as possible. “The United States welcomes the opening of the Arms Trade Treaty for signature and we look forward to signing it as soon as the process of conforming the official translations is completed satisfactorily.”

Ben Shapiro is Editor-At-Large of Breitbart News and author of the New York Times bestseller “Bullies: How the Left’s Culture of Fear and Intimidation Silences America” (Threshold Editions, January 8, 2013).

http://http://www.breitbart.com/Big-...s-trade-treaty

So is there anything Congress to do to prevent this? Also, how will that affect our 2nd Amendment?

(Schuylkill County)

Default Re: Obama to Sign UN Gun Treaty During Summer Recess

What about the fairly cheap wolf ammo.

(Montgomery County)

[The President] shall have Power, by and with Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur...

Dip shit can sign anything he likes, including the voluntary surrendering of his law License but signing this treaty without 2/3 consent/approval of the US Senate, his signature means nothing.

CL

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Paine View Post
    [The President] shall have Power, by and with Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur...

Are you inferring that Hussein is taking action without the "Advise and Consent of the Senate"?

I hope there is something in this treaty to nail his ass to the wall for good this time.

Presidential oath of office:

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

The Constitution of the United States
    Article. II.
    Section. 4.

The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

This idiot has not lived up to his oath, why do you think he will start now!

Hope someone in the House and Senate have the balls to impeach this Muslim we have destroying the country!

(Lancaster County)

I seriously wonder what the heck we are waiting for on throwing him out of office. What is it going to take to motivate our people?
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    I seriously wonder what the heck we are waiting for on throwing him out of office. What is it going to take to motivate our people?
    Bah you have to knock King Barry off his throne
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/193181-harty.html

Common Sense isnt that common among people

(Lackawanna County)

Nothing short of a drastic cut in their welfare benefits

(Bucks County)

I've been wondering the same thing then got to thinking that the game is rigged. There's lots of money at stake along with power. These guys (both sides) will not give up this power struggle. They're playing the oldest game or trick in the book...good cop bad cop. However, they're both still cops.

The dictator in chief is only one concern, there is the senate, DHS, IRS, firearms and tobacco, huge unions, college and school indoctrination, etc.

I'm praying daily, but 2 Chronicles 7:14 is pretty Lear what has to be done if we expect this country to heal. However, I find it hard seeing that happen.

I never thought in my lifetime we'd see our country turn into the USSR. we have a few rights, but for the most part government is set up to seize or take any one of those rights. Is that freedom?
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Montgomery County)

“While we look forward to signing the treaty, there are remaining translation issues that need to be resolved.”
    Translation issues?
    How hard is it to translate from English to English?
    The 2A does not GIVE us the right. It tells the gov they can not INFRINGE our right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast