Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Florida blacks benefit from "Stand your ground"

African Americans benefit from Florida’s “Stand Your Ground” self-defense law at a rate far out of proportion to their presence in the state’s population, despite an assertion by Attorney General Eric Holder that repealing “Stand Your Ground” would help African Americans.

Black Floridians have made about a third of the state’s total “Stand Your Ground” claims in homicide cases, a rate nearly double the black percentage of Florida’s population. The majority of those claims have been successful, a success rate that exceeds that for Florida whites.
    But approximately one third of Florida “Stand Your Ground” claims in fatal cases have been made by black defendants, and they have used the defense successfully 55 percent of the time, at the same rate as the population at large and at a higher rate than white defendants, according to a Daily Caller analysis of a database maintained by the Tampa Bay Times. Additionally, the majority of victims in Florida “Stand Your Ground” cases have been white.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/16/bl...#ixzz2ZM26KGet

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Florida blacks benefit from "Stand your ground"

Contrarian view (which I think is bogus)

It's true that almost a third of the successful claims have been from black killers (and we're only talking about incidents which resulted in a fatality here). Specifically: 31 percent of the cases. And it's true that the rate at which incidents involving black killers are found to be justified exceeds that of whites.
    For killings involving victims of color—black or Hispani—78 percent of the time the death was considered justified. For killings involving white victims, that rate sinks to 56 percent.
    Eighty-two percent of white killers' victims were also white. Seventy-five percent of black killers' victims, also black.
    There's one specific situation in which blacks "benefited" from the "stand your ground" law, if you will. Killings of whites by blacks were slightly more likely to be found justified than killings of whites by whites.
    All the MORE AMAZING because African Americans are just 1/6 the population at large yet MORE OFTEN they are exhonerated under Stand Your Ground than Whites.

Here's where the Core Belief of the Doubter is expressed - it's NEVER good to defend yourself with a handgun. In other words, "No Self Defense is good".

How many here believe that saving your own life is bad? These folks do!!

Nearly four-in-five killings of black people where it has been invoked have resulted in the killer being freed. It's hard to see the benefit in that.
    Legal Self Defense is not "good" for these people? Circular Reasoning? Can you say it??

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/polit...und-law/67266/

(Delaware County)

I think it would interesting to know how many of those cases were blacks shooting other blacks as opposed to blacks killing non blacks. And visa versa....would like to know how many whites applied stand your ground against other white vs other non whites. With those stats it would be a true vision of how the law is applied and if is truly racist, or is it about just evil people.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    I think it would interesting to know how many of those cases were blacks shooting other blacks as opposed to blacks killing non blacks. And visa versa....would like to know how many whites applied stand your ground against other white vs other non whites. With those stats it would be a true vision of how the law is applied and if is truly racist, or is it about just evil people.
    That is an awesome idea. The problem is who has those statistics? The Government does of course. Unfortunately, we need to petition our Government for these kind of statistics. If these statistics proved the system was racist, I'm sure this information would of been provided, and exploited to its fullest potential. Since it hasn't been exploited I'm guessing the Government doesn't want us to have it. Trying to get information the Gov. does not want you to have is very difficult, if not impossible. If we all got along, we might just figure out who is really screwing us.

If thats the point your trying to get at, you can count me in. Please Advise? Over.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by eyecanshoot View Post
    That is an awesome idea. The problem is who has those statistics? The Government does of course. Unfortunately, we need to petition our Government for these kind of statistics. If these statistics proved the system was racist, I'm sure this information would of been provided, and exploited to its fullest potential. Since it hasn't been exploited I'm guessing the Government doesn't want us to have it. Trying to get information the Gov. does not want you to have is very difficult, if not impossible. If we all got along, we might just figure out who is really screwing us.

If thats the point your trying to get at, you can count me in. Please Advise? Over.
    That was exactly my point. Thanks for recognizing.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.