Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Where can I shoot my AR? (Royersford)

I just finished my first AR build and I have finally found some decently priced ammo. I am wondering where the best place would be for me to take my baby to shoot around the Royersford/Limerick area. I know about the Lower Providence Rod and Gun Club, but I am unsure about getting a membership. I heard someone at work talking about a public range in the Graterford area.

Any thoughts on where I can take my new baby to have some fun?

(Chester County)

Default Re: Where can I shoot my AR? (Royersford)

There is a state game lands range out by French Creek state park, BUT.....you either have to have a valid hunting license, or a range permit to shoot there.

Also, I believe you're only allowed to have 3 rounds in your gun at a time.

I'm not real sure about French Creek Outfitters policies on rifles, but I have seen others shooting long guns there. The range there is only 25 yds, but it's only a 15 minute drive from you. Give them a call.

French Creek Outfitters
    610-933-7200
    Last edited by ScorpioIM; July 17th, 2013 at 04:07 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by mdezzi View Post
    I just finished my first AR build and I have finally found some decently priced ammo. I am wondering where the best place would be for me to take my baby to shoot around the Royersford/Limerick area. I know about the Lower Providence Rod and Gun Club, but I am unsure about getting a membership. I heard someone at work talking about a public range in the Graterford area.

Any thoughts on where I can take my new baby to have some fun?
    I'm from limerick and I go to North Chester county sportmen's Club www.nccsc.us near Elverson. It's real easy to get membership. Next membership meeting is Aug 5th.
    ....Then Piers Morgan came on and I almost got a concussion from facepalming so hard.

(Montgomery County)

French Creek Outfitters will only let you fire rifle that are in .22lr. Also can shot slugs for shotguns.

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android

(Chester County)

Little more drive, but TargetMasters' indoor range allows you to shoot .223 rounds....that you have to buy from them.

(Chester County)

You could shoot it at Southern Chester County Sportsman's Club in Kennett Square, but sadly, they've reached capacity membership as of right now. There's also Kimberton Rod and Gun Club or New Holland Rifle and Pistol Club as well.

(Montgomery County)

Lower Providence has an indoor range, 25 yard outdoor, and 100 yard outdoor range (in addition to Trap field, and archery range). I shoot my AR there all the time.

Membership is an easy process. You go to the monthly open meeting and sign up then. You'll then go to an orientation/safety course later in the week. The final step is to "volunteer" a few hours on a Saturday to maintenance at the club. It sounds onerous, however it is the most safety-minded club/range I have ever been to. They run top-notch NRA courses during the year for additional training and host almost continuous events including IDPA, USPSA, weekly Trap shoots, regular free clinics (pistol, rifle, trap), and various social picnics and gatherings. To be honest, you won't find too many days each month where there isn't some kind of shooting event going on.

The next meeting for sign-ups is 10/1. Check out lprgc.org if you want more info.

(Chester County)

You're not far from Kimberton Fish and Game Assoc. Membership is like $15 per year or something per Jonnyc below, membership is $100 and they are currently not accepting new members..

I'm at LPRGC because I can usually only shoot pistol after I've got the kids in bed, and at the indoor range, I can go in at 10pm, shoot until midnight, and let myself out. You can't shoot .223 at their indoor range, but if you qualify with a 22lr indoor there, you could shoot your AR with a conversion kit.

Also, South Birdsboro Archery, Rod, & Gun is in Douglassville. If I remember correctly, it's about $22 per year and you can shoot out to 300 yards.
    Last edited by TheWolff; September 12th, 2013 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Corrected for accuracy

Wolff, let me bring you up to date.
    Kimberton is about $100/year for membership, and the roll book is currently closed.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
    Wolff, let me bring you up to date.
    Kimberton is about $100/year for membership, and the roll book is currently closed.
    Thanks for the info!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast