Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Magnetic Holster: any first-hand experience?

I think it is a good idea but I would still wear a belt. I like that you can slip the holster on very easily wherever you want it. I would wear it IWB.

I have a Remora Tuckable with no reinforcement and it is one of my two favorite holsters to wear. You might want to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by cluznar View Post
    I think it is a good idea but I would still wear a belt. I like that you can slip the holster on very easily wherever you want it. I would wear it IWB.

I have a Remora Tuckable with no reinforcement and it is one of my two favorite holsters to wear. You might want to check it out.
    I don't wear belts, and I won't, which is why the magnetic holster appeals to me.

You don't have to wear a belt with the Remora Tuckable either.

Quote Originally Posted by cluznar View Post
    You don't have to wear a belt with the Remora Tuckable either.
    I have one. It works fine for things like jeans or other snug-fitting clothing. It doesn't work so well for dress pants or skirts made of a more flexible and light fabric.

(Lancaster County)

In case you haven't seen it, here is a link to a YouTube video about it. The presenter seems to like it but remember she is selling them as well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbYf...e_gdata_player
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

A couple things come to mind:

1 - There is only one magnet. To me this could create a pivot point for the entire holster to rotate around. With the type of clothing you are talking about wearing, light and flexible, I don't know that even the part of the flap that rides on the belt line would be enough to keep the gun from shifting as you walk, bend, kneel, twist and turn. I see the fabric bunching and/or stretching. I would thoroughly investigate their return policy before purchasing one, and wear it around the house with an unloaded firearm before wearing it to work.

2 - What effect does the magnet have on the ability to draw? It looks like its pretty far from the firearm, so the effect should be minimal, but it's something I'd consider before putting it into daily use.

Having said all that, it DOES look interesting. I know at least 3 women in my family who would carry more often or wouldn't carry in their purse if this holster works as advertised.

If you do get it, could you either post a review, or shoot me a PM with your impressions?
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12