Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: high end gun or common pistol for OC

Quote Originally Posted by forby View Post
    Just to clarify...

The issue is getting the pistol taken and possibly damaged by LEO.

I shoot both well.....
    There is only one reason to carry a sidearm -- so that you will have a firearm if/when you need it to defend yourself. If/when that day arises, your firearm WILL be taken in evidence and held by the police for a period of time and under conditions that are entirely beyond your control. The police will NOT care for your firearm the way you do. I have read of cases where the police electro-stenciled the case number onto the side of the firearm. You have no control over that, and you have no recourse if, two or three years in the future, they return to you a rusty block of metal that has the same serial number as your once-prized MegaBlaster X73.

I like 1911s. I have a pretty nice example of a blued Colt Officers ACP Mark IV. I don't carry it. The cheaper M1991A1 Compact is the exact same pistol, mechanically, as the Mark IV Officers ACP, but in a dull black oxide finish with no frills. That's what I carry. If (God forbid) I ever have to use it and it's taken as evidence, I won't cry crocodile tears over what might befall it while in police custody.

YMMV

I'd say OC what you are comfortable OC'ing. If you are worried about scratches or unwanted handling by LEO's and the like I'd go with the Glock and save the HK for family events where you are less likely to have a problem.

(Lehigh County)

Shouldn't this be in the OC forum instead of the cc forum? I do believe the OP question was one of open carry, or am I missing something?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123