Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Opinions on Subaru dealer service dept.

Hi all,

What are your experiences with either of these two, Moyer in Hamburg and Becker in Allentown?

- fair prices?
    - quality of service?
    - suggest a better dealer?

Thanks in advance!
    dp

The End of Josiah's Railroad, Pennsylvania
    (Luzerne County)

Default Re: Opinions on Subaru dealer service dept.

I always get good service at A&T Subaru in Sellersville. The only problem is that my GPS thinks they are several miles from their actual location.

I don't have any experience with the other two.

(Berks County)

Stay away from Steve Moyer. I had several bad experiences them. I drive the extra miles to Lancaster County Subaru.

(Berks County)

Thanks Breadman & Steveo.

A&T is bit of a drive, but will keep them in mind.

My first experience with Moyer was not very good. I won't be back, but wanted to be sure I didn't just have a bug up my backside on that day.

(Berks County)

Moyer...no way I'll go back.

They did the clutch in my 95 legacy, they didn't even put the dash and shift boot back together right. Very pricey as well.

Gave them a second chance on my Air conditioning, charge was low and I wanted them to look for a leak and charge it back up.

"The compressor is shot, you need a new one", I went and got a can of R134 refrigerant and sealer to recharge my now empty system and it has been running fine for the last 4 years.

Assholes.
    "Disperse you Rebels! Damn you! Throw down your Arms and Disperse!" British Major Pitcairn at Lexington April 19, 1775

"Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things" Marvin Heemeyer

(Berks County)

The wife and I were treated poorly at Steve Moyer and will not be back.
    My experiences at Lancaster Subaru have been great so far. I support my local independent garage when ever possible. I only go to a dealer when I absolutely have to like a recall.

(Berks County)

We just bought a Subaru from becker. Everything was top notch. Were were treated very nice and if the sales department is anything like service. I'm sure were going to be happy. Steve Moyer is a business that shouldn't be in business. They don't deal on their cars. The sales man and sales manager we spoke with were so fake to us. It was sicking. Thier numbers were so far off from other dealers it was a freaking joke. We wanted to keep our business in the local area. Which most people do. But Steve Moyer will never see a penny of my money. I will drive to Becker to get everything done for our car.

I have bought a lot of cars. Like 17 and several motorcycles and boats. Becker didn't fluff anything. The owner works there every day they are open. The are low pressure. And get this, they are not open on the weekend and they are not open late. How does a business do that and keep the doors open?????? They are just that good. I know I sound like i work there and I want to sell you a car. But I know a good dealer when I find one. Give them a shot.

And screw Steve Moyer,....Over priced, Jerk offs.
    TACKLEBERRY!!!!!

(Lehigh County)

I haven't been to Becker in quite a few years. (got rid of my Subaru) I do most of my own work but I did have my car in for warranty work a few times and they (Becker) always did good work in a timely manner. I couldn't come up with a reason to complain about them that wouldn't apply to all car dealerships.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Lancaster County)

I happen to be an employee at Lancaster Subaru. I am proud of our customer service and we will work as hard as we can to make sure your vehicle is to your liking. Thank you Steveo for your business!

(York County)

Bought my 2000 OB new from Becker and had them service it for awhile when I lived in the area - good prices and service.

Moyer - no complaints - bought '09 Forrester in '11 at a very good price. Service has been good before i switched to Deer Lake
    ANY dealer-shop will have high rates - it just is.

P.S.
    Moyer is in Leesport - not Hamburg!

DP - I see you're in Berks - if close enough - I highly recommend Deer Lake Auto on Rt. 61 - they sell used and provide very good maintenance on Subarus. On many service visits - they don't push what is not needed - and if they do try something and its not the prob - I have paid only for the part - not the labor.

Deer Lake takes care of both my Subies for years now.
    Last edited by 2DogsBarking; September 20th, 2013 at 03:11 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast