Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Some info please

Getting closer to selling the house here in ny and going to pa. I've decided on wayne county, it looks like upstate ny, without the ny. I've been down to look at a few houses there, like hawley, honesdale and south sterling. I'm also looking at areas like starucca and Damascus. I like the rural type setting with some acreage. Can you guys tell me anything about the area, that the real estate people aren't. Like places to flat out avoid. I know about the gas leasing and that nonsense, also to stay away from any home associations. basically looking to get away from ny type politics, liberals, gun laws, and such.

Also is there any work for a contractor, welder, mechanic around?

Thanks guys, looking forward to getting out of here and trying to find America again.

(Pike County)

Default Re: Some info please

Welcome to Pennsylvania. I lived by lake Wallenpaupak for a couple of years. It's a nice area. Compared to NYC, there really isn't a bad area. LOL! You're smart in trying to avoid home owners associations. They kinda suck. Welcome to the free world. Your going to like it!

(Pike County)

Welcome to PA!

Wayne is a great Choice. Beautiful up there. I have been following the entire "Marcellus Shale" project. Im a 100% supporter, But Wayne County is not gonna be a huge Booming county compared to Bradford County, There still will be Gas Production but on a smaller scale.

Right now were going through the "Northeast Upgrade Project" Pipeline Companies "Michels" and "Tennessee Pipeline" (Kinder Morgan) are upgrading the Pipelines and adding Compressor Stations in Susquehanna, Pike, Wayne Counties in PA and going into North Jersey.

I am a Self Employed Welder. Unfortunately I have to go to North Jersey for work. I would love to stay in the woods in PA where I can carry a firearm on my hip but theres not a big call for Welding work around here.

As for a GC, theres work in remodels and construction anywhere. Im not bad mouthing PA at all, (I love this state, I really do) but the money will be found over that damn border in NJ, as much as I hate to say it.
    Know Christ Know Peace, No Christ No Peace

(Pike County)

Welcome to PA!

Wayne is a great Choice. Beautiful up there. I have been following the entire "Marcellus Shale" project. Im a 100% supporter, But Wayne County is not gonna be a huge Booming county compared to Bradford County, There still will be Gas Production but on a smaller scale.

Right now were going through the "Northeast Upgrade Project" Pipeline Companies "Michels" and "Tennessee Pipeline" (Kinder Morgan) are upgrading the Pipelines and adding Compressor Stations in Susquehanna, Pike, Wayne Counties in PA and going into North Jersey.

I am a Self Employed Welder. Unfortunately I have to go to North Jersey for work. I would love to stay in the woods in PA where I can carry a firearm on my hip but theres not a big call for Welding work around here.

As for a GC, theres work in remodels and construction anywhere. Im not bad mouthing PA at all, (I love this state, I really do) but the money will be found over that damn border in NJ, as much as I hate to say it.
    Know Christ Know Peace, No Christ No Peace

(Lancaster County)

the only problem with Wayne County is all the ex-NY'ers. Oh wait..........never mind

Three Things:

You will be disappointed with the pizza.
    Most places have never heard of a hard roll and offer you kaiser.
    The bagels suck here

Other than that welcome!

(Wayne County)

Stay out of the Hideout. Watch for PPL Northeast Reliablity Project, they are cutting a wide tract for new powerlines. South Sterling will not be effected by it and Sterling is a beautiful place to live. Close enough to Scranin and Wilkes Barre but far enough to be in the country.

Thanks for the info guys!

Qtrborecrazy, what's the hideout? I've never heard of that before.

I did inquire about a house somewhere in wayne, nice place, until they told me that they were going to take 1 acre of land away and put power lines through the property. No thanks

(Wayne County)

Catapillar man welcome to Pa. the Hideout is a development between Hamlin and Lake Ariel on rt 590. You know, got to pay for everything, gates have to kiss ass, home owners association etc etc. I guess you found out about the power lines. Google PPL northeast Reliablity Project and you can see the map of the route they are taking. Plenty of places to work GSI excavating heavy equipment just east of Hamlin. If you move northern Wayne you can always jump over to Hancock N.Y. Wayne county sheriff Steelmen gun friendly to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    Catapillar man welcome to Pa. the Hideout is a development between Hamlin and Lake Ariel on rt 590. You know, got to pay for everything, gates have to kiss ass, home owners association etc etc. I guess you found out about the power lines. Google PPL northeast Reliablity Project and you can see the map of the route they are taking. Plenty of places to work GSI excavating heavy equipment just east of Hamlin. If you move northern Wayne you can always jump over to Hancock N.Y. Wayne county sheriff Steelmen gun friendly to boot.
    Yes, I know enough to stay away from any associations or communities. I'm trying to get away from stuff like that here in ny, not go into more of it.
    I have to ask, I was looking online and noticed that fireworks are illegal there, what gives? I miss my fireworks, very illegal here. They offer a permit? What's that cost? I'm guessing that you guys in pa have a lot of similarities with ny, as in NYC has a great influence in what is done in the whole state. Kinda like Philadelphia with pa?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast