Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Wayne County)

Default Re: Some info please

Catapillar only fireworks that blow up. Sparkler and like are OK. Around here everything goes. Just have to be careful with dry weather. Let us know where you decide. Im in Sterling and it has lots of history, like William Pen lived here. Like I said I can be in Scranton in 30 minutes and Wilkes Barre in 40. Lots of chain restaurants, movie house so its nice. Got 1.6 million I have 179 acres for sale with fantastic views. Good luck to you.

i looked at a house in sterling. 745 carlton road. 50 acres. wasn't for me.

im looking all over wayne, looking for a decent house an 30-50 acres in the 250-350 range.

like i said, im close to selling the house here, when i do, im going to setup a weekend and find something to buy, im working with a realtor down there who feeds me house info.

whats the rules for shooting on your own property? obviously, into a backstop, not over roads. what about setbacks from someone Else's property? and are the people their gun friendly or will they call the sheriff on me. I would be courteous with when and how long of course

thanks a lot for help. we'll have a beer or a coffee when i get there, and do some shooting

(Wayne County)

Caterpillar you might find it alittle hard due to all the shale drilling. Wayne county is not to bad but everyone hopes to hit the jackpot. What did you think of the area in Sterling? Ask about Newfoundland also. Shooting on your own property no problem, will your neighbor call the sheriff only if he's a dick. When I was looking around for property I looked in Pleasant Mount not a bad area. Any kids Western Wayne is a good school system.

Yes, I have a 14 month old son, which is why I picked Wayne, I had heard good things about the school. I have looked all over wayne, Damascus, sterling, starucca, honesdale. It's a nice area, just need to sell here and run. I'll find something
    Thanks again

(Pike County)

If you end up Choosing Pike County whatever you do dont Send your kids to the East Stroudsburg North Area School District.... I went there and Im like Duhhhhhhh!

All Kidding aside... East Stroudsburg North is a horrible school. We had teachers that everyday we did absolutely nothing in there classes except sit there and BS with out buddies. And these were core classes (Math, History...) A handful of good teachers but the school in general sucks. Its like little Harlem. All the Scum from the city that cant afford to live there anymore moved up here and the area went to hell in a hand basket. All these Foreclosures arent a bad thing, its slowly getting rid of the Scum...

On a good note I did go to MCTI (Monroe Career and technical Institute) in Bartonsville PA. Amazing School. Cant say enough good things about it. I graduated from welding.
    Last edited by DieselDon16; July 24th, 2013 at 04:03 PM.
    Know Christ Know Peace, No Christ No Peace

(Monroe County)

As long as you stay away from HOA communities your good to go. Enjoy your stay
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

(Wayne County)

Cat man I got a place down the road from me on Spring Hill road here in Sterling. Log home,barn,28 acres and pastures. Been on the market awhile for 369k.

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    Cat man I got a place down the road from me on Spring Hill road here in Sterling. Log home,barn,28 acres and pastures. Been on the market awhile for 369k.
    Thanks for the offer, that's a little more than I want to spend. We are getting closer, we have contracts at the buyers attorney, hopefully soon the deal will be done. I'm going to see a few properties this Saturday. A couple in Damascus, one in starucca. Besides the actual property, I just need to make sure that stores, a hospital, schools are within a reasonable drive. I don't want to be so far away from a school that my son is going to have to wake up at 3 am to get their on time. Lol. I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks again.

(Tioga County)

If you don't find anything in Wayne County, take a trip west along Route 6 as some of the counties up here are nice and don't have as many people. The gas boom up here went crazy for a while a few years ago, but it has tamped down to a steady level and apparently here in Tioga county there is going to be a lot of pipeline work coming up putting in more infrastructure. I've also heard of a pipeline plant going in Mansfield that will produce or service temporary pipe to wells to cut down on truck traffic.

People shoot on their property up here and it's unheard of for people to complain unless you are doing something dangerous.

(Wayne County)

I am doing exactly what you are thinking of. Hope to close on a house in Wayne County in about a month. Expect to be a bona fide PA citizen by the first of the the new year! Will have some residual work connections to NYC and will have to commute in from Hawley for a while, but that soon too shall pass. Goodbye NJ and NYC. NJ's and NY's firearms laws are getting worse and all of them a targeted at law abiding citizens who they want to harass and intimidate, up to the point where they will simply confiscate. I am tired of it. I can't give you a ton of information on the area. We chose Wayne county because we found the right house for us. We were looking at Pike too, which is a little easier for commuting to NY if you have to do it. I am not in a Community but I did see one outside of Milford that looked decent. I was warned off them too, but some of them looked OK to me, not too much hassle, just sharing road maintenance and other basic services.

Right now I need information on 2A friendly merchants and other service providers. I intend to patronize 2A supporters if they do competent work, which is first and foremost. But if someone has a good rep for the work they do and they support the Second Amendment, I will part with my money in that direction.

Good luck with your search. It took me a few years to go from concept to actually doing it, but we are. The recent gun law changes in NY made it real easy to rule out going there. NJ is following suit, Christie will probably sign the bad stuff already passed by the Dems and they will just keep coming back with more until they are worse than NY, MD and CT.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast