Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Trop Gun

Default Re: Trop Gun

I went to trop on 9/29/18 to sell a old shotgun I had, the employee was very nice, professional and honest with me, he advised me to go sell it private party but I didn't want to deal with that so I took the offer. I'm not too thrilled with the merchandise they had. They had a lot of empty spots on the shelving and the used section barely there. They don't really have anything for the gun enthusiast, it seems they only cater to either the new shooter with really cheap firearms or collectors with high end firearms. I was there around 11:30 - 12:00 and there was only about 7 customers in the store including the range. Trop seems like a ghost town compared to what it use to be.

(Berks County)

Haven’t been in maybe 2-3 years. I used to like it a lot. Sad to see that happened. The new store seemed very nice.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by GunGeek93 View Post
    I went to trop on 9/29/18 to sell a old shotgun I had, the employee was very nice, professional and honest with me, he advised me to go sell it private party but I didn't want to deal with that so I took the offer. I'm not too thrilled with the merchandise they had. They had a lot of empty spots on the shelving and the used section barely there. They don't really have anything for the gun enthusiast, it seems they only cater to either the new shooter with really cheap firearms or collectors with high end firearms. I was there around 11:30 - 12:00 and there was only about 7 customers in the store including the range. Trop seems like a ghost town compared to what it use to be.
    What exactly are you looking for that you make that comment? Trop carries a full line of all the common high turn over items. They have what the market currently demands... Sig, S&W, Ruger, Kimber, Glock, etc... They have a full line of ARs, hunting rifles, shotguns, etc... They also have items in stock that aren't on display.

You're missing something on the used firearms. Trop sends out a weekly email every Tuesday of all the used guns. It's always at least two pages long. I just received this weeks release and have attached it here for you.

I'm in no way a Trop loyalist but I've found some great deals. This year alone I've bought 5 guns off of them because the used prices were so low. The key to their used guns is getting there when they put them out. It's the same day each week and many of them sell fast due to the pricing.

I've never paid sticker price for one of their guns. The sales guys are always willing to consider a an offer if it is reasonable. In one case I wanted a $400 rifle but told them I'd only buy it if they could get me out the door based on the $350 cash I had in my wallet. They sold it to me for $325 including tax and PICS.

trop1.jpgtrop2.jpg

Bought an HK VP9SK there today. Had a very positive experience with Steven. Friendly and helpful, and gave me some new cleaning solution recommendations for the future.

Didn’t get great value on my trade-in but that’s to be expected pretty much anywhere these days and the price on the HK was good IMO.
    Last edited by GeneralWashington; January 29th, 2019 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Added something

If those are actually used, those prices are insane. M&P40 for $550? You can get trade ins for $250 all day online or at Surplus City in Feasterville.

(Tioga County)

I was in there recently and it had been probably about 2 and a half years since I was last in there(the last experience was not great). Previously they had a substantial section and selection of ammo and reloading supplies. That section has been obliterated and replaced with clothes and junk. It seemed to me they have chosen to stock the low price, high margin stuff like tee shirts or AR furniture, along with the most common guns. The ammo selection was very sparse. For me personally it's a trip out of the way and I don't live nearby so I would anticipate not going back myself as there is neither the pricing or the selection of stuff worth an extra trip. For some reason, I guess they bought a collection up, but they had like two dozen Arisakas in stock, so if you are looking for one of those, you are in luck.

Was in the Trop this past Saturday. First time in a few years. Once I meandered over to the gun counter, it almost looked like the store was ready to close. Lots of empty space on display. It wasn't busy either. I recall the last time I was there that the place was filled with firearms to be had. All I am saying is that, from a marketing perspective, it was odd to see what appeared to be a picked over store.
    My GGG Grandpappy,front row (20th NC, Co. F.) and Family Circa 1900.

(Berks County)

My how the tide has turned....
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Berks County)

Agree with the posters commenting on lack of inventory. Was in there recently for the first time in awhile and was shocked at the lack of pistols in the cases, as well as the extremely small handgun ammo selection. Wont be stopping there again anytime soon.

Stopped in on Saturday. They had a decent selection of guns for sale. Found a used Hi-Point in 10mm for a good price. Their ammo selection is definitely less than what they used to have when it was on the left side of the shop. The guys behind the counter were easy to deal with. No complaints.

Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast