Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Trop Gun

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Trop Gun

Right after I posted the last reply I ordered 500 rounds of AE 115 grain for 123.67 delivered. Thats 12.37 per 50. Take the time and look around online, I have got some really good deals. Black Friday I scored a 1000 round case of geco 115 grain 9mm for 225 dollars delivered. Cabelas has free shipping and a few 9mm varieties cheaper than Trop.

(Berks County)

That is an entirely sweet deal!
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Lancaster County)

Cabelas has free shipping and a few 9mm varieties cheaper than Trop.
    Maybe they do but I know places that have it for ALOT more. I was in a shop in Waynesboro last week and their cheapest 9mm was $24 a box (50rds FMJ).

Trop is the best place to get ammo locally.

(Lancaster County)

I now see why they don't have any .22lr in the store....they're selling American Eagle bricks online for $64.99. Really? What about us locals that got you where you are today????

(Lancaster County)

How about that, a few weeks ago they had it in store for 29.99. Any gun they have, backhoods,Hakes , or Lanco Tactical can probably get you for less. I have been buying guns from Kentucky gun co. Sig navy seal 798.00 deliverd plus 28 dollars to lanco for transfer. Still saved over 120 dollars from Trops price. They can charge what they want for ammo because they are the only place local that has some calibers in stock. They have 15-22 mags online for 17.99 but in store they are 19.99. They made so much money gouging during the panik that they can't stop. As long as people pay their prices they can charge what they want.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by sdeen View Post
    They made so much money gouging during the panik that they can't stop. As long as people pay their prices they can charge what they want.
    You are, obviously, entitled to your opinion.....but I just don't think that is a fair evaluation of Trop. I never saw any "gouging" and they have always been a shop that has been fair with pricing and availability of ammo and guns.

From what I've seen....their online pricing has been competitive with other online shops. Their "in store" pricing has been competitive with other brick-and-mortar stores. I see this as a win-win for them as well as their customers.

(Lancaster County)

Any gun they have, backhoods,Hakes , or Lanco Tactical can probably get you for less.
    Probably true BUT, I purchased a few of the Wise Emergency backpacks from Trop a couple months ago for $45 each yet they were $79.99 just a few blocks down the road.

Several years ago I was a staunch hater of Trop. There is even a thread here where I blast them and say pretty much the same things you said. Prices suck, service sucks, etc..., but under the new ownership they have made many improvements. Better pricing, more professional staffing (both attire and attitude), implemented a rewards program, willingness to stock items on request (they added my favorite cigar to the humidor on my request) and a much larger inventory of items and accessories.

Also there are some occasions where having a stocking dealer is beneficial. An example is that I recently purchased a Les Baer Custom Carry 1911 (40th bday gift to myself) from Trop. Now, I could have bought one online and had it shipped into another dealer and saved a few dollars, but buying it at Trop afforded me the chance to give it a hands on inspection prior to purchase. I mean, I was dropping $2K (out the door including tax, etc..) on a pistol and frankly I didn't want to drop that kind of coin (most I ever spent on a firearm) sight unseen. Trop had 2 of them in stock and I picked the one I preferred (other one had lighter colored grips that I didn't prefer).

In closing I'll just say that for some of us, Trop is a great place to spend some time (and money). If that's not the case for you, no biggie. We are fortunate enough to have a lot of quality gun shops in our area for you to utilize.
    Last edited by sigarms229; December 15th, 2013 at 11:39 PM.

(Lancaster County)

Just visited the new store. Pretty nice set-up but I wish they would've waited to open till all of the construction was finished. They have more black guns and pistols than I remember but the last time I stopped by was over a year ago just before the Sandy Hook hype.

Has anyone seen the club or range yet? I heard some employees talking about them but haven't heard many details. I did see they have a video room which will kick ass if I can drop my carpet lizards in that room while I shop.

(Cumberland County)

I was just at Trop yesterday and they do have 22LR....I could even find .380 and no one seems to have any of that..

(Cumberland County)

To Sigarms229.. A few years ago Trops was under different owners... They weren't the store they are today... Prices are well any others on guns and ammo... I usually do not go anywhere else...

Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast