Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Trop Gun

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Trop Gun

They had ammo when nobody else did
    Very fair point. They also imposed ammo limits so that EVERYONE had a chance to buy some, not just a few guys hoarding it all......

(Lancaster County)

If it hasn't been said on here already-

Trop now has Sunday hours starting today 11AM-6PM!!!!!!!!!

(Lancaster County)

I have to correct they guy that says trop never raised their prices. Last summer on several occasions we bought AE 9mm by the case foyr 199 dollars and the 50 box was 10.99 they now charge 15.49 for 50 I still have some of my receipts because I bought a case of 9mm with one of the guns I bought. Went to walmat today and scored 3 100 round boxes of WWB 115 grain for 23.57 , they would only sell me 3 of them. That really is the same price as before the panic.

(Lancaster County)

In the past Trop had some great prices. I have to wonder, if with their higher overhead they will continue to provide great prices. If they can not provide good prices, I believe, their business will not do well.

Shooters esp experienced shooters seem as a group to be very price driven in regard to purchases. I know I am. That is why I have no problem with them charging whatever they can get. I will buy from them when the price is right or the guy down the road if he is cheaper.
    Last edited by jack76590; November 25th, 2013 at 12:37 AM.

(Cumberland County)

So was anyone standing in line for their Black Friday sales this morning? I pulled in the parking lot at 8:45 and just did a U-turn. Looked like 3 lines deep the length of the building. I was looking to get 5.56 but time is money - not worth my time standing in line just to walk thru the door. I'll check out their new store some other time.

(Berks County)

I was there. Arrived a few minuets before before open at 7:30am. Employee was leaving so I got the space. Soon they announced the bank was going to tow cars. Long wait. One big line. This was my first time at Trop. I saw nothing because it was just standing in line. They gave out tickets for door busters. Told us the serial numbers on tickets matched guns, don't loose the tickets. I got 2, one for a 9 and one for a 40 for the shields at $339.99. I wanted 9 but they were out so I took 40, then at the door someone gave back a ticket for a nine so that's ow I got both. I figured it was a great deal so what the heck. Turns out the employees were just pulling guns and not matching numbers and the gun for my 9mm ticket was gone and no 9s left. I did get the 40, I figured karma on it. I asked about rain check, they were not interested. I have to go back on a regular day, employees all were nice and shop is well stocked, maybe not after today I could have spent more but no more lines, no way. I got blaser9mm brass case fore door buster price maxed 5 boxes and cci 22 3brick limit. 22lr ! Long wate more lines after paperwork. Not able to shop store, I wasn't getting out of line. Then after approval is the line to pay !! They needed a system, they did the best they could. They need to study the cabellas model of have them shop while waiting on pics and call them and take the money. I know they lost sales by how they did it, and I know they lost money on the door busters. Still they did get people like me in the place for the first time. I will be back, but it will be next year. They do have to keep better track when the hand out tickets to people in a line and tell them they will be getting that gun. They did need a better response when the gun was sold. First the guy said it was to hold the door buster price not the gun, then no rain check, then he admits sales people didn't keep track of numbers on the tickets. They also had to sell guns with no tickes or I would have gotten a 9. At least I got a 40 and ammo. Anybody else in line?

(York County)

I was about the 25th person through the door when they opened, grabbed some ammo on the way to the gun line, handed in my ticket for an M&P 15-22, then to the paperwork desk. I got lucky because I had my paperwork done before NICS was open so I was sent to shop the store, unfortunately if you were in line past that point, you had to wait in line until your check was complete. I was in and out in about 90 minutes, it was nice that they let firearm purchasers pay at a separate counter and not wait in the normal checkout line that snaked through the entire store. When checking out it was discovered that I had been given an M&P 15, not the 15-22, the correct rifle was found and I was on my way.

I shop Trop frequently and have never had an issue, friendly staff with a welcoming attitude, great selection, and a no pressure sales practice that I like very much. Now if I just got one of the $100 gift certificate emails with my rewards card number in it.

This was the first time in my life that I have done the Black Friday thing. I spent some time outside in line and overall it was a good experience. If you know what you wanted and where it was in the store I believe it was worth it, but if it was your first time there or you just wanted to shop, you would be better off going on a normal day as you could hardly navigate from the back of the store to the door.

Oh and anyone considering a 15-22, get it, they are a ton of fun. I put about a brick through mine yesterday.
    Last edited by RocketSled; November 30th, 2013 at 11:04 AM.

(Cumberland County)

I generally refuse to shop on Black Friday. Saving an average of 10% or even 20% is just not enough for me to get up at 5AM, stand in line for hours and deal with a bunch of people acting like animals.

My only stop yesterday was Trop, but much later in the day. I went in around 2PM or so and picked up a couple of things. .22 bricks were gone, but other than that they had everything I was planning on buying.

Good experience, as always.

(Lancaster County)

I may be the minority but I preferred the old store, the old staff and the old prices.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Lancaster County)

Just curious if anyone else noticed they upped the price on blazer 9mm ammo from 15.49 to 16.49 per 50.

Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast