Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829

Thread: Trop Gun

Default Re: Trop Gun

I went to trop on 9/29/18 to sell a old shotgun I had, the employee was very nice, professional and honest with me, he advised me to go sell it private party but I didn't want to deal with that so I took the offer. I'm not too thrilled with the merchandise they had. They had a lot of empty spots on the shelving and the used section barely there. They don't really have anything for the gun enthusiast, it seems they only cater to either the new shooter with really cheap firearms or collectors with high end firearms. I was there around 11:30 - 12:00 and there was only about 7 customers in the store including the range. Trop seems like a ghost town compared to what it use to be.

(Berks County)

Haven’t been in maybe 2-3 years. I used to like it a lot. Sad to see that happened. The new store seemed very nice.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunGeek93 View Post
    I went to trop on 9/29/18 to sell a old shotgun I had, the employee was very nice, professional and honest with me, he advised me to go sell it private party but I didn't want to deal with that so I took the offer. I'm not too thrilled with the merchandise they had. They had a lot of empty spots on the shelving and the used section barely there. They don't really have anything for the gun enthusiast, it seems they only cater to either the new shooter with really cheap firearms or collectors with high end firearms. I was there around 11:30 - 12:00 and there was only about 7 customers in the store including the range. Trop seems like a ghost town compared to what it use to be.
    What exactly are you looking for that you make that comment? Trop carries a full line of all the common high turn over items. They have what the market currently demands... Sig, S&W, Ruger, Kimber, Glock, etc... They have a full line of ARs, hunting rifles, shotguns, etc... They also have items in stock that aren't on display.

You're missing something on the used firearms. Trop sends out a weekly email every Tuesday of all the used guns. It's always at least two pages long. I just received this weeks release and have attached it here for you.

I'm in no way a Trop loyalist but I've found some great deals. This year alone I've bought 5 guns off of them because the used prices were so low. The key to their used guns is getting there when they put them out. It's the same day each week and many of them sell fast due to the pricing.

I've never paid sticker price for one of their guns. The sales guys are always willing to consider a an offer if it is reasonable. In one case I wanted a $400 rifle but told them I'd only buy it if they could get me out the door based on the $350 cash I had in my wallet. They sold it to me for $325 including tax and PICS.

trop1.jpgtrop2.jpg

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829