Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Trop Gun

(Clearfield County)

Default Re: Trop Gun

Quote Originally Posted by TropGun.com View Post
    Actually I always envisioned my dad more of the Randy Savage Type! LOL. Actually if you look back through several of the threads about Trop we periodically take a look at forums and generally try and respond to customer concerns. We don't however scan them daily so sometimes the response is a little delayed. What we will not suffer is people spreading lies and disinformation. That doesn't make us crybabies or show "attitude," sorry you feel that way. Not sure why standing up for our business and calling out those who spread outright lies and half truths, via their anonymous screen name, is viewed as a bad thing (BTW this is Phill Groff with Trop). We welcome any discussion you would like to have but understand that we will not take the "the customer is always right therefore we will be a doormat for lies" approach. I hope the thread turns epic, I love a discussion!
    Actually yes, acting the way you were does indeed show attitude, I'm a little concerned that you seem to think "100% FALSE" and accusations of "slander" are a reasonable response from a business. Are you professionals or a bunch of tatted up mall ninjas?

Also "love a discussion"? Is that why you jumped in and tried to shut one down?

Quote Originally Posted by TropGun.com View Post
    Actually I always envisioned my dad more of the Randy Savage Type! LOL. Actually if you look back through several of the threads about Trop we periodically take a look at forums and generally try and respond to customer concerns. We don't however scan them daily so sometimes the response is a little delayed. What we will not suffer is people spreading lies and disinformation. That doesn't make us crybabies or show "attitude," sorry you feel that way. Not sure why standing up for our business and calling out those who spread outright lies and half truths, via their anonymous screen name, is viewed as a bad thing (BTW this is Phill Groff with Trop). We welcome any discussion you would like to have but understand that we will not take the "the customer is always right therefore we will be a doormat for lies" approach. I hope the thread turns epic, I love a discussion!
    How about you guys discuss what happened with Vigilance Tactical, Phill. Seems while they were under Trop's umbrella they screwed quite a few folks over who placed custom orders, but never received them. Now you guys are selling Chris Moon's business as a turnkey opportunity. Does that mean you also own his debts?

(Lancaster County)

Ronin please email me directly at pgroff@tropgun.com and I will see about getting you squared away with your Vigilance situation.

(Lancaster County)

I'm not a fan of public bashing especially Gun Shop's but after I heard what they did to Chris I will never spend a dime there again.

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by MEK1911 View Post
    I'm not a fan of public bashing especially Gun Shop's but after I heard what they did to Chris I will never spend a dime there again.
    Did ? A thread on this ?

Quote Originally Posted by MEK1911 View Post
    Please provide references for this please. I'd like to read about it.

Because I have been using them for years and have had nothing but good service.

(Lancaster County)

I haven't been to Trop in quite a while for obvious reasons. I decided to stop in and see what they had. Selection of handguns were down from what I remember. I didn't recognize a single person working there. I used to talk to several employees there who knew me by name. Whitney was with them for many years and she is gone. My mailman is a former Trop employee. He told me some stories of how bad things were. I can't confirm them so I won't share, If they were at all accurate I don't expect the turnover in staff to stop. The last straw for me was the huge jump in transfer fee for guns shipped to Trop. For anyone that buys guns online have them sent to Smithgalls pharmacy in Lan caster. Yes, they are a FFL. $20 total fee, in and out in under 10 minutes. I have had 13 guns shipped to them over the last 2 years and every time it went perfect. They also sell guns and ammo there at reasonable prices. Person to person transfers are also $20. I would like to hear the details of what happened to Chris. That name came up when my mailman was venting about how bad things were at Trop.

Quote Originally Posted by sdeen View Post
    I haven't been to Trop in quite a while for obvious reasons. I decided to stop in and see what they had. Selection of handguns were down from what I remember. I didn't recognize a single person working there. I used to talk to several employees there who knew me by name. Whitney was with them for many years and she is gone. My mailman is a former Trop employee. He told me some stories of how bad things were. I can't confirm them so I won't share, If they were at all accurate I don't expect the turnover in staff to stop. The last straw for me was the huge jump in transfer fee for guns shipped to Trop. For anyone that buys guns online have them sent to Smithgalls pharmacy in Lan caster. Yes, they are a FFL. $20 total fee, in and out in under 10 minutes. I have had 13 guns shipped to them over the last 2 years and every time it went perfect. They also sell guns and ammo there at reasonable prices. Person to person transfers are also $20. I would like to hear the details of what happened to Chris. That name came up when my mailman was venting about how bad things were at Trop.

UMmmm... why not share at this point? The rest of your post is full of anti Trop comments. Dropping hints doesn't allow anyone to form a fair opinion. It is possible that your mailman left on bad terms. There are two sides to every story. The truth is somewhere in the middle and seldom fully understood.

I'm not a Trop employee or a regular. I stop in on occasion. Some prices are a bit out of my reach but many items are priced fairly, this coming from someone who can buy wholesale through a large PA supplier. As a matter of fact I was just in the shop last week and bought two barrels that were half the price of competitors.

(Mifflin County)

I went to their web site to see the transfer price is 49.99. That is expensive ,but it is their right to charge what they do. It tells me they don't want you buying from someone else.

(Lancaster County)

I ran into my mailman Saturday. He is going to be posting this week to explain some things. I just read my last post and it was not full of anti Trop. I said I didn't see anyone I used to know which was a fact. I mentioned the big price increase in transfer price which was also a fact. I also ran into Allecia, she worked at Trop for several years until she left there a few years ago to work at the Mt. Joy diner where she said she started there making more money than she did at Trop after working there for 5 years. I notice most of the people that like to jump on the side of Trop are not people that have shopped there much in the past. I bought well over 15 guns at Trop from 2006 till 2013. I also bought 10s of thousands of rounds of ammo from them. When I complain about them it's from experience, not from reading other people's posts and forming a opinion.

Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast