Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Trop Gun

(Clearfield County)

Default Re: Trop Gun

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    That's a shame. I didn't get there much but I liked the "modern" gunshop. I hope this doesn't foretell new Holland sportsmans future
    They built that shop based on the panic, I don't know if it can make it with current demand.

(Cumberland County)

Inside scoop.. They have idiots at the top of the food chain.. They were one of Gunbroker's top 10 sellers doing millions of dollars in sales. (a great thing). Gunbroker was giving them all kind of perks.. They had a great business relationship.Then the top dog (at Trops) got the idea (Or had it given to him) to start their own online sales division.. Well this new venture did not work out.. (So there goes big revenue) They also got involved in a Custom rifle manufacturing deal..(I guess it was long range tactical stuff). Custom machines, millwright, staff.. ect. Well the Trop Custom Rifles had problems for a while and they turned out a lot of bad units. So they took the profits from the Store (Which at one time was a cash cow) and dumped them in to the Custom Rifle division. Not sure how the product is now but it cost them Millions. So you have a Custom Gun division sucking up cash and Loss of Online Revenue by trying to Be a Better Gunbroker.. and things are not to good there right now.. a once great store with some of the biggest contracts in the Area (How did you think they were able to sell new Glocks on sale so cheap..? They had tons of them on Skids) has now been mismanaged almost to death.All of this along with the restructuring of in store staff.. They are hurting themselves.. Sad to say..

(Berks County)

Wow, I had no idea. Haven't been there is a bit buy passed by yesterday but had other things to do.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nerfsrule2 View Post
    Inside scoop.. They have idiots at the top of the food chain.. They were one of Gunbroker's top 10 sellers doing millions of dollars in sales. (a great thing). Gunbroker was giving them all kind of perks.. They had a great business relationship.Then the top dog (at Trops) got the idea (Or had it given to him) to start their own online sales division.. Well this new venture did not work out.. (So there goes big revenue) They also got involved in a Custom rifle manufacturing deal..(I guess it was long range tactical stuff). Custom machines, millwright, staff.. ect. Well the Trop Custom Rifles had problems for a while and they turned out a lot of bad units. So they took the profits from the Store (Which at one time was a cash cow) and dumped them in to the Custom Rifle division. Not sure how the product is now but it cost them Millions. So you have a Custom Gun division sucking up cash and Loss of Online Revenue by trying to Be a Better Gunbroker.. and things are not to good there right now.. a once great store with some of the biggest contracts in the Area (How did you think they were able to sell new Glocks on sale so cheap..? They had tons of them on Skids) has now been mismanaged almost to death.All of this along with the restructuring of in store staff.. They are hurting themselves.. Sad to say..

The custom gun maker they bought out was Mark Bansner, a world famous maker of hunting rifles. They basically took the name and started slapping it on howa's with a bloated pricetag

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nerfsrule2 View Post
    By printing the words "inside scoop" one can only assume you wanted the people reading your slander to give it more credibility. I would point out the areas in which you clearly have no idea what you were talking about in regards to our business but it would be easier to highlight the things you got right..... Ummmm well NOTHING!!! We have been a Gunbroker Top-100 account in the past but never even close to Top-10 (we are working on it!). Also the "millions" as a Top-100 account would be a sizable overestimation. Trop and Legendary Arms Works are two completely separate companies. There was at some points some common ownership but they were always separate, distinct companies. Could you please let me know where we could get the amazing Glock deals, even if we buy skids of them. If you had the "inside scoop" like you claim then I would have figured you would have picked a different example other than Glock. Anyone who is actually part of the industry knows that is one company that has VERY little flexibility in pricing even for it's highest volume dealers. The same ownership and management you have gone to great lengths to belittle have been in place since long before moving to the new location. The gun industry in general is struggling through some of the lowest sales in years but rest assured we are alive, kicking and will be around for the long haul to service our loyal customers shooting lifestyle needs.
    Last edited by TropGun.com; June 14th, 2017 at 03:32 PM.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    The custom gun maker they bought out was Mark Bansner, a world famous maker of hunting rifles. They basically took the name and started slapping it on howa's with a bloated pricetag
    100% FALSE!!!! Legendary Arms Works was the combination of essentially three companies. Mark Bansner's Superior Rifle Works, Hi-Tech Precision Stocks and the Ed Brown Rifle Division, specifically the 704 action. The 704 action was refined and perfected by Mark Bansner and the LAW team to produce the rifles that make up the Legendary Arms Works line today. The only connection to Howa is that LAW produced stocks FOR Howa.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    It is a shame how the store is a mere shadow of what it was only 3 years ago. The armory section is nicely presented though. Reloading section is maybe 1/3 of what it was.
    Yellowfin what were looking for in reloading because we are a little confused. We carry more powder, primer, brass and hardware now than we ever have??? In fact we added 2 additional lines of plated bullets and bulk brass. We are still stocking Dillon and RCBS presses and accessories and powder supplies have rebounded nicely.

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by TropGun.com View Post
    By printing the words "inside scoop" one can only assume you wanted the people reading your slander to give it more credibility. I would point out the areas in which you clearly have no idea what you were talking about in regards to our business but it would be easier to highlight the things you got right..... Ummmm well NOTHING!!! We have been a Gunbroker Top-100 account in the past but never even close to Top-10 (we are working on it!). Also the "millions" as a Top-100 account would be a sizable overestimation. Trop and Legendary Arms Works are two completely separate companies. There was at some points some common ownership but they were always separate, distinct companies. Could you please let me know where we could get the amazing Glock deals, even if we buy skids of them. If you had the "inside scoop" like you claim then I would have figured you would have picked a different example other than Glock. Anyone who is actually part of the industry knows that is one company that has VERY little flexibility in pricing even for it's highest volume dealers. The same ownership and management you have gone to great lengths to belittle have been in place since long before moving to the new location. The gun industry in general is struggling through some of the lowest sales in years but rest assured we are alive, kicking and will be around for the long haul to service our loyal customers shooting lifestyle needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by TropGun.com View Post
    100% FALSE!!!! Legendary Arms Works was the combination of essentially three companies. Mark Bansner's Superior Rifle Works, Hi-Tech Precision Stocks and the Ed Brown Rifle Division, specifically the 704 action. The 704 action was refined and perfected by Mark Bansner and the LAW team to produce the rifles that make up the Legendary Arms Works line today. The only connection to Howa is that LAW produced stocks FOR Howa.

Got a little bored during your coffee break and decided to google yourself? I promise you what would have been a forgotten thread that nobody paid much attention to is about to turn epic. Gotta love the attitude though, I'm sure any potential customers reading this will be thrilled to see your company being represented by a 9 year old trying to argue that his dad really is hulk hogan.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    Got a little bored during your coffee break and decided to google yourself? I promise you what would have been a forgotten thread that nobody paid much attention to is about to turn epic. Gotta love the attitude though, I'm sure any potential customers reading this will be thrilled to see your company being represented by a 9 year old trying to argue that his dad really is hulk hogan.
    Actually I always envisioned my dad more of the Randy Savage Type! LOL. Actually if you look back through several of the threads about Trop we periodically take a look at forums and generally try and respond to customer concerns. We don't however scan them daily so sometimes the response is a little delayed. What we will not suffer is people spreading lies and disinformation. That doesn't make us crybabies or show "attitude," sorry you feel that way. Not sure why standing up for our business and calling out those who spread outright lies and half truths, via their anonymous screen name, is viewed as a bad thing (BTW this is Phill Groff with Trop). We welcome any discussion you would like to have but understand that we will not take the "the customer is always right therefore we will be a doormat for lies" approach. I hope the thread turns epic, I love a discussion!
    Last edited by TropGun.com; June 14th, 2017 at 04:58 PM.

(Cambria County)

Sheesh. I saw the "insider knowledge" bs, and was waiting for the usual measured response from Trop that makes the world right again. Instead I get to read a screeching tantrum. That's weird. Good luck with that.

Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast