Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Trop Gun

Default Re: Trop Gun

Went in this morning looking for either some parts or a new handgun. Looked at a few used full sized 45's & 9's. Thought the 45 was a little pricey but it was a Gen4 model. The other was priced right but I passed due to low aftermarket support.

I asked the clerk about a used Sheild & low and behold they had one. It was in good condition and priced right. Plus by some luck it came with four magazines. Two flush and two extended. Also a plastic IWB holster.

Clerk was very friendly and very eager to help. Also the background check only took about 10 minutes.

Overall very pleased with my visit and once again would do business there again.

I will say their 9mm ammo selection wasn't the greatest and prices were what I'd call middle of the road.

But like I said overall experience was great and will be doing business with them again down the road.

FYI best time to go is a weekday right when they open. While the parking lot had about four cars in it already when I arrived it was nice and calm in the store.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by PA1936MN View Post
    Went in this morning looking for either some parts or a new handgun. Looked at a few used full sized 45's & 9's. Thought the 45 was a little pricey but it was a Gen4 model. The other was priced right but I passed due to low aftermarket support.

I asked the clerk about a used Sheild & low and behold they had one. It was in good condition and priced right. Plus by some luck it came with four magazines. Two flush and two extended. Also a plastic IWB holster.

Clerk was very friendly and very eager to help. Also the background check only took about 10 minutes.

Overall very pleased with my visit and once again would do business there again.

I will say their 9mm ammo selection wasn't the greatest and prices were what I'd call middle of the road.

But like I said overall experience was great and will be doing business with them again down the road.

FYI best time to go is a weekday right when they open. While the parking lot had about four cars in it already when I arrived it was nice and calm in the store.
    Just curious how much you got it for.
    There are some great deals on new ones plus the $75 rebate S&W is running on these.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. S View Post
    Just curious how much you got it for.
    There are some great deals on new ones plus the $75 rebate S&W is running on these.
    Your right there are deals, great deals on new ones. Mine came with four mags. When taking that into account I came out better then buying everything brand new.

(Indiana County)

Your right there are deals, great deals on new ones. Mine came with four mags. When taking that into account I came out better then buying everything brand new.
    $255 for a new one plus two mags after rebates, so you must have gotten a screamin' deal, congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post
    $255 for a new one plus two mags after rebates, so you must have gotten a screaming' deal, congrats!
    It also came with a holster that from a little research is worth roughly around $55.

I came out of the shop happy.
    Last edited by PA1936MN; May 22nd, 2017 at 03:24 AM.

Looks like Trop Gun and Vigillance Tactical have parted ways.
    Yep and now they own the website, equipment, etc. Doesn't help those of us that Vigilance screwed over, however.

(Lancaster County)

It is a shame how the store is a mere shadow of what it was only 3 years ago. The armory section is nicely presented though. Reloading section is maybe 1/3 of what it was.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    It is a shame how the store is a mere shadow of what it was only 3 years ago. The armory section is nicely presented though. Reloading section is maybe 1/3 of what it was.
    I've noticed that too. Lots of empty gun racks and a major reduction in inventory on the floor. I noticed prices have been slowly rising as well.

(Berks County)

Wow, haven't been there in maybe 2 years. What happened? Trop, correct?
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by ethangsmith View Post
    I've noticed that too. Lots of empty gun racks and a major reduction in inventory on the floor. I noticed prices have been slowly rising as well.
    That's a shame. I didn't get there much but I liked the "modern" gunshop. I hope this doesn't foretell new Holland sportsmans future

Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast