Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Trop Gun

(Berks County)

Default Re: Trop Gun

Hmm, haven't been there is maybe 8 months. Maybe I'm not missing much? They seem to have jacked up 22LR prices, that's bad but I have plenty.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

It's always worth a trip IMO. You never know what you'll find and you may get there and they have a deal on something you need or want. Maybe not but you never know till you look yourself. And just because one person or two people say they have jacked their prices up doesn't mean it isn't a ok price for someone else.

Southern South Western South Eastern York county, Pennsylvania

Open question to Tropgun.....Why have you raised your dealer transfer price from 19.99 to 25.00 to now 40.00?

Every internet transfer that you have done for me in the past few years is something that you couldn't or wouldn't get in stock in your store. If it was a new gun, I always called and asked if you had it in stock or could special order. I like oddball things so you normally said no. Other than those and used guns, I have always purchased from your store stock.

I understand that you want to encourage folks to buy from your inventory, and that you cant keep the doors open just doing transfers, however keep in mind that the transfer gets me in the store buying ammo and magazines and whatever other shiny things i see while I wait for a counter person and a NICS check.

(Lancaster County)

Most importantly, THANK YOU for your business and continued support! The reason for our transfer prices going up is related to the amount of back end paperwork and staff work that is required to complete this type of transaction. Even at the current cost, we are one of the most competitively priced locations that offer Dealer transfers, many of our competitors simply will not do them at all. Unfortunately some dealers don't make the process easy and the additional labor to track down, correct and process these types of transfers was becoming cumbersome.

Our person to person transfers are still only $24.99. Thanks again for your patronage, we hope to continue to give you ample reasons to come in and shop with us.

Southern South Western South Eastern York county, Pennsylvania

Understood.

The problem is I'm from southern York county and the $20 fee was a good reason to make the drive. At $40, its not worth the time to drive over there to save at most $5 over the local shops. That means everything else I spend that day is going to the local shop instead of you.

One question...If I were to order a few lowers, is the $40 fee per firearm transferred, or per 4473 form filled out? Unless you have nice cheap lowers in stock...

Thanks
    Last edited by jesemd; September 27th, 2016 at 11:00 PM.

(Lancaster County)

We have SAA lowers for $69.99 right now!

Looks like Trop Gun and Vigillance Tactical have parted ways.

(Lancaster County)

I received an email early in the week for a weekend magazine blowout. Glock 23 and Kimber compact 1911 mags for 9.99! The days of the sale were Fri, Sat and Sun. Limited to in stock inventory while supplies last. I got there Saturday at 1230 and surprise surprise they're out of both. I was planning to pick up some ammo too but left with nothing. Their mag sale succeeded in getting me into the store but the typical door buster style tactic didn't work at separating me from my money.

The sale was advertised for a total of twenty six store hours. I was there midway between the twelfth and thirteenth hour and stock was already depleted. More turnout than anticipated or just a tactic to get people into the store? I enjoy the place but don't plan to take their flyers too seriously anymore. Again, the small print was there -limited to in store inventory while supplies- last but based on the comments of others near the mag rack and walking out the store, many people were much more upset than I was.
    Last edited by bripro; April 9th, 2017 at 01:49 PM.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by jesemd View Post
    Understood.

The problem is I'm from southern York county and the $20 fee was a good reason to make the drive. At $40, its not worth the time to drive over there to save at most $5 over the local shops. That means everything else I spend that day is going to the local shop instead of you.

One question...If I were to order a few lowers, is the $40 fee per firearm transferred, or per 4473 form filled out? Unless you have nice cheap lowers in stock...

Thanks
    I notice the question about the transfer cost was not answered.

Does anyone have the answer for the members who may in the future want to have this service done here?

(Lancaster County)

bripro Sorry you weren't able to score any of the Glock or Kimber magazines, we knew they would go quickly. I can however assure you that there was evil plan at work, we had a great buy on those mags and passed on the savings. It is sometimes tough to gauge the level of excitement for items like this. To put it in context, we had more Glock 23 magazines in-stock for this sale than we have sold in the last 3 years! On the Kimber magazines, we had more than double our annual sales volume on hand for the sale. I realize this doesn't help those that were disappointed they didn't get the deals. Hopefully you will continue to shop with us, we appreciate your business!

Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast