Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Trop Gun

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Trop Gun

We stopped at Trop and asked a gentlemen that works there if we bought something off the website if we could pick it up in the store. He said no, unless it is something you won on one of the auction sites that Trop uses. We also asked him about the drop shipping and he said he had no idea that he only works the floor.
    To set the record straight. Someone accused me of working for Lanco and having a friend help complain about Trop on the forum. No, I have nothing to do with Lanco. They are good guys. I was there one day and a few customers were bashing Trop and no one that worked there said a single bad thing. They actually told the one guy he could get cheaper 5.56 ammo at Trop.
    I agree with with someone else wrote about some of the people that work there look beat down. My problem with Trop isnt the people, Yes there are a few that work there I try not to deal with but the rest are good people. My nephew is a Trop fan and he always talks highly of some of the employees. He was there a few days ago and he also said they were low or out of several things. Like I have said, the owners are the problem. I know they need to make money but when things are mellow with no panic going on, most of Trops business will come from us locals who hunt, shoot and buy guns for fun. That is why it stinks for Trop to sell things on their website that the locals cant buy and pick up. Yes , we could have it shipped but with the cost of shipping it may be cheaper to buy somewhere else.

(Tioga County)

It's no different than Palmetto State Armory. I've been to their "compound" in South Carolina. The online sales folks have got their own warehouse and employees and do their own thing. The retail store and range has their buildings and employees.

I can see where meshing both businesses would be chaos.

It would be nice if one could pick up an online order but then remember that takes another stream of employees to accommodate that, take payment, make sure the person gets the right order, etc.

A lot of people knock business and usually they are the folks that have never been in business for themselves and have no idea what's going on in the background and what it might take to do things.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by sdeen View Post
    We stopped at Trop and asked a gentlemen that works there if we bought something off the website if we could pick it up in the store. He said no, unless it is something you won on one of the auction sites that Trop uses. We also asked him about the drop shipping and he said he had no idea that he only works the floor.
    To set the record straight. Someone accused me of working for Lanco and having a friend help complain about Trop on the forum. No, I have nothing to do with Lanco. They are good guys. I was there one day and a few customers were bashing Trop and no one that worked there said a single bad thing. They actually told the one guy he could get cheaper 5.56 ammo at Trop.
    I agree with with someone else wrote about some of the people that work there look beat down. My problem with Trop isnt the people, Yes there are a few that work there I try not to deal with but the rest are good people. My nephew is a Trop fan and he always talks highly of some of the employees. He was there a few days ago and he also said they were low or out of several things. Like I have said, the owners are the problem. I know they need to make money but when things are mellow with no panic going on, most of Trops business will come from us locals who hunt, shoot and buy guns for fun. That is why it stinks for Trop to sell things on their website that the locals cant buy and pick up. Yes , we could have it shipped but with the cost of shipping it may be cheaper to buy somewhere else.
    You should start your own blog to rag on Trop. Seems like everything for you they do is wrong, so sounds like you need to move on with your life and find happiness with another vendor. I think we've got your point by now.

(Lancaster County)

It comes off as petty concerning buying online and shipping versus picking up in store. The reasoning of " You didn't build that " is also familiar and petty.

They offer online deals, have a nice and well stocked store, a range and cigars if you are into that kind of thing. They built it. Maybe it would be better for gun owners if they didn't? Less choices,options and experiences.

A shop close to me is apparently going to borrow from Trop's success and do something similar with a new location. I haven't much praise for them but I'll be there when they open and hope for their success. I've complained about their prices but they get business from me on other things. I also don't have a vendetta against them. I'm free to purchase where I choose and they get what prices they ask. They're happy and I'm happy. They owe me nothing

(Lancaster County)

Got a great deal there today w/ fast and friendly service. It's always nice to see friends there.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Lancaster County)

Picked up a Kahr CW380 there yesterday. Service was top notch and I was very happy with the price of $229.99 for one that is NIB.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    They owe me nothing
    We have a lot of people walking around today with an entitlement attitude. Fortunately in my business endeavors I never ran into too many of these people but did find a few that think because they spent $10 with you they now own your time and are now your boss.

I don't get emotionally involved in businesses. If they provide the good or service I want at the price I want, I buy, if not I don't take it as a personal attack on me. My local gun store often will not order the things I request or stock items I want. I don't come online and write long winded teary eyed posts about it, I just move on with my life and find those things elsewhere.

(Lancaster County)

I must say it is amusing to see how Stan (SDEEN) get under peoples skin about Trop. His nephew shops there alot and he rides his ass hard about it. Stan was good friends with Jimmy, (not gonna use his last name) a guy that used to work for Trop and left on not so nice terms. That is some of his problem. As far as most of it he just doesn't like the owners. He will give me crap about writing this I am sure. If Trop closed tomorrow or made a billion wouldnt make a difference to me, I buy 98 percent of my guns and ammo online. The one thing I do agree with him on is selling things cheaper online then in the store thn not allowing people to buy online and pick it up in store is crappy. I have only seen this with the AE 9mm at 10.99 online but 11.49 in store. Again, I dont care too much either way. Have fun arguing your opinions!

(Allegheny County)

Anyone willing to send me 5, 10, or 15 50 cal ammo cans for only $13.99 each at only $9.99 shipping to Pittsburgh is OK with me.

If I hadn't blown so much money already I would have done just that.
    (They only had 11 this morning and only 4 left now)
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Dauphin County)

I wish Trop would open up special orders. I wanted to get a P226 TacOps after I rented the one they had at the range, but they didn't have one and had no idea when they would get one. It was a double bummer since that purchase would have bumped me up for $20 or so back in their loyalty card program.

I went home and stopped at Staudt's, and they ordered it for me, no problem.

Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast