Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Trop Gun

Default Re: Trop Gun

I was kind of disappointed the other day with Trop. I called to see if they had a certain firearm in stock. They did not. However that isn't what has me disappointed. What has me disappointed is when I asked if they could quote a price to have one come in they couldn't do it. I'd prefer to buy local instead of having to buy online and have to do a transfer.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by PA1936MN View Post
    I was kind of disappointed the other day with Trop. I called to see if they had a certain firearm in stock. They did not. However that isn't what has me disappointed. What has me disappointed is when I asked if they could quote a price to have one come in they couldn't do it. I'd prefer to buy local instead of having to buy online and have to do a transfer.
    I have had similar issues with Shydas. 2 of the biggest small business gun shops in the area and they can not tell you or some times even get a firearm you are looking for. Unreal

(Lancaster County)

I've become increasingly discontent with Trop. Note I use the word "discontent" and not frustrated, mad, or upset- I'm none of those. I feel a bit let down recently. A few weeks ago, I noticed a sign on the gun counter noting that they no longer did special orders. Yesterday, I noticed that there were quite a few large open areas on the gun shelves. I won't make any assumptions or pass judgements, but I wonder why these two situations occurred. They were also almost totally out of FMJ 9mm- something that seems to be very easily had these days. I understand they've become very popular and there's certainly a learning curve with this new building and system of doing business, but I feel sort of bummed out often when I look on the ammo shelves and in the gun racks. Another thing that I do think is a pressing issue for them is getting more help. A few weeks ago, I stopped by to look at a pistol and the employee behind the counter apologized for his lack of enthusiasm because he had worked over two weeks straight on extended hours. That's the #1 thing that has stood out to me is how fatigued the staff is. They still maintain a good level of professionalism, but you can very easily see they are worn out and overworked. If special orders were allowed, ammo was in better stock, and the staff was the fun and energetic lot that was at the old store, I would be much happier and comfortable shopping there. This isn't by any means a slam on Trop. It's still a good store, but there are some small thing that could make it a great store!

(Lancaster County)

I'm pretty disappointed after going there today. No CCI Small Pistol primers on the shelf. When I mentioned to the cashier they showed in-stock on the website she said, "sorry, they are a separate inventory".

I'm done.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by slickracer View Post
    I'm pretty disappointed after going there today. No CCI Small Pistol primers on the shelf. When I mentioned to the cashier they showed in-stock on the website she said, "sorry, they are a separate inventory".

I'm done.
    You'll still be popping in here to share your disappointment with Trop though I hope.

(Lancaster County)

We are back to the question of does Trop drop ship or not. If they dont, why cant the locals that paid for that new building buy online and pick up in the store? Even if theydo drop ship why couldnt they do a site to store type thing to get things for the local customers. We have asked several times if Trop drop ships. Phil from Trop has commented on things a few times here on the forum. I know 2 people that had things shipped from Trop when they did the free shipping and the senders address was Trops physical address. Lets ask one more time. Trop, do you drop ship any or all items that are bought from your web store?

(York County)

Was up Saturday and purchased a new firearm from Trop. Other than the ludicrous wait time, it was, as always, a good experience. Will keep going back.

(Lancaster County)

I was disappointed. I think they stopped selling Safariland QLS receiver plates and forks. They have the els but not qls. I need more plates to accept my holster

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    I was disappointed. I think they stopped selling Safariland QLS receiver plates and forks. They have the els but not qls. I need more plates to accept my holster
    Did you ask a sales person? Or if your talking online did you call the store and ask anyone?

You think they stopped selling these items... However you don't know and didn't care to get an answer.

I called about my issue and got an answer, may not have been what I wanted but it was an answer nonetheless.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by PA1936MN View Post
    Did you ask a sales person? Or if your talking online did you call the store and ask anyone?

You think they stopped selling these items... However you don't know and didn't care to get an answer.

I called about my issue and got an answer, may not have been what I wanted but it was an answer nonetheless.
    Whoa relax. I said I was disappointed not Trop sucks. You are correct I did not ask, I assumed. The rack was empty of all QLS and it appeared to me that it was being phased out. I'm a fan not a basher

Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast