Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Trop Gun

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Trop Gun

Backwoods in columbia. I thought it was a mistake but I asked Tom and he said that was the right price.

Backwoods has been getting my business since I stopped going to Trop. Prices are always about the lowest around on firearms, and Tom was selling ammo and guns at pre-panic prices even after the panic. If you haven't stopped in at Backwoods yet I'd highly recommend stopping in a talking to them. A very good bunch of guys.
    “A Republic, if you can keep it.” - Benjamin Franklin

(Lancaster County)

You are right about backwoods, they don't get much 9mm or 22lr but when they have had it it was the same price as pre panic. If a small shop like that can keep there prices down you know a shop like trop that has 10 times the distributors could do the same. They are working on getting me a cz p-01.

(Lancaster County)

Where can you find bricks of .22lr at?

(Lancaster County)

I like Backwoods and I like Trop. Trop by location alone can charge more just by number of customers coming through the door.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by staylo View Post
    My complaint with them was when the shelves were empty every day by lunchtime with a 1 box limit to local customers, and they were selling full cases online to non-local bidders. I stopped there multiple times and left empty handed because the day's 'allotment' had been sold already. If they now have ammo on the shelves and are selling online I can't complain about that, but the OP said they don't have any on the shelves again so I'm going by his word. I stopped shopping at Trop because I was sick of going to look at empty shelves with 1 box limit tags hanging on them while cases were on auction on GB to people who will probably never set foot in the store, so I can no longer speak to what they have on the shelf.
    I am not quite sure when you were there, but Trop has been extremely well-stocked since I started going there some 4-5 months ago. They've had a reasonable limit (3 boxes per caliber per customer per day) since then as well. Just two weeks ago, they had bulk cases of 9 and 45 in the shop.

It's really unfair to blame them for doing some online business as well- if someone is willing to pay twice as much online, it would be silly not to sell some stuff online as well. Anything they sell online you can buy at the store for less.

Their prices have been fair, their stock has been head and shoulders above anyone else, and their service is great. Maybe I am missing something that was happening before I discovered them, but all the criticism in this thread has been very unfair.

(Lancaster County)

I don't know if anyone from Trop still comes by but I was wondering if they have the Tekut fixed blade knife

(Chester County)

Was in Trop for the first time last week on a detour home from Hburg. Found a M&P9 CORE 5" that I've been looking for for a long time. While waiting on PICS, I strolled over to the ammo and snagged a couple of boxes of 9mm for $16, and it was 124gr. You're hard pressed to find any 9mm, online or in-store for less than $18-20/box these days, so I see that as trying to take care of their local buyers. They had defensive ammo as well, which you also are hard pressed to find and IIRC it was priced reasonably.

If they can get top dollar by selling a portion of their inventory (they're apparently not selling it all) online then it's good thing. That extra revenue rolls back into the shop and lets them keep in-store prices down on anything/everything. They're not an outdoor megastore and the fact that they're expanding to another location should be a good thing for those local. I got friendly service from everyone, including the cuties at the register. The gun was a reasonable price as well, which they could easily have jacked up some as it's a hard-to-find model. I wouldn't hesitate to give them any future business.

I have never walked into Trop's and not found 9mm ammo for sale. They always have the plastic ammo boxes with 300 rounds for $99.99 which is very decent. They also have a good selection of .40 S&W on hand as well as .45.

The only thing I wish is that they stocked more .38 Special as they do seem to run out quickly. They have a great customer service, good prices and knowledgeable sales staff. I will continue to shop at Trops because of their prices and selection. I could care less what they charge for their goods at Gun Brokers.

I live close enough to Trops to buy from them in person, and I will continue to do so. How many other gun shops are there that charge more for their goods online than in their store? And how many people are able to take advantage of the good prices in store and not have to pay the prices online?

It's just the luck of the draw. And in the end, everything evens itself out. If it's not ammo, it's someone living in Montana buying a truck at a terrific price from a local dealer which I can't easily take advatange of.

(Lancaster County)

They always have the plastic ammo boxes with 300 rounds for $99.99 which is very decent.
    I don't know what Trop you are going to but it's not the one in Elizabethtown because in the past 6 months I have seen 9mm in the plastic ammo boxes maybe twice. I'm a regular there, stop in several times a week. Yes, they usually have 9mm on the shelf, but the bulk packs have mainly been .40, .45acp, 223 and 308.

I was just there 30 minutes ago and there weren't any 9mm bulk packs.....

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast