Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Trop Gun

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Trop Gun

Quote Originally Posted by sigarms229 View Post
    Went in this afternoon and took their range safety class. Class was very good and presented in a professional manner. After the class we were given a tour of the range facilities and all I can say is "wow". Range looks amazing.

Can't wait to shoot on it....
    Did Trop inform you of the range fees? I would be interested in what fees will be charged, thanks.

(Lancaster County)

Did Trop inform you of the range fees? I would be interested in what fees will be charged, thanks.
    Nope. Fee's haven't been released yet. I can tell you they will be more than $10 an hour as I received an invite to try out the range before it's official opening. I was quoted an "introductory" rate of $10 for 1 hr.

There will be restrictions on caliber and types of ammo. Reloaded ammo is ok in your own guns but rental guns will require purchase of ammo from them.

If you have any interest in shooting at this facility, then I highly suggest you get over there before they close Saturday night and take the range course. I received some info that after Jan 12th the range safety briefings will only run on Monday, Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday.

This is by far the nicest indoor range I have ever seen.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by sigarms229 View Post
    Nope. Fee's haven't been released yet. I can tell you they will be more than $10 an hour as I received an invite to try out the range before it's official opening. I was quoted an "introductory" rate of $10 for 1 hr.

There will be restrictions on caliber and types of ammo. Reloaded ammo is ok in your own guns but rental guns will require purchase of ammo from them.

If you have any interest in shooting at this facility, then I highly suggest you get over there before they close Saturday night and take the range course. I received some info that after Jan 12th the range safety briefings will only run on Monday, Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday.

This is by far the nicest indoor range I have ever seen.
    Thanks for info. I suspected price would be steep, as I believe, indoor ranges are expensive to build and operate especially with good lead removal system. I will probably try out once or twice and then just when I want to rent a gun to try out before I buy.

(Lancaster County)

I suspected price would be steep,
    Even though I don't know the final pricing yet, I will tell you that more than $10 an hour is inline with other quality ranges.

Freedom Armory charges $12.50 for a HALF hour for pistol range time PLUS there is a yearly membership fee to pay.

Last year I was introduced to a place down by Chambersburg which was a dump by anyone's standards. I would much rather pay Trop $20 an hour than pay the dump $5 an hour....
    Last edited by sigarms229; January 10th, 2014 at 09:36 AM.

(Chester County)

I don't think $10/hour is out of line for indoor range time. French Creek in Phoenixville charges $12/hour.

Thank you Trop for another great gun purchasing experience.

Tonight I went into their new shop for the first time. Wow much improved over the old place. Their selection is top notch to boot.

I was looking for a particular Glock. New carry gun. I didn't see it in the case. But I knew they had it because I had called before.

After taking a number and yes waiting upwards of an hour it was my turn! A nice gentleman waited on me and after holding the gun in question I said I wanted to purchase it. Paperwork filled out and background check started. While others background checks were taking upwards of an hour plus mine went through in under 10 minutes.

Very pleasant atmosphere and lots of eye candy to look at. Very pleased and impressed. This is the fourth gun I've purchased fom them.

Ammo pricing was fair. With my purchase I got two hours of free range time. Will be using that for sure!

(Lebanon County)

I was in Trop for the first time last night. Pretty sweet place. Looked to have a good selection of guns and ammo as well as mags, holsters, clothing etc. People were nice and thought the ammo I bought was fairly priced. Will be sure to stop by again.
    WE ARE...PENN STATE!!

(Montgomery County)

Any one that doesn't give this shop a 5 Star rating is either crazy or has a chip on their shoulder . It's the first I've been back there since the first week they opened and "FREAKIN WOW " . If you haven't been there ...go!

Two honorable mentions;
    Brand new stripped aluminum AR receivers made by Anderson of KY for
    $59.95 (they have the DIAS side wall).

A $30. BlackHawk brass pick up/shoulder bag with 500 pieces of 45ACP
    brass for $49.95 ( other calibers available for different prices)

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by GLOCK 357 View Post
    Any one that doesn't give this shop a 5 Star rating is either crazy or has a chip on their shoulder
    I agree there personal have always been courteous.
    The inventory only gets better with additional product lines. I am very glad to see they picked up the full Dillon line or close to it.

(York County)

I just stopped in a couple of hours ago. No, there wasn't any 22LR but I did get 2 bricks of primers and a couple of boxes of 16ga shot shells so it was a good deal. The place was packed with people in line (with numbers) for gun sales.

Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast