Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Centre County)

Question Obscure Rifle/Shotgun Identification (Old, "LZarina")

Well guys, I have no idea what to say about this rifle, so I'll just go right into it. I received it from an older gentleman who typed this about it: "This weapon was purchased appriximately 1951-52 while [someone] was stationed in the army in SOuth America. The gun has never been fired. . .The only information I have on this gun is attched to the trigger guard by the manufacturer. The only marking I could find on the gun was as follows: [see picture] LZarina #5588."

The gun is light, even fake feeling. The only reason I have to believe it is real are some of the functional parts, and a rough translation of the tag (written in a South American language). They translate the following (Google translate):
    this shotgun and manufactured with materials otimos. But, however good the material used, the weapon will be able not resist, since it will not be taken the following precautions: a.) Employing only ordinary black gunpowder in load does not exceed 2 grams. b.) not put together a load of lead, projetilou Any extra oatro foreign body. c). Becoming buchapafp to avoid getting space between it and the load lead. d.) Verficar whenever making use of the shotgun, the barrel is not prohibited by this land. cloth or any other material. and.) Thoroughly clean the barrel, all the time that you used the weapon.
    The other side of that tag is pictured. By the wording of the tag, it would seem that the rifle is indeed real, but unfortunately, it looks as if someone screwed in non-factory (and terrible looking) screws into the rifle in certain places. I know nothing about rifles (or "shotgun"s) like this, so any information is much appreciated! Please identify this rifle! I can take specific pictures by request.

1.4.jpg

2.4.jpg

3.4.jpg

4.4.jpg

5.4.jpg
    Hunting is NOT a 2nd Amendment Activity

(Centre County)

Question Re: Obscure Rifle/Shotgun Identification (Old, "LZarina")

Here's a few I couldn't fit in the first post. One's a little blurry, sorry.

7.4.jpg

8.4.jpg

6.4.jpg
    Last edited by StingyGunner; July 13th, 2013 at 01:24 PM.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Obscure Rifle/Shotgun Identification (Old, "LZarina")

Two grams of powder is only 30 grains......a very light load.

Coupled with the part about NO lead projectile and "barrel is not prohibited by this land. cloth or any other material (no wadding of any kind?) I would guess it is just a blank noise maker.

Even then I would have to think a lot before shooting it.

(Schuylkill County)

I believe it is just a realistic toy gun. I have seen some of these but never in this nice a condition and with tags. Most people seem to think they are a real gun but you would be real sorry if you ever attempted to fire a projectile out of one. The ones I handled were made of cheap pot metal and would just crumble in your hands. I have no clue what it would be worth.

Edit: I'll see if my dad still has one and post pics if he does. It was in sad shape last time I handled it.
    Last edited by eyecanshoot; July 13th, 2013 at 01:34 PM.

(Bucks County)

Ps....Amadeo Rossi is the founder of Rossi.

(Centre County)

The thing that gets me is that there seems to be no similar rifles anywhere on google. Lots of .38 pistols though.

(Schuylkill County)

The barrel does seem much thicker than the toys/replicas I have seen. Sorry I missed the second batch of pictures. Might be made in Spain and just imported to South America.

(Bucks County)

From the Portuguese dictionary material "otimo" means superior or first rate (or spanking). Did you run the translation through a Spanish or Portuguese translator....They speak Portugese there.

With the hang tag I would doubt its Italian. Rossi is a well known firearms company. They probably made it themselves.

(Centre County)

Actually, the man I got the rifle from translated the tag before I did, and yes, he did translate "otimo" as "the finest." I re-translated it as I assumed he couldn't read some of the small print on the tag. This gun really puzzles me...

Try Googling "lazarino" instead of "lazarina".
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast