Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: S&W 19-5's

(Cumberland County)

Default S&W 19-5's

Top Gun Supply has used 19-5's Police Trade in's for $349 and $369 ( Pachmayr or wood grips ). They say fair condition, mostly because of wear. Seems "decent".
    4" barrels. Might add a wood grip one to have along with the 2" I already have If it's just finish wear, I think my Oxpho would clean it up nicely.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Bucks County)

Default Re: S&W 19-5's

I will add a S&W model 19 to the collection one day, but it will be P&R'd, bluing will be fanominal and action must be tight as drum...otherwise..forget it. I will only buy 38spl police trade-ins, like my model 64-3 and 10-5, and 300 is the max I will pay for those.

Default Re: S&W 19-5's

To anyone who is interested in these, but unsure about the wear, I picked up a police trade in Model 10 earlier this year from buds. The finish is in horrible condition, but the trigger is fantastic, lock up is good, and its very accurate, it has become one of if not my favorite revolver. I guess the moral of my story is don't shy away simply because of the finish, you'll probably end up with a really good shooter. Also, it is my personal opinion that a 4" K frame revolver is as close to perfect as you will ever get as far as size and fit.