Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Tioga County)

Default Re: Calling all Vets! Military concealed carry exemption.

Sir,

Thank you for you service. As a military retiree. I spent half on my 20 as a Master at Arms as a secondary function most of which was before they decided to make it a rate within itself. Rarely did my duties require me to be armed. But other duties required my to qual with all small arms where I was stationed. Including the M1919 and Ma Deuce. None of this would do anything for me should such a law pass. None the less, I agree that such a law wouldn't be fair. Then again the law is rarely fair anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
    Sorry, as a veteran I do NOT support this notion. The LEOSA only creates a group of private citizens who have a right that the Constitution supposedly guarantees to all of us, but which is denied to all of us except those who are more equal than the rest of us. Your proposal would just add more people to the privileged class, while doing nothing to support actually making the Constitution apply as it should -- to ALL of us, in ALL of the states.

I'm a senior citizen and a Vietnam veteran. I was discharged from active duty in 1968, so I've been a "civilian" for 45 years. My brother is two years younger and didn't serve due to a heart condition. Is there ANY way it could possibly be fair that I would be allowed to carry a handgun in all states, and he would not? If you think that might be fair, please explain how, 'cause I ain't seein' it.
    USNRET '61-'81

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carnes View Post
    I'm a vet, and if Constitutional carry is good enough for vets and cops, it is good enough for all citizens.

It is a privilege to serve, not service to gain privilege.
    Well said, rep inbound.

(Lehigh County)

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others"
    Yeah, this sums it up.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carnes View Post
    I'm a vet, and if Constitutional carry is good enough for vets and cops, it is good enough for all citizens.

It is a privilege to serve, not service to gain privilege.

+1, must spread rep.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by ace88 View Post
    After talking with a LEO buddy of mine we got on the subject of the LEOSA (Law Enforcement Safety ACT) which entitles all current and retired sworn officers 50 state CCW. My question was has there ever been a push to to grant the same rights to current and former service members, whether on the national or state level? As a current service member I think those laws should be extended to those who have served our great country honorably. Active duty members who travel state to state on frequently and would benefit greatly from such provision. To my knowledge the only state that has an exemption for military members is GA. I would love to see it extended to our state and ultimately nationwide. If anyone else supports the idea please contact your respective senators.
    LEOSA only covers "qualified" active and retired officers. You must meet the requirements as laid out in LEOSA. If the officers department refuses to issue him a retired ID card, guess what? He's screwed. No LEOSA for him. LEOSA is not an automatic perk.

LEOSA also requires qualification every year. Many people do not want to even hear about that requirement for LTCF purposes. Are you going to be willing to pay $50-$100 every year to quality? LEOSA does not set a fee, approved instructors can set whatever fee the market will accept.

2)

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve in PA View Post
    LEOSA only covers "qualified" active and retired officers. You must meet the requirements as laid out in LEOSA. If the officers department refuses to issue him a retired ID card, guess what? He's screwed. No LEOSA for him. LEOSA is not an automatic perk.

LEOSA also requires qualification every year. Many people do not want to even hear about that requirement for LTCF purposes. Are you going to be willing to pay $50-$100 every year to quality? LEOSA does not set a fee, approved instructors can set whatever fee the market will accept.

2)
    Constitutional concealed carry? (that is what it grants you, right? I'm not LEO, so it really doesn't impact me)

Even in NYC and the Jersey shore? I'd pay $100/year.

(Lancaster County)

As much as I respect the military, in my opinion this is no different than the proposed exemption for members of congress. We should all be equal .

(Philadelphia County)

^ agree with above. Your service is appreciated, but it should not grant you special privileges.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by cdi
    How about if we simply follow the 2nd amendment?
    That way, we ALL would be able to exercise our enumerated rights -not just the retired flatfoot or princely veteran.
    Watch it with the 'princely' shit, guy.

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android
    Popichak is probably trolling this for his next story...

(Monroe County)

This is a big pipe dream, no military commander worth their ranks wants off duty troops carrying weapons. This is a non issue and should not be allowed for Military veterans over citizen rights. LEOSA is not honored everywhere anyway for cops so it is just another pipe dream, a special entitlement pipe dream non the less.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast