Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default 2013-14 Doe license

Just a reminder to all the hunters out there:

-- The first round of doe license applications will begin to be accepted by County Treasurers this coming Monday (7/8/12).

I just got back from placing my application in the mailbox with a 2pm pickup. It should be at the Allegheny County Courthouse first thing Monday morning.

Best of luck to all my fellow hunters!

If gun control worked, Chicago would be like Mayberry, instead of Thunderdome.

(York County)

Default Re: 2013-14 Doe license

Thanks for the heads up ettorment1916.

I Got mine into the post office today.

Good luck to you too.
    Every day's a Saturday

(Somerset County)

I'll drop mine in the mail tomorrow or Monday, I'm applying for 2E which doesn't sell out in the first round so no hurry.

Dale

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by dk99358 View Post
    I'll drop mine in the mail tomorrow or Monday, I'm applying for 2E which doesn't sell out in the first round so no hurry.
    My 1st application is always for 2C, out where I grew up. Licenses always sellout there and this year the total has been lowered to 43k, so I really wanted to make sure I got mine in asap. Normally I'll mail it Sunday or Monday also.

After the 1st round of applications, I then apply for my 2B license. 2B never sells out and you can buy as many as you can afford. No time frame management for WMU 2B.

(Butler County)

Are those of you getting 2B licenses doing archery or shotgun slugs? Or perhaps avoiding Allegheny Co. altogether since some of 2B is outside of it? I've been thinking about doing slugs in 2B and getting the requisite permit in the second round, but I can't decide if I want to spent the $$ on the necessary sight upgrade on my shotgun.
    The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names.

(Allegheny County)

I was awarded my doe license for the application placed in the mail on Saturday.

The turnaround this year in being awarded the license was very fast (). In prior years it would take a week or so to post online for me.

Here's the link if you'd like to check the status of your doe (or elk) application:
    https://www2.pa.wildlifelicense.com/start.php

Quote Originally Posted by Argentum View Post
    Are those of you getting 2B licenses doing archery or shotgun slugs? Or perhaps avoiding Allegheny Co. altogether since some of 2B is outside of it? I've been thinking about doing slugs in 2B and getting the requisite permit in the second round, but I can't decide if I want to spent the $$ on the necessary sight upgrade on my shotgun.
    I normally would hunt archery (2B), regular season firearms (2C) then late season firearms (2B-Southern Butler County). But unfortunately the late season firearms season has been limited to ONLY Allegheny County starting this season....DAMN!

My solution to the above:
    Buy and use a Savage 220 in Allegheny County.

Savage 220 = highly regarded bolt action 20 gauge that with the proper sabot will shoot very accurately out to 150-200 yards. Its basically a rifled-barrel slug gun that performs in many ways like a rifle and is completely legal in 2B.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by ettorment1916 View Post
    I was awarded my doe license for the application placed in the mail on Saturday.

The turnaround this year in being awarded the license was very fast (). In prior years it would take a week or so to post online for me.

Here's the link if you'd like to check the status of your doe (or elk) application:
    https://www2.pa.wildlifelicense.com/start.php

I normally would hunt archery (2B), regular season firearms (2C) then late season firearms (2B-Southern Butler County). But unfortunately the late season firearms season has been limited to ONLY Allegheny County starting this season....DAMN!

My solution to the above:
    Buy and use a Savage 220 in Allegheny County.

Savage 220 = highly regarded bolt action 20 gauge that with the proper sabot will shoot very accurately out to 150-200 yards. Its basically a rifled-barrel slug gun that performs in many ways like a rifle and is completely legal in 2B.
    Yea it is mostly upstate tho..the 2 WMU...i submitted mine on sunday and haven't gotten rewarded mine yet for 4D, and it says they already awarded 3,000 or so.

(Monroe County)

Just dropped mine in the box today. Yeah I'm a bit slow. But 3D didn't sell out last year by the end of the season. I'll remember to get my second one out in the mail on time tho
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

Was awarded my 2h (former 2g) tag.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Bucks County)

Mine went out for 4c Saturday. I don't expect any issues getting one the first round. I would like one for the second round though. I've got a lot of hunting planned for this year.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast