Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Lion

(York County)

Default Re: Red Lion

Quote Originally Posted by r horn View Post
    I had to jump to Afghanistan for a quick trip look forward to getting together
    Afghanistan?
    "A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington (January 17th, 1790)
    Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office!
    ..: TO SERVE AND PROTECT! Positive Stories :..

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by vpnavy View Post
    Afghanistan?

Got home yesterday about noon dragging @$$ now. Spent most of the time at Leatherneck (marine base) and some time in Kandahar. I most likely will have to jump back in mid November for another 3 weeks or so. Typically my trips are short. No long ones since 2006.

I may take some German exchange students shooting this weekend but I told them they have to clear it with the parents and host family's.

(York County)

You sound like a busy man horn. I don't know how ya do it. Just beng a security manager is gonna give me grey hair someday.

(York County)

Well, the wife and I have been making a few rounds. I like finding out where things are, etc. - here are my experiences so far...

1. West York Sporting Goods, LLC - Was looking for an indoor range so decided to shoot out and visit (can't remember if it was Monday or Tuesday morning). Their website says "Please call for hours" but it was a nice day - figured we would just take a chance. Their were cars in the parking lot BUT a sign on the door said something about "bird" was out. We waited a while but it became obvious "bird" wasn't returning soon. They looked open but the door was locked. Next time - we will call first.

2. Tactical Submission LLC - Really got excited about this LGS - they were right down the street! Unfortunately, all I found was an idependently owned "The UPS Store" at that address. Well, I did forget to check on the Suite Number (Suite 215). I contacted them via E-Mail (got a quick response) - they are primarily InterNet but will do firearm transfers, etc.

3. Stony Brook Shooting Supplies Inc. - We did some shopping at Lowe's so figured let's run up the road and visit Stony. I collect antique S&W so always head for the old revolvers first. They had a nice S&W Model 1 2nd Issue but was a little pricey. I didn't look at the other oldies - only interested in S&W. Anyway they had a pretty nice selection of pistols, etc. but very limited on S&W's. I wasn't in the store a few minutes and a staff member asked if he could help me. The store seems very friendly - will visit again for some ammo.

Plan on running over to Laymans Gun Shop and Windsor Fish & Game Association shortly.
    Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office!

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by vpnavy View Post
    Well, the wife and I have been making a few rounds. I like finding out where things are, etc. - here are my experiences so far...

1. West York Sporting Goods, LLC - Was looking for an indoor range so decided to shoot out and visit (can't remember if it was Monday or Tuesday morning). Their website says "Please call for hours" but it was a nice day - figured we would just take a chance. Their were cars in the parking lot BUT a sign on the door said something about "bird" was out. We waited a while but it became obvious "bird" wasn't returning soon. They looked open but the door was locked. Next time - we will call first.

2. Tactical Submission LLC - Really got excited about this LGS - they were right down the street! Unfortunately, all I found was an idependently owned "The UPS Store" at that address. Well, I did forget to check on the Suite Number (Suite 215). I contacted them via E-Mail (got a quick response) - they are primarily InterNet but will do firearm transfers, etc.

3. Stony Brook Shooting Supplies Inc. - We did some shopping at Lowe's so figured let's run up the road and visit Stony. I collect antique S&W so always head for the old revolvers first. They had a nice S&W Model 1 2nd Issue but was a little pricey. I didn't look at the other oldies - only interested in S&W. Anyway they had a pretty nice selection of pistols, etc. but very limited on S&W's. I wasn't in the store a few minutes and a staff member asked if he could help me. The store seems very friendly - will visit again for some ammo.

Plan on running over to Laymans Gun Shop and Windsor Fish & Game Association shortly.
    I am going to take a look at the daughters car this morning and likely head over to Windsor to shoot some later for a little pistol on steel time. I will msg you my number.

Rich

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by r horn View Post
    I am going to take a look at the daughters car this morning and likely head over to Windsor to shoot some later for a little pistol on steel time. I will msg you my number.

Rich
    PAFOA mini meet? Lol.

VP, on some Saturday morning I can point/ show ya to Hakes. Their handgun prices are great.
    Last edited by REBELoffaLEASH; November 10th, 2013 at 11:49 AM.

(York County)

Hey REBELoffaLEASH and r horn - thanks for your kind offers. Honest, not trying to avoid hooking up - just been running in tight circles lately! When the wife takes a breather on one of our runs - I plug in the GPS and run to another LGS (she is too tired to fight me). Just got home from running the wife all over (Kohls, Boscov, Bon-Ton, etc.) gathering up XMas present for the Grandkids. Anyway, we will all have to meet for coffee one morning (my treat). Again - thanks for everyone's kindness...

(York County)

Had a big bag of hard cast 9mm I have been wanting to use up. Spent more time than I planned but went through a lot of 9mm on the dueling tree shooting two hand, strong hand weak hand ect ect. Then swapped in the 22 rim fire plates and shot a bunch of duels with another member.

The 9mm brass from today

(York County)

Outstanding r horn!

(York County)

Red Lion Fire Department is selling raffle tickets for some firearms if my fellow Red Lion folks are interested. $10 a ticket. Theyll be at Lion's Pride resturaunt tomorrow (Sunday) from 0800 - 1200 if anyone wants tickets. Ill be headed over in the morning to get some. The drawing is Thanksgiving morning. Sponsored by Hakes Sporting Goods.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast