Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: .22 pistol

(Northampton County)

Default .22 pistol

So I'm selling my old motorcycle and the wife and I decided with the money we would both get new guns. I want a .22lr pistol. What would you all recommend? Max is $400 with transfer. I'm leaning towards a GSG 1911 right now, I've shot one and it was a blast and my love for 1911's is unmatched as far as pistols go. Anything else you have first hand experience that may sway my decision?
    You may find me dead in a ditch one day. But by God, I'll be lying in a pile of brass.

(Chester County)

Default Re: .22 pistol

I have a Ruger SR22......fun little gun. It comes with 2 10Rd. mags, and two backstraps.

I only run CCI ammo through it, never had a failure with the CCI.

When ammo was short, (as if it still isn't) I ran some Thunderbolts through it, and the lead built up real bad in the barrel. So now I have about 250 Thunderbolts living in the safe. (on the very bottom shelf....last resort ammo)

Quote Originally Posted by JStem1283 View Post
    So I'm selling my old motorcycle and the wife and I decided with the money we would both get new guns. I want a .22lr pistol. What would you all recommend? Max is $400 with transfer. I'm leaning towards a GSG 1911 right now, I've shot one and it was a blast and my love for 1911's is unmatched as far as pistols go. Anything else you have first hand experience that may sway my decision?
    I'm a fan of the Ruger MKII and MKIII. They eat any ammo you put in there, it's a simple and proven design. There is a massive aftermarket for the Rugers. The MKIII 22/45 has the same grip angles and balances as a 1911. Also, you can pick them up in the $300 range (new) if you shop around.
    PAFOA Doctrine - If you don't agree with someone, call them a troll and cry to a mod.

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyishootstuff View Post
    I'm a fan of the Ruger MKII and MKIII. They eat any ammo you put in there, it's a simple and proven design. There is a massive aftermarket for the Rugers. The MKIII 22/45 has the same grip angles and balances as a 1911. Also, you can pick them up in the $300 range (new) if you shop around.
    I'd second the Ruger MK series. Just had my MKII Target model out today and even without practicing with it in the last year, it's still dead on (and with cheapo ammo). It's more accurate than I am, really. Handles and points well, super reliable, very accurate, highly customizable. Plus Ruger's customer service is top notch.

(Northampton County)

Personally, I'm a huge fan of the Browning Buckmark. My .22 pistol experience has only been with my buckmark, and the ruger mk I, II, and III (all great guns too) but I love my buckmark. It's bullseye accurate with whatever .22 ammo I throw into it. At first it preferred the Federal 525 bulk packs, but now eats anything and everything.

Both great .22's but for me personally, the buckmark edges it out.
    "The Earth is for the living." -Thomas Jefferson

(York County)

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...1122tacrk.html

If you love 1911s go for one in .22!

Wide open area. I have a Ruger SR22, a Ruger Mkiii, and an S&W 22p. SR22 purely a little fun gun. My idea of fun is shooting for accuracy and for that the MKiii and S&W 22p are good. Someone mentioned a Buckmark. Heard good things about them.. If I had to have one of the above it would be the MKiii but they are a PITA to clean until you get it down. S&W 22P a piece of cake to clean and as accurate.

If I could get one, I would get the 22 conversion kit for my CZ75 P01. Period.

(Chester County)

The Sig Mosquito has received average grades due to some feed issues and the fact that they will only 'eat' CCI Mini-Mags. I love mine though and have not experienced any problems.

(Westmoreland County)

I have a Browning Buckmark 22-LR pistol. I bought it about 8 years ago NIB and have never looked back. It grips similar to a 1911 and will eat just about any 22 ammo on the market. I use in in the summer for an action pistol shoot where I shoot some rounds between my 45acp and the Buckmark 22. It's been a very reliable 22 semi-auto.

FWIW

Dave

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyishootstuff View Post
    Pretty much sums it up. Never had a problem with the 22/45 MKIII.
    FOAC Member, NRA Member

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast