Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Looking for house to rent where I can shoot

I'm moving in from NY soon to Harrisburg, ( where noc is), but what I need is most likely a small town I never heard of.
    I've been looking at real estate sites and Craig's list.
    Here are mt details. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
    When are you moving? Aug or Sept. 2013
    Have you been here yet? No
    Will you buy or rent? Rent long term single family home ONLY no condo or town home
    How much can you spend? $1400 - 1500 per month w/o utilities.
    Are you married or single? Married
    Do you have children? Not yet
    Do you have pets? Yes
    Do you want or need a yard? Yes
    Are you keeping a car? Yes and require garage.
    3+ bedrooms and 2+ bath
    Do you prefer bustling activity or calm and quiet? Quiet
    Prefer as secluded as possible. Maybe next to woods.
    No more than a 1 hour drive from downtown Harrisburg.
    I WOULD WELCOME IDEAS AS TO SPECIFIC PLACES I COULD SEARCH ON REAL ESTATE FORUMS OR THE NAME OF A GOOD AGENT, SINCE WEI HAVE NEVER BEEN TO THE AREA I DO NOT KNOW WHAT CITIES AND TOWNS THAT MEET MY SPECIFICATIONS. FAMILY IS A MARRIED COUPLE IN THEIR EARLY 30s AND A RETIRED RELATIVE. RELATIVE TRAVELS ALOT. ONE KITCHEN IS FINE, BUT HE NEED SMALL PRIVATE ROOM WITH HIS OWN BATH AND WORK AREA/GARAGE OR WORK AREA TO LIVE IN WHEN HE IS HOME. COUPLE HAS EXCELLENT CREDIT AND TWO ELDERLY DOGS. COUPLES HUSBAND IS EMPLOYED WITH GOOD CREDIT AND BOTH ARE COLLEGE GRADUATE PROFESSIONAL PEOPLE. NOT SECION 8. POSSIBLE COMMUTE TIME COULD BE 1 1/2 HOURS FROM HARRISBURG BUT PREFER NO MORE THAN 1 HOUR. TRAVELING RELATIVE IS A VIETNAM ERA VETERAN WHO IS DISABLED. PLEASE RESPOND VIA THIS FORUM AND I WILL REPLY WITH MY EMAIL ADDRESS.
    Last edited by JayTea; July 4th, 2013 at 12:52 AM.

(York County)

Default Re: Looking for house to rent where I can shoot

Look north and west of Harrisburg, south & east towards York / Lancaster counties is becoming crowded with MD transplants. North the little towns like Marysville, dauphin, Halifax, and Lykins have plenty of open country and mountains. West towards Carlisle, Boiling Springs, Dillsburg & Newville are also more open farmland and very friendly. You shouldn't have trouble finding a place in your price range either. Can't help with a RE agent, but check Craigslist before you arrive, you may find something to look at!

Thank you. I really appreciate your help.

(Dauphin County)

Hi. I can recommend Lykens, Williamstown and Tower City. All old coal towns. Lots of property available. Lots of open area, State Parks, State Game Lands, State Forest, etc in the area. Low crime and taxes. Depending on where you are working in Harrisburg, it may only take you 40 minutes to an hour to commute. Many here do it daily. Much better crime and taxes than anywhere in Harrisburg, or south/west of the city. Half an hour to Hershey, very nice area with the park and many other things to do, and again- without the high taxes of living there. Next to woods is very do=able. Any other questions, please ask, or email me.