Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Obama's speech to college students 7/2/13, Do not celebrate 4th of July

Quote Originally Posted by AK47sForAll View Post
    I just read what the OP posted, didn't look at the actual article. Honestly wouldn't have surprised me if it was true.
    The sad part is that I am surprised that it is satire as opposed to being surprised that's true.
    "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." — Thomas Paine

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Obama's speech to college students 7/2/13, Do not celebrate 4th of July

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    Ya I missed that, oh well can't win them all. As for the part about making Obama look bad, hate to rain on your parade but he does a great job of that himself.
    Admit it man, you were forced to watch MSNBC for an hour.
    Government 99 and 44/100 % pure bullshit.

(Chester County)

Why use made up words when Obama's words and actions will suffice?
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by ATBackpackin View Post
    The sad part is that I am surprised that it is satire as opposed to being surprised that's true.
    Me too, as it's so closely modeled after what he has said already (e.g. "You didn't build that", "I believe in spreading the wealth around" and "We can't turn to the ways of the past") that it's almost entirely indistinguishable from it. It's almost a moot point to make the distinction when you know it's what he really thinks.

OK, here's our homework assignment: Watch him say lots of stuff exactly like this in a speech tomorrow. Take notes and see how much of what he does say mirrors this. Anyone up for this? (If you can actually stand to watch and listen to that scumbag for more than 10 seconds at a time--I for one usually cannot.)
    Last edited by Yellowfin; July 4th, 2013 at 12:22 AM.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Why use made up words when Obama's words and actions will suffice?
    THIS ^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    Ya I missed that, oh well can't win them all. As for the part about making Obama look bad, hate to rain on your parade but he does a great job of that himself.
    that was his point....

Sadly, I would not have been surprised if he said this.
    "The first time any mans freedom is trodden on we're all damaged."JeanLucPicard

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by cigarmanpa View Post
    that was his point....
    Wow, thanks for the neg rep, my bad I didn't see the bottom of the article as I stated. Seems to me you may want to find something important to do with yourself.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by QuackXP View Post
    I was not defending Obama. I was stating that trying to discredit him with fiction was ineffective and foolish.
    So I guess you are against all POLITICAL SATIRE then.... guess you dont read to many papers, view political cartoons or watch tv then.... Oh well, to each their own

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by schr8er2000 View Post
    So I guess you are against all POLITICAL SATIRE then.... guess you dont read to many papers, view political cartoons or watch tv then.... Oh well, to each their own
    As I said I didn't see the satire on bottom yet there seems to be some butt hurt from the obama supporters in the thread, oh well get folks, get over it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast