Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Pike County)

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Giffords in the news again

I do not believe gun control is a major concern to most Americans at the moment. The gun rights advocates had their chance and they lost, plain and simple. Most people are worried about the economy and the Obama administration's violation of privacy and civil rights right now. Additionally, I think the Democrats are going to get crushed in the midterm elections as that will be the time when Obamacare is being implemented and folks this is not going to be pretty.

(Chester County)

She and her husband can get in the irrelevant line right behind the Brady's.

Its all about money and ego

(Lackawanna County)

It's time that she concentrates on her recovery, and that both of them should retire to a quiet place, and become just a footnote in history.
    Government 99 and 44/100 % pure bullshit.

(Schuylkill County)

I truely feel sorry for Gabby, not just for being shot, but for being used as a pawn. I truely believe she has no clue what exactly is going on. I think she sees Mark as a father figure she wants desperately to please and nothing more.

(Bucks County)

Comrade Valerie Jarrett announced today that the O administration will hold off on mandated implementation of parts of O-Care until 2015.

WASHINGTON (AP) — In a major concession to business groups, the Obama administration Tuesday unexpectedly announced a one-year delay, until 2105, in a central requirement of the new health care law that medium and large companies provide coverage for their workers or face fines.

The move sacrificed timely implementation of President Barack Obama's signature legislation but may help the administration politically by blunting a line of attack Republicans were planning to use in next year's congressional elections. The employer requirements are among the most complex parts of the health care law, which is designed to expand coverage for uninsured Americans.

"We have heard concerns about the complexity of the requirements and the need for more time to implement them effectively," Treasury Assistant Secretary Mark Mazur said in a blog post. "We have listened to your feedback and we are taking action."

Business groups were jubilant. "A pleasant surprise," said Randy Johnson, senior vice president of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. There was no inkling in advance of the administration's action, he said.

Under the law, companies with 50 or more workers must provide affordable coverage to their full-time employees or risk a series of escalating tax penalties if just one worker ends up getting government-subsidized insurance.

Originally, that requirement was supposed to take effect next Jan. 1. Business groups complained since the law passed that the provision was too complicated. For instance, the law created a new definition of full-time workers, those putting in 30 hours or more. But such complaints until now seemed to be going unheeded.

The delay in the employer requirement does not affect the law's requirement that individuals carry health insurance starting next year or face fines. That so-called individual mandate was challenged all the way to the Supreme Court, which ruled last year that requirement was constitutional since the penalty would be collected by the Internal Revenue Service and amounted to a tax.

Tuesday's action is sure to anger liberals and labor groups, but it could provide cover for Democratic candidates in next year's congressional elections.

The move undercuts Republican efforts to make the overhaul and the costs associated with new requirements a major issue in congressional races. Democrats are defending 21 Senate seats to the Republicans' 14, and the GOP had already started to excoriate Senate Democrats who had voted for the health law in 2009.

Senior White House adviser Valerie Jarrett cast the decision as part of an effort to simplify data reporting requirements.

She said since enforcing the coverage mandate is dependent on businesses reporting about their workers' access to insurance, the administration decided to postpone the reporting requirement, and with it, the mandate to provide coverage.

"We have and will continue to make changes as needed," Jarrett wrote in a White House blog post. "In our ongoing discussions with businesses we have heard that you need the time to get this right. We are listening."

Republicans called it a validation of their belief that the law is unworkable and should be repealed.

"Obamacare costs too much and it isn't working the way the administration promised," said Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky. "The White House seems to slowly be admitting what Americans already know ... that Obamacare needs to be repealed and replaced with common-sense reforms that actually lower costs for Americans."

http://www.realclear.com/politics/20..._law_2145.html

(Westmoreland County)

"I know there will always be some in Congress who remain in the grip of special interests," Giffords wrote.
    Sure enough.... all sorts of special interests... including those who purport to speak for "the majority of people".

(Philadelphia County)

I do not believe gun control is a major concern to most Americans at the moment. The gun rights advocates had their chance and they lost, plain and simple. Most people are worried about the economy and the Obama administration's violation of privacy and civil rights right now.
    People are getting to the point where they realize guns might be what gets the traitors out of office now.

Brazil, Egypt, Ukraine, China... all places undergoing mass riots in order to change things. America is getting to the boiling point, and watching other places actually move to action to induce change might stir them.

I saw a picture from Egypt, where protesters were pointing lasers at a hovering helicopter. I was taken aback at the thought that if they were replaced with guns, how different it would be. Obviously, shooting at the military is a terrible idea, but just the grand scheme of things... If Americans ever got to that point... I don't know...

A spying government, a fucked justice system, corrupt bankers/banks, hunting our own citizens across the globe, pick your poison at this point. Something will push it over sooner or later. More people are waking up if my young, liberal group of friends is any gauge as to perception of guns & their necessity.
    “Until they become conscious, they will never rebel.” - George Orwell, 1984

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by eyecanshoot View Post
    I truely feel sorry for Gabby, not just for being shot, but for being used as a pawn. I truely believe she has no clue what exactly is going on. I think she sees Mark as a father figure she wants desperately to please and nothing more.
    She knows exactly what is going on and if she is a pawn she is a willing one.

Quote Originally Posted by SAB215 View Post
    People are getting to the point where they realize guns might be what gets the traitors out of office now.

Brazil, Egypt, Ukraine, China... all places undergoing mass riots in order to change things. America is getting to the boiling point, and watching other places actually move to action to induce change might stir them.

I saw a picture from Egypt, where protesters were pointing lasers at a hovering helicopter. I was taken aback at the thought that if they were replaced with guns, how different it would be. Obviously, shooting at the military is a terrible idea, but just the grand scheme of things... If Americans ever got to that point... I don't know...

A spying government, a fucked justice system, corrupt bankers/banks, hunting our own citizens across the globe, pick your poison at this point. Something will push it over sooner or later. More people are waking up if my young, liberal group of friends is any gauge as to perception of guns & their necessity.
    The military in Egypt is not the same as it is here - it's a much more powerful political force, like a 'third estate' in the country. That's why there is a tendency to bring them to the table in times of dissent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast