Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Juniata County)

Default SB 505 (Please support - ask your State rep to push for it)

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/CFDOCS/...r=0505&pn=0829

SENATE BILL
    No.
    Session of

INTRODUCED BY EICHELBERGER, FOLMER, SCARNATI, KASUNIC, MENSCH, WAUGH, ERICKSON, SOLOBAY, ROBBINS, ALLOWAY, VULAKOVICH, HUTCHINSON, WARD, VOGEL AND WHITE, APRIL 3, 2013

REFERRED TO JUDICIARY, APRIL 3, 2013

AN ACT

Protecting from infringement the individual right of the
    citizens of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to bear arms as
    provided in section 21 of Article I of the Constitution of Pennsylvania. The General Assembly of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania hereby enacts as follows:

Section 1. Findings.
    The General Assembly finds and declares that:

(a) The Constitution of Pennsylvania, and its protections of the right to bear arms, predate the Constitution of the United States.

(b) It is an established canon of judicial construction that a state constitution may not offer less protection of individual rights than the Constitution of the United States, but it can afford more protections.

(c) Section 21 of Article I of the Constitution of Pennsylvania provides: "The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned." 130SB0505PN0829 -1-

(d) Pennsylvania's constitutional protection of an individual's right to bear arms is clear and unequivocal. Section 2. Use of State resources to enforce Federal laws relating to firearms, firearm components or ammunition.

(a) General rule.--Neither the Commonwealth, nor any of its political subdivisions, shall allow the use of any resources or public funds to enforce any Federal law, Executive order or regulation, which is enacted or promulgated after the effective date of this section, and which attempts to register, restrict or ban the ownership or purchase, whether by number or type, of a firearm, component of a firearm or ammunition.

(b) Definition.--As used in this section, the term "resources" shall mean and include judicial buildings, correctional facilities, personnel and equipment.

Section 3. Effective date. This act shall take effect immediately.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Juniata County)

Default Re: SB 505 (Please support - ask your State rep to push for it)

"Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Chester County)

i'd hate to say it but its not going to go any where unfortunetly. i'll call and write nonetheless but it seems that the current legislators don't have much time for firearm related issues in either direction. despite all of our efforts. it's really kind of been pissing me off lately.
    WHEN DEMOCRACY TURNS TO TYRANNY, THE ARMED CITIZEN STILL GETS TO VOTE

(Juniata County)

It is a common perception that things go to die in the judiciary. I'm not sure why that is - but I understand the frustration.

I do believe our support, our comments matter at the State level. I've recently become much more active. I've never went to the local meet and greets. I'm paying attention to when/where they are now - and I intent to ask questions about specific legislation - such as this bill. Such as what have you done to bring jobs to our district, our State? Hundreds of jbs are looking for a new home, ready to leave CT, MA, & NY.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

(Lancaster County)

This is how we need to handle any reps/senators that have been playing for the other side or won't play for ours when it counts: http://danaloeschradio.com/colorados...-magpul-event/
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Tioga County)

I see my state senator is already on board with this.
    USNRET '61-'81

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    It is a common perception that things go to die in the judiciary. I'm not sure why that is - but I understand the frustration.
    It's the perception because all of our bills wind up in Judiciary as their first step in each chamber, and almost never get a hearing, let alone a vote. In this case, perception and reality align. Our bills general go to Judiciary to die.

For an instructive history, look at where all of our bills from last session that never got a floor vote ended up.

(Lackawanna County)

In my county, every rep is a D., and our Senator is a D., you can write off Lackawanna county.
    Government 99 and 44/100 % pure bullshit.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by FNG19 View Post
    It's the perception because all of our bills wind up in Judiciary as their first step in each chamber, and almost never get a hearing, let alone a vote. In this case, perception and reality align. Our bills general go to Judiciary to die.

For an instructive history, look at where all of our bills from last session that never got a floor vote ended up.
    What do we do to improve this?
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    What do we do to improve this?
    It's a tough nut to crack. To change this, we need strong 2A people chairing Judiciary and running both the House and Senate -- people who will support our bills and lend their weight to their progress, like they do in bills that pass rapidly (like, say, the massive expansion of wiretap authority granted in the last Assembly).

We cannot succeed without leadership on our side.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast