Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default .22 conversion kit?

I'm looking to pickup a new pistol, it will be used for conceal carry when I'm not concerned about people seeing it and I have a few choices...

sadly the choice appears to be coming down to can I get a conversion kit for it so that I can actually afford to shoot the thing as practicing with .40 will get expensive quickly and I can practice with a .22 in areas where I wouldn't want to shoot a larger cartiridge

I know there is a conversion kit for Glock and 1911's, I've heard rumor of one for Sig's. Does anyone know when / if one will ever come out for any of the current auto-pistols?

XD? M&P? Sigma? Taurus?

Should I just say screw it and pickup a .22 auto as well even though it won't feel the same and I can't use the same holster?

arrgghhh

(Delaware County)

Default Re: .22 conversion kit?

In addition to the Glock and 1911 conversion kits, there is the CZ Kadet kit for CZ-75 Frames and the EAA Witness also has 22 conversion kits. Sig *should* be releasing a conversion kit for their P226 this summer, followed by the P229 and P220s later.

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    I'm looking to pickup a new pistol, it will be used for conceal carry when I'm not concerned about people seeing it and I have a few choices...

sadly the choice appears to be coming down to can I get a conversion kit for it so that I can actually afford to shoot the thing as practicing with .40 will get expensive quickly and I can practice with a .22 in areas where I wouldn't want to shoot a larger cartiridge

I know there is a conversion kit for Glock and 1911's, I've heard rumor of one for Sig's. Does anyone know when / if one will ever come out for any of the current auto-pistols?

XD? M&P? Sigma? Taurus?

Should I just say screw it and pickup a .22 auto as well even though it won't feel the same and I can't use the same holster?

arrgghhh
    I guess it depends on your personal preference, what you end up buying and whether or not there is a conversion kit available. I have an Advantage Arms conversion kit for my Glock 31. Never used it very much though. Not really sure why.

On the other hand I have a conversion kit for my favorite 1911 and I shot it more last year than I shot my Ruger 22's for several reasons.

First, I love that 1911. Second, I like the trigger pull being the same, the sight radius being the same, the weight of the pistol being almost the same, etc.

If your only concern is ammo, get two pistols The conversion kits are about 270ish for the AA's glock kit. You can buy a new 22 pistol for 250. It all depends if you want to practice on your carry gun, which is a good idea. But I personally feel you can't go wrong either way!
    "See, this side is well roasted; turn me on the other and eat." St. Lawrence

(Allegheny County)

I shoot my AA kit for Glock23 almost every time I go shooting.

I have taken it to the last couple PMSC group shoots and a few others have shot it.

I like it because it is my carry gun. Recoils less and weighs less but trigger is the same.

I will regurgitate something MarcS posted and that is to shoot a few mags of full power ammo at the end of the range session just to get the feel back of shooting your carry caliber.

27hand
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Blair County)

Just checked topglock.com and the price of AA conversion kits is just under $248.00.

Again it is whatever you prefer, but I agree with 27hand 100%. Nice to have the same pistol, trigger pull, holster, etc. when you are practicing.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jailkeeper View Post
    Just checked topglock.com and the price of AA conversion kits is just under $248.00.

Again it is whatever you prefer, but I agree with 27hand 100%. Nice to have the same pistol, trigger pull, holster, etc. when you are practicing.
    TopGlock took over 3 months to deliver mine. I would try to find it in stock and pay a few extra bucks.

27hand
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by 27hand View Post
    TopGlock took over 3 months to deliver mine. I would try to find it in stock and pay a few extra bucks.

27hand
    To be honest I do not remember where I got mine. May have been TopGlock but not sure. I just went there for pricing this evening. Wherever I got it did not take long.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jailkeeper View Post

yeah thats my thought on it too... hmm

really disappointed they don't have them for a wider variety of auto pistols

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    yeah thats my thought on it too... hmm

really disappointed they don't have them for a wider variety of auto pistols
    I read a long time ago the reason they are not available for the XD, etc. is because there have been a LOT more Glocks and 1911's sold over the years. By concentrating on those models the manufacturers are appealing to a larger segment of pistol owners. Makes sense from a business point of view.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast