Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default m&p shield 40 or kahr p40

my buddy just picked up a m&p shield 9mm and holding it kinda made me want one. the trigger sucked in his but it was brand new 0 rounds threw it. I already have a kahr p40 so i was wondering how the two guns compare? I love my m&p fullsize with apex duty/carrie trigger kit does any body have any experience with the duty/carry kit in the shield? how does the shield handel the 40 s&w?

O yea im sorry if this has bin discussed before me and the search engine here dont get along.

Default Re: m&p shield 40 or kahr p40

I have the .40 shield, other then it being slightly snappy, it is a great gun.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by savagemod11 View Post
    I have the .40 shield, other then it being slightly snappy, it is a great gun.
    Just had a chance to fire one this weekend (as well as an XDs .45) and was pleasently surprised. But it was indeed, quite snappy compared to my old Star m40.

(Lancaster County)

I've not tried them in 40 but I have two Kahrs and "had" a Shield and I will take the Kahr any day of the week. The Shield trigger was the issue for me (even after the gun had several hundred rounds put through it) and I didnt feel it was worth spending money on an Apex trigger for it when the Kahrs have a smooth as butter trigger in the from the get go.

So I vote to keep the Kahr.

(Bucks County)

I don't wart to sidetrack this since you specified .40. However, I own both a M&P Shield in 9mm and a Kahr P9 and can offer my opinion on those two if you want a 9mm perspective. Personally, I have no interest in .40 and think it will go the way of the dodo one day. 9mm or .45. I do not see the point of .40. YMMV.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by dlm84 View Post
    I already have a kahr p40 so i was wondering how the two guns compare?
    Get out to the range with your buddy and shoot them both. Apples to oranges in my opinion. You have a fine carry gun in the Kahr, no need to think about making a lateral ,at best, move to the shield.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

I have owned both..Well I had the PM40. For almost half the price,the Shield is far superior. My Kahr, was breaking followers, and the slide stop was riding the side of the slide, and it had a really long trigger pull. It was back to the factory 5 times, and they still couldnt get it right. The shield has been flawless, and you can own 2 for the price of one Kahr. ( I got my Shield 40 for $389 )
    I put on the Talon grips,and added a Truglo Proglo front night sight. It now rides in my pocket everyday!
    Last edited by allglock; July 2nd, 2013 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by allglock View Post
    I have owned both..Well I had the PM40. For almost half the price,the Shield is far superior. My Kahr, was breaking followers, and the slide stop was riding the side of the slide, and it had a really long trigger pull. It was back to the factory 5 times, and they still couldnt get it right. The shield has been flawless, and you can own 2 for the price of one Kahr. ( I got my Shield 40 for $389 )
    I put on the Talon grips,and added a Truglo Proglo front night sight. It now rides in my pocket everyday!
    Where did you find that price? I am an LEO and I still paid $429.00
    I'm a Rep Virgin

Quote Originally Posted by Square Bag View Post
    Where did you find that price? I am an LEO and I still paid $429.00
    Buds LEO price is $339 I believe?...But they never have any! I got 2 in the same week. One at Claytond for $419, and the other at Kings for $389.

(Allegheny County)

Everyone I know that has gotten anything in the M&P line has loved it and Shield owners are ditching their mini-Glocks in droves.... it's mass hysteria!!!

Seriously though... I think you would be much happier in the long run with the Shield. We have about 25 guys at work that have gotten them so far and not one complaint.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast