Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Who I won't be voting for to be the next Sheriff in Delaware County ROCCO J. POLIDORO

Based on this letter, he sounds very anti 2nd.

http://business-news.thestreet.com/t...-gun-permits/1
    Letter to the Editor: Keep locals in control of issuing gun permits

To the Times: As the Democratic candidate for Delaware County sheriff, I am calling on the county’s state senators and state representatives to denounce the proposed bill that state Sen. Richard Alloway, R-Adams County, will be submitting any day. Alloway’s bill, if enacted into law, will take away local control in issuing permits to carry a concealed firearm from the local sheriff’s department and pass it on to other county sheriff departments within Pennsylvania.

If I am elected as your sheriff on Nov. 5, I will not issue any permits to any Pennsylvania resident who live outside Delaware County. In our society of gun violence, it is clear that a large majority of Americans want to see mandatory background checks at all sales of firearms. I believe the same majority want their county sheriff to be more responsible in issuing permits to those citizens who want to carry a concealed weapon.
    State law requires that each county sheriff is charged with issuing and renewing permits to owners who want to carry a concealed gun. The reason was so that the sheriff would be able to check with the neighbors and the local police who may know the applicant. If the neighbors or the local police believe that the applicant is not a good, responsible person, then the permit can be denied.

Sen. Alloway’s bill will take the control away from the local sheriff and pass it on to a sheriff in another county within the state. His law will make it easier for thousands of Pennsylvania residents, who normally would be denied in their home county, to shop around and find a sheriff department that has a lenient background policy and obtain a permit to carry a concealed gun throughout the state.

As a veteran and a gun owner myself, I support the U.S. Constitution and the Second Amendment. But as your sheriff, I will not take any donations from the National Rifle Association and I will do whatever I can to make Delaware County safer for all of our towns and boroughs.
    ROCCO J. POLIDORO
    Springfield

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Who I won't be voting for to be the next Sheriff in Delaware County ROCCO J. POLI

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    Based on this letter, he sounds very anti 2nd.

http://business-news.thestreet.com/t...-gun-permits/1
    Letter to the Editor: Keep locals in control of issuing gun permits

To the Times: As the Democratic candidate for Delaware County sheriff, I am calling on the county’s state senators and state representatives to denounce the proposed bill that state Sen. Richard Alloway, R-Adams County, will be submitting any day. Alloway’s bill, if enacted into law, will take away local control in issuing permits to carry a concealed firearm from the local sheriff’s department and pass it on to other county sheriff departments within Pennsylvania.

If I am elected as your sheriff on Nov. 5, I will not issue any permits to any Pennsylvania resident who live outside Delaware County. In our society of gun violence, it is clear that a large majority of Americans want to see mandatory background checks at all sales of firearms. I believe the same majority want their county sheriff to be more responsible in issuing permits to those citizens who want to carry a concealed weapon.
    State law requires that each county sheriff is charged with issuing and renewing permits to owners who want to carry a concealed gun. The reason was so that the sheriff would be able to check with the neighbors and the local police who may know the applicant. If the neighbors or the local police believe that the applicant is not a good, responsible person, then the permit can be denied.

Sen. Alloway’s bill will take the control away from the local sheriff and pass it on to a sheriff in another county within the state. His law will make it easier for thousands of Pennsylvania residents, who normally would be denied in their home county, to shop around and find a sheriff department that has a lenient background policy and obtain a permit to carry a concealed gun throughout the state.

As a veteran and a gun owner myself, I support the U.S. Constitution and the Second Amendment. But as your sheriff, I will not take any donations from the National Rifle Association and I will do whatever I can to make Delaware County safer for all of our towns and boroughs.
    ROCCO J. POLIDORO
    Springfield
    State law also requires that any Sheriff issue to ANY non-(state) resident that applies and meets the qualifications.

It's good he's clearly stated he will willfully ignore the law and will not carry out his statutory duties. Voters should know that.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Who I won't be voting for to be the next Sheriff in Delaware County ROCCO J. POLI

The problem with that is that the voters don't know the law.
    George,
    So many guns, so little money.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by thundrr1 View Post
    The problem with that is that the voters don't know the law.
    Gun voters do, the real problem is we are but a small number of people, most voters in DELCO will see what this idiot said as a good thing. The eastern part of this county may as well be a part of west Philly.

(Delaware County)

As a veteran and a gun owner myself, I support the U.S. Constitution and the Second Amendment. But.....
    They're all the same...don't recall seeing a "but" in the 2nd A
    and it negates anything said before it

Rocco's in over his head

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerJon View Post
    They're all the same...don't recall seeing a "but" in the 2nd A
    and it negates anything said before it

Rocco's in over his head
    It's been my life experience most of the time when you hear the word "but" it cancels out anything said before it.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    It's been my life experience most of the time when you hear the word "but" it cancels out anything said before it.
    Reminds me of the old saying: Anything before "but" is bullshit.....
    If gun control worked, Chicago would be like Mayberry, instead of Thunderdome.

His office is down the street from my house. Can one erect a sign "near" his property stating his anti 2nd amendment views?

(Delaware County)

I'm not voting for the guy, but it seems like his message was taken the wrong way. The way I see it he wouldn't issue a permit to someone who isn't from Delco. Like when i lived in Lancaster county why would i expect the Delco sheriff to issue me a permit or vice versa. I would assume he thinks this would inherently cut back on people skipping local background checks by going to another county sheriff. He isn't saying anything at all about not doing them in its entirety.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Iliketocarry88 View Post
    I'm not voting for the guy, but it seems like his message was taken the wrong way. The way I see it he wouldn't issue a permit to someone who isn't from Delco. Like when i lived in Lancaster county why would i expect the Delco sheriff to issue me a permit or vice versa. I would assume he thinks this would inherently cut back on people skipping local background checks by going to another county sheriff. He isn't saying anything at all about not doing them in its entirety.
    He has no authority to issue to a PA resident from another county, so if that is what he meant (which I call BS), it further shows he is clueless to the laws he'd be sworn in to uphold.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast