Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Who I won't be voting for to be the next Sheriff in Delaware County ROCCO J. POLI

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawgbeav View Post
    I'm trying to figure out what Sheriff is actually interviewing neighbors to do the background check? I thought most of them simply called PICS...

I think it might be good for people to be able to apply for an LTCF in another county. That would effectively render the Philly GPU null and void.
    My first LTCF issued by DELCO both references were called and my employer was too. My renewal no one was called.

Quote Originally Posted by PaGunner View Post
    I agree what a moron. Most people who are elected sheriff have little to no law enforcement experience. It's more of an admin job than anything. The current sheriff I believe was a photographer before and the women running on the Republican ticket is in-house counsel for AQUA. I've met her before and I have to be honest I am not too impressed but I will be voting for her over the other clown the democrats put up.

Which Sheriff? McGinn just stepped down a week and a half ago due to something in Home Rule Charter rules about term limits.

Joseph C. Blackburn Jr. was put in place until January, 2014 when the next election's winner will take over. Blackburn is a 10 year vet of the DELCO sheriff's department and was a part time cop in Aldan borough as well.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Who I won't be voting for to be the next Sheriff in Delaware County ROCCO J. POLI

I was unaware McGinn stepped down last week. I was refereeing to Mary McFall Hopper, no law enforcement experience. The in house attorney for AQUA.

Before McGinn it was the another attorney, current President Judge Chad Kenney. As I mentioned most sheriffs have no law enforcement experience because the position is administrative in nature.

Which Sheriff? McGinn just stepped down a week and a half ago due to something in Home Rule Charter rules about term limits.

Joseph C. Blackburn Jr. was put in place until January, 2014 when the next election's winner will take over. Blackburn is a 10 year vet of the DELCO sheriff's department and was a part time cop in Aldan borough as well.
    [/QUOTE]
    Apathy is the downfall of Our Liberty

(Delaware County)

I was unaware McGinn stepped down last week. I was refereeing to Mary McFall Hopper, no law enforcement experience. The in house attorney for AQUA.

Before McGinn it was the another attorney, current President Judge Chad Kenney. As I mentioned most sheriffs have no law enforcement experience because the position is administrative in nature.
    As you can see below you mentioned the "current" sheriff having been a photographer, I asked which one figuring you didn't know McGinn stepped down, Hopper is not a sheriff, so that is where my question came from, which sheriff was a photographer?

In DELCO I know that a lot sheriff's have used the office as a stepping stone to the bench., in that regard most were lawyers, no law "enforcement" experience.

I agree what a moron. Most people who are elected sheriff have little to no law enforcement experience. It's more of an admin job than anything. The current sheriff I believe was a photographer before and the women running on the Republican ticket is in-house counsel for AQUA. I've met her before and I have to be honest I am not too impressed but I will be voting for her over the other clown the democrats put up.

(Delaware County)

Yeah I meant McGinn, he was a photographer prior to becoming sheriff.

http://www.pasheriffs.org/news/delaw...cginn-resigns/

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    As you can see below you mentioned the "current" sheriff having been a photographer, I asked which one figuring you didn't know McGinn stepped down, Hopper is not a sheriff, so that is where my question came from, which sheriff was a photographer?

In DELCO I know that a lot sheriff's have used the office as a stepping stone to the bench., in that regard most were lawyers, no law "enforcement" experience.
    Apathy is the downfall of Our Liberty

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123