Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default Berretta wont move to WV LETS GETEM HERE!

http://www.dailymail.com/News/statenews/201306280081
    WE need to get on our state reps an see if they wont court berretta to consider pa as a relocation point . Jus sayin .

Default Re: Berretta wont move to WV LETS GETEM HERE!

They're going to go to a right to work state. The tax structure in PA is not ideal for starting or relocating a business. I suspect they'll go to VA as they've done in the past when they built new facilities.
    PAFOA Doctrine - If you don't agree with someone, call them a troll and cry to a mod.

They said 'no' to WV because "due to Senator Manchin's recent legislative choices we have decided not to consider your State for our future plans of expansion," There's no way they'd look at PA because we own the other half of Manchin-Toomey.
    “A Republic, if you can keep it.” - Benjamin Franklin

A spokesman for the company also said, regarding Manchin, "The fact that he had portrayed himself as a traditional pro-Second Amendment politician before and appeared to switch so quickly...is what caused me to second guess the credibility of his convictions," Who else does that sound like???
    “A Republic, if you can keep it.” - Benjamin Franklin

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by staylo View Post
    They said 'no' to WV because "due to Senator Manchin's recent legislative choices we have decided not to consider your State for our future plans of expansion," There's no way they'd look at PA because we own the other half of Manchin-Toomey.
    I was going to say the same thing but I didn't even know they considered Manchin's stance as a reason for not going there. I was going to say it to be a smart-a$$ as to why I wouldn't go to WV or PA.

Forgot to say: THANKS A PANTLOAD, TOOMEY!

FEMA Region III - State College, Pennsylvania
    (Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by staylo View Post
    When I first read that news release, I thought exactly like the OP did -- how about enticing Berretta to come to PA. But that thought only lasted about 2 seconds before I realized that we have our own Toomey...

(Crawford County)

Quote Originally Posted by bodymangt View Post
    http://www.dailymail.com/News/statenews/201306280081
    WE need to get on our state reps an see if they wont court berretta to consider pa as a relocation point . Jus sayin .
    Yeah, cause Harrisburg has shown to be soooo concerned about bringing in new business to the state, or even trying to keep current business. I give you the recent dustup in Erie with GE...the city and county were in there swinging with everything they had to keep GE from moving to TX, but were fighting against Houston! Harrisburg was notably silent throughout the whole issue.

Harrisburg does not consider "selling" the state to outside businesses to be the business of government (taken from a "town hall meeting" with my own representational idiot, Brad Roae). It's not their job to do anything to encourage new business and new employers to consider PA. Their job is to continue raising taxes and spending it on useless shit or padding the pockets of themselves and their bosom buddies. Most useless pack of sniveling assholes seen outside of D.C.!!
    "When I hit it, I expect it to fall the hell down and die!"

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by brsims View Post
    Harrisburg does not consider "selling" the state to outside businesses to be the business of government (taken from a "town hall meeting" with my own representational idiot, Brad Roae). It's not their job to do anything to encourage new business and new employers to consider PA.
    In one sense, that is correct. Consitutionally, government should not be in the business of picking winners/losers, favorites or anything else that means you're preferring one business over another and giving away tax incentives (lost taxpayer revenue) to lure or keep a business. That is not the role of government.

Giving a tax credit to a new company to drum up business but doing nothing for a strugging business currently here who hires a number of people does no good when that company either goes under or move out of state. The government's role is not to tell one company you don't have to pay but another one that you must.

(Indiana County)

Actually a State Rep and the Governor already met with Beretta a few months ago about relocating to Western PA.

(Tioga County)

That was funny, it was Hardy County in WV that wanted Beretta.

Beautiful county, but isolated. An interstate grade 4 lane highway has been built across it and it's devoid of traffic because the road deadends past Moorefield and also deadends at the Virginia state line. Virginia has refused to build their 10 mile portion to connect to I-81. Total cost so far is over a billion dollars for a 30 mile road from nowhere to nowhere.

Moorefield is a dumpy town on the slide as furniture companies have abandoned the area. They have plenty of industrial capacity, but there is absolutely nothing to do in the town, not even a decent restaurant.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast