Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Tioga County)

Default Re: Prices are coming down....

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInPa View Post
    Now if only ammo prices/availability would follow as fast. 9mm and 22LR is nearly impossible to find or offensively expensive. The only ammo that seems to be around pre-panic prices is 7.62x39 and 7.62x54.
    I took a day trip visiting a couple of gun stores today.

Locally for whatever reason, 9mm is still in short supply and what I did find was overpriced. There was .22LR on the shelves everywhere. I'm buying 9mm online now for less than 25 cents a round. I have no problem getting handgun ammo for a reasonable price, but you do have to be patient and be quick to jump on deals.

I also noticed a disparity in prices between stores. One store with their AR-15's was still pricing post panic prices and had the identical Stag Arms gun for $350 more, among other differences. Shop around.

I was surprised in one gun store, it was slammed with people so there are still plenty out there shopping.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInPa View Post
    Now if only ammo prices/availability would follow as fast. 9mm and 22LR is nearly impossible to find or offensively expensive. The only ammo that seems to be around pre-panic prices is 7.62x39 and 7.62x54.
    I had a fairly healthy stock of .22 and recently introduced two new folks to shooting ( bad timing on their part, I know). That ran through a bit of my reserves and I went searching for some quality .22 last week. Two of my local gun shops have good quantities, and the guy right down the street has CCI Standard Velocity for $34.95 per 500, which is pretty reasonable since it's quality ammo. 9mm is still a little ugly in my area. It can be had but it ain't cheap.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Monroe County)

prices are coming down, looking at slickguns.com had and sks for 350$! not the 750$ oops i bought it at the wrong time seller.

(Beaver County)

Prices are indeed coming down. But I would never use the Bushmaster Carbon 15 as an example of that. At $750 you're still getting ripped off by $200.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperHummel View Post
    Prices are indeed coming down. But I would never use the Bushmaster Carbon 15 as an example of that. At $750 you're still getting ripped off by $745
    Fixed it for ya.....
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by FLICK View Post
    Fixed it for ya.....
    HAHAHA! Well, I didn't want to be mean to the foolish that bought one.

Went to my local shop the other day. Saw an AK there (sorry didn't get the model) that was over 1k. Heard him talking about how its hard to get rid of his current inventory.
    Practicing free speech outside of the designated free speech zones.

Meh.....it doesn't mean much IMO if the ammo is out of reach.

I refuse to pay stupid ammo prices.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    I took a day trip visiting a couple of gun stores today.

Locally for whatever reason, 9mm is still in short supply and what I did find was overpriced. There was .22LR on the shelves everywhere. I'm buying 9mm online now for less than 25 cents a round. I have no problem getting handgun ammo for a reasonable price, but you do have to be patient and be quick to jump on deals.

I also noticed a disparity in prices between stores. One store with their AR-15's was still pricing post panic prices and had the identical Stag Arms gun for $350 more, among other differences. Shop around.

I was surprised in one gun store, it was slammed with people so there are still plenty out there shopping.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post
    I had a fairly healthy stock of .22 and recently introduced two new folks to shooting ( bad timing on their part, I know). That ran through a bit of my reserves and I went searching for some quality .22 last week. Two of my local gun shops have good quantities, and the guy right down the street has CCI Standard Velocity for $34.95 per 500, which is pretty reasonable since it's quality ammo. 9mm is still a little ugly in my area. It can be had but it ain't cheap.
    If I look locally I might be able to find some 223, 7.62x39 and overpriced 9mm. Nothing else really. I just ordered ammo online and I got reamed with the 9mm. I paid $24/50 rounds of Wolf 9mm. If I bought locally I would have paid slightly more and at the time that was the cheapest 9mm online. I could have waited and bought elsewhere online for cheaper but I would have paid at least $15 for shipping and lost on the savings. No way I am paying $15 just to ship 100 rounds of 9mm. I ordered 100 rounds of 223 and another 100 rounds 7.62x39 so I could stomach that shipping fee plus the outrageous price on the 9mm. The cheapest 22LR I have seen was 500 rounds for $50 online.

I now have 200 rounds of plinking ammo for all my firearms, I am going to try and spread the ammo out over the rest of this year plus use my blowback air pistol to maintain my pistol shooting skills. This has become a rich mans only sport and I can't afford to keep up.
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

(Lackawanna County)

Try gunbot.net for a quick search of most online ammo sellers

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast