Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Proposed Pennsylvania Bill Creates Means For Relief For Prohibited Persons

PA bill SB102, with 12 sponsors at this time lays out a method for 'Any person subject to the prohibitions under subsection ©(4), or who is prohibited from possessing firearms under 18 U.S.C. § 922(d)(4) or (g)(4) (relating to unlawful acts) as a result of actions taken under the laws of this Commonwealth.' to petition the court to have their status changed.

http://www.amgoa.org/gun-law-texts/P...Introduced.pdf
    Last edited by Tootie; June 28th, 2013 at 03:15 PM.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Proposed Pennsylvania Bill Creates Means For Relief For Prohibited Persons

Huh. He was right. No comments or interest in this Bill.

Default Re: Proposed Pennsylvania Bill Creates Means For Relief For Prohibited Persons

I think this bill is a great idea and is sorely needed in this and many other states.

This bill isn't about gangbangers with a criminal history a mile long legally getting a gun. It's about someone who has a bad history but has turned their life around to be a productive and responsible member of society getting their second amendment right back. That's easily something I can actively support.
    Practicing free speech outside of the designated free speech zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Shisno View Post
    I think this bill is a great idea and is sorely needed in this and many other states.
    Let's fix the problems that affect all of us first. The self-inflicted wounds can be dealt with later. This is not going to be an easy sell, even among gun owners, and I think that efforts are better spent on issues that have been inflicted on us rather than those that have been chosen.

Quote Originally Posted by Tootie View Post
    PA bill SB102, with 12 sponsors at this time lays out a method for 'Any person subject to the prohibitions under subsection ©(4), or who is prohibited from possessing firearms under 18 U.S.C. § 922(d)(4) or (g)(4) (relating to unlawful acts) as a result of actions taken under the laws of this Commonwealth.' to petition the court to have their status changed.

http://www.amgoa.org/gun-law-texts/P...Introduced.pdf
    Nice to hear, people change and people regret mistakes they make and do turn their lives around. I have never been a fan of a person who has paid their debt eternally losing their 2nd amendment rights.

"...shall not be infringed."
    "The first time any mans freedom is trodden on we're all damaged."JeanLucPicard

"shall not be questioned"

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

Quote Originally Posted by libra8 View Post
    "...shall not be infringed."
    You might want to continue reading down the Bill of Rights where it discusses Due Process. In case you don't feel like reading all the way to the 14th Amendment, you can stop at the 5th because the sentiment is the same: one can be deprived of Life, Liberty, or Property via Due Process.

If you've had a conviction in a court of law, you've had Due Process (and continue to, until you've run out of appeals).

Sure, it doesn't fit on a bumper sticker like "... shall not be infringed." does, but it's equally as valid.

Quote Originally Posted by IIIIIREPOIIIII View Post
    "shall not be questioned"
    Look at Article I, Section 9 of the PA Constitution. It covers the same area that the 5A/14A does in the US Constitution.

Otherwise, my prior response stands.

(Lancaster County)

Serve your time, pay your "debt" to society and get on with life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. I think some people get off on lifelong punishments for their fellow man. As long as they are above it all to hell with those that don't rise to their standard. I'm continually shocked by what prohibits a person. I know of no other Right lost for life for so many victimless crimes.

We're all aware that there are some truly bad people but does a law that says you were bad, no guns for you really do much? Or does it make society feel better, for various reasons? In the gun owning community in my opinion, it makes some feel better than another. One more issue that divides us.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast