Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: Army & Navy Whitehall

Quote Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
    I'm with you on this one, your memory from that time wouldn't be faulty.

I do remember some higher prices on pistols early in the year. Everything was way up, Colt AR-15's at over $2000 (and selling quickly), half-empty cases, that was crazy to see. Personally never noticed a used Glock up at those prices but hey, it wouldn't surprise me during that time given how everything was.

It's also when ammo sold out, then spiked when it came back. The guns have dropped, ammo has on a few things but not on the pistol ammo that I shoot.

By sub-500 I mean ~489, marked as a sale price, so not quite as nice as say 450-475. How long will that last? I have no idea, I'm not exactly in the market for one myself. Good guns, just not my preference.

The same time a saw that price, I went to another local shop and they had the Glock 30sf instock brand new for I think 539.
    IANAL

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by CartBone69 View Post
    The prices i am quoting are from late February of this year, my memory is not faulty. It had 2 mags and the normal things that they came with from the factory.

**Edit** The other prices i quoted are also from the week of Thanksgiving last year 2013, since in February which the last time i was there they had NO brand new Glocks in the case, just the over priced used Glock. I also really don't care if you want to take my word for it or not, im defiantly not going to loose any sleep over it.
    I apologize. I thought that you were referring to the prices these past few weeks. I don't know what they were in February because I wasn't interested in them and wasn't paying attention to the price.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    So what is the price on new Glocks? 499.99? You say under 500.. That's cool, just curious what the exact price is. Cheapest I can find is 518.99
    This place sounds awesome if new Glocks are being sold for used Glock prices everywhere else.
    I didn't say Glocks. I said the 19 and the 23 -- those were the models that I was looking at. Wasn't paying attention to the prices of the other models. They might be higher or lower or a mixture there of.

(Monroe County)

was there to do a transfer on Saturday. Heard some amazing asshattery from one of the employees. The fellow at the gun counter with the shoulder rig and the vest.

A younger guy (over 18 and under 21) asked about putting an AR on layaway: was told he couldn't purchase it because he wasn't 21 and it had military features. (yes he had a PA ID)

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by thelemite View Post
    was there to do a transfer on Saturday. Heard some amazing asshattery from one of the employees. The fellow at the gun counter with the shoulder rig and the vest.

A younger guy (over 18 and under 21) asked about putting an AR on layaway: was told he couldn't purchase it because he wasn't 21 and it had military features. (yes he had a PA ID)
    Well, im waiting for a certain persons reply but its either going to be...

1. You are lying
    2. Your memory is bad
    3. The prospective buyer of the gun should of known better, despite what the counter guy (the sales person who should actually know the truth) told him thus it is the prospective buyers fault.
    4. You should of intervened and called the counter person on his bullshit so then it is your fault.

Im sure i missed a couple so we will wait and see.
    IANAL

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by CartBone69 View Post
    Well, im waiting for a certain persons reply but its either going to be...

1. You are lying
    2. Your memory is bad
    3. The prospective buyer of the gun should of known better, despite what the counter guy (the sales person who should actually know the truth) told him thus it is the prospective buyers fault.
    4. You should of intervened and called the counter person on his bullshit so then it is your fault.

Im sure i missed a couple so we will wait and see.
    I made sure I understood what was going on quite clearly. The buyer did mention that he had purchased a similar gun in the last few weeks: but Mr vest was insistent.
    I don't particularly care what a "certain persons" reply is. I stand by what I witnessed.

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

(Monroe County)

Many, many,many moons ago I put my AK on layway @ 17 and paid it off and picked it up at 18 there.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Lancaster County)

A Glock is a Glock .

(Philadelphia County)

I have no idea where this place is, as I have never been there,
    and I have nothing relevant to ad to this discussion,
    so I thought this post would fit right in to this thread,

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by caferacer View Post
    I have no idea where this place is, as I have never been there,
    and I have nothing relevant to ad to this discussion,
    so I thought this post would fit right in to this thread,
    lol. Too funny. If a supermarket A is $8 for a jar of peanut butter then Supermarket B is $5.99. For the same jar indentical. What do you do$ where do you buy? Why complain?.. Walk through cabelas and take Look at thier handgun prices(rust included with cabelas) and i bet you find army navy's prices arent the highest..
    Last edited by caribstv; August 6th, 2013 at 03:30 PM.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast