Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: Army & Navy Whitehall

My cousin was just there 2 weeks ago, then I took him to Boyers. After the fiasco I had with them 2 years ago, you will never catch me in there, not unless the fat ass who sits on a chair has a coronary and dies right in front of me, then I might go there again, but I doubt it. May I ask a personal question, are you dating one of the guys there? You are always very quick to defend them, it occurs to me good shops do not need defending and more than 1/2 your posts is you defending them. You don't see people defending Boyer's, Eagle Arms, Golden Trigger, etc,,, Seems to me only A&N needs defending. That isn't saying to much about the service there. I'd rather not shop where they need cheerleaders to get you in the door to rip you off.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa.Sniper View Post
    I'd rather not shop where they need cheerleaders to get you in the door to rip you off.
    You still haven't answered my question -- if they are "ripping" people off, why did the opening post praise them for "excellent service and great price like always"? Obviously, your opinion isn't shared by all. Also, if you check my posts, you'll notice that I'm quick to defend retailers in general ... Alexander Arms, Kell Brothers Guns, Treeline Sports, Acri's Gun Shop, Gun Toters in Eynon, DelCo Shooting Supply, etc.

And your cute little comment about "dating one of the guys" reflects negatively on you and gun owners in general. Is that how you have a civil discussion when someone disagrees with you -- you resort to insults and jabs? If so, that is shameful on your part!
    Last edited by Sir Knight; July 22nd, 2013 at 08:32 PM.

(Lehigh County)

It was a legitimate question, as I am quick to defend my wife. And it has nothing to do if you own a gun or not. Just look up your posts, more than half are defending these boneheads. You argue with anyone who has a negative thing about that store. No one is disagreeing with you, just because someone says something YOU do not like, YOU come here and argue with them, not just me, everybody! I am telling a story 2 weeks ago about my cousin, he was never there before, just getting into shooting, he went in looking for a handgun, he got home and called me and asked if they were always assholes and I said yes. Now, for someone to go there and be treated like that. I also have never has a good experience there and I would rather go elsewhere where the people appreciate my business. I have been doing this for many years and own about 50 firearms, none of which I bought there and there is a reason for that. But someone says something negative and you rush right over to defend them. Like I said before, A GOOD SHOP DOES NOT NEED DEFENDING. The more you do it, the worse they look. You are just proving my (and a lot of others) point. Read some of your pasts posts, YOU actually get mad at people for expressing their opinions, just like the people that work there, they get mad at people for no reason. I have had enough of your cheer-leading tactics and I will add you to my ignore list, it's really not worth my time or effort to listen to you or shop there again. Good day sir.

(Lehigh County)

1) Why do you keep refusing to answer my question? Why is it that the opening post praised them for "excellent service and great prices as always" and your cousin claims to have had the exact opposite experience?

Which, by the way, I'd be interested in hearing in more detail. Did they refuse to serve him? If so, what reason did they give? If he was treated unjustly, did he complain to the manager? If the complaint was valid, I'd find it hard to believe that management didn't do anything.

2) You say that you've been going there for 30 years but never bought anything and never will? THat's pretty odd behavior. Let's see, it's Monday. Let me waste my time going to a store and not buy anything because I don't like them.

3) As for defending them, do a search on Alexander Arms, Kell Brothers Guns, Treeline Sports, Acri's Gun Shop, Gun Toters in Eynon, DelCo Shooting Supply, etc.; and you'll see that I've come to their defense as well.

I have had enough of your cheer-leading tactics and I will add you to my ignore list, it's really not worth my time or effort to listen to you or shop there again. Good day sir.
    In other words, you're not going to answer my question because you don't have a valid answer to give.
    Last edited by Sir Knight; July 22nd, 2013 at 11:45 PM.

(Monroe County)

I've been dropping by A&N for a long time. Bought clothes, boots, ammo, ammo, and gun parts, plus 2 transfers. Never had an issue. In fact my wife was looking at boots last week so I strolled to the back. Couple guys working asked if they could help, and when I said I was browsing they said "if you need anything just yell"
    Both were polite and attentive. I only buy when stuff is on sale or I really need it.

Ok, so we have the lover (Sir Knight), and the hater (PA.Sniper).

You gentlemen, and I use the word loosely at this point, really should stop the bickering. Watching your posts looks like how a discussion would go between Ceasefire and FOAC.

PA.Sniper, you claim to have been going there for a long time, yet do not buy anything. Something must be bringing you back. Do you like the poor customer service you claim to be getting? If your cousin feels he received bad service, then he should call them out on it.

Sir Knight, many of your posts are defending businesses. Step back and think of how the place was for many years. We all know that years ago there was issues with the staff. As you pointed out, there has been a change in the staff. As they say, Rome was not built overnight. It will take time for the preconceived notions of service to change.

The thing is as I said earlier, more and more posts are being made about the improved service. Let the change take place without dumping on a guy that makes a positive comment just because he has a low post count. We were all there at one time.

The moral of the story is, Let the change take place. Let us not knock anyone the supports the 2nd Amendment during times like this.

(Lehigh County)

It was a legitimate question, as I am quick to defend my wife. And it has nothing to do if you own a gun or not. Just look up your posts, more than half are defending these boneheads. You argue with anyone who has a negative thing about that store. No one is disagreeing with you, just because someone says something YOU do not like, YOU come here and argue with them, not just me, everybody! I am telling a story 2 weeks ago about my cousin, he was never there before, just getting into shooting, he went in looking for a handgun, he got home and called me and asked if they were always assholes and I said yes. Now, for someone to go there and be treated like that. I also have never has a good experience there and I would rather go elsewhere where the people appreciate my business. I have been doing this for many years and own about 50 firearms, none of which I bought there and there is a reason for that. But someone says something negative and you rush right over to defend them. Like I said before, A GOOD SHOP DOES NOT NEED DEFENDING. The more you do it, the worse they look. You are just proving my (and a lot of others) point. Read some of your pasts posts, YOU actually get mad at people for expressing their opinions, just like the people that work there, they get mad at people for no reason. I have had enough of your cheer-leading tactics and I will add you to my ignore list, it's really not worth my time or effort to listen to you or shop there again. Good day sir.
    If a good shop does not need defending does a good wife also not need defending?

On a more serious note though, what's up with making this personal? If it is not worth your time or effort to listen to another poster why do you keep posting in such a way that is going to guarantee you get harsh responses?

(Lehigh County)

• Quote Originally Posted by tsor39 View Post
      PA.Sniper, you claim to have been going there for a long time, yet do not buy anything. Something must be bringing you back. Do you like the poor customer service you claim to be getting?
    That's one of the points that he has refused to answer. What rational person keeps returning to a place for thirty years when he is receiving poor service and is being ripped off? Something doesn't add up.

If your cousin feels he received bad service, then he should call them out on it.
    Exactly what I said. If his complaint was valid, I'd find it hard to believe that management wouldn't do anything about it.

Sir Knight, many of your posts are defending businesses.
    You are correct. I often do come to the defense of businesses when I see, what I perceive to be, invalid complaints. The reason is that I have a customer service background and as the old saying goes, until you've walked in another man's shoes, until you've been on both sides of the fence, you do not have a complete picture.

It's nice that this discussion board has a forum dedicated to which businesses go above and beyond and which businesses are found lacking. However, I've seen customers complain about some of the most invalid things. I've seen customer alter the story to the point of outright lying to make themselves appear to be angels. When they do these type of things, they do a dis-service to themselves, to the business that they are unjustly negatively bashing in public (because readers from around the world can read what is being said), and to all of our forum members.

Let us not knock anyone the supports the 2nd Amendment during times like this.
    You are correct that especially now is not the time for gun owners to knock any who supports the 2nd Amendment.

(Monroe County)

can a moderator shut this thread down there is no useful information, period.

including my post.

(Lehigh County)

The Army & Navy store in Whitehall is not unlike any other gunshop - which is to say, that the majority of gunshop employees haven't the slightest clue as to what customer service means - they act like you're bothering them by maintaining a presence in their store.

I'm not sure what it is - it's like in order to work at a gunshop you need to prove to them that you're capable of being a dick on a daily basis.

There are two gunshops who's employees will actually notice you when you walk in the door and go out of their way to be friendly and nice to you - Tanners and American Arms & Ammo (possibly a few others that I've never been to).

I've been to Army Navy in Whitehall several times and I can tell you it's not for the customer service - it's just for the fact that it's across the street from the mall and close to home - in other words, it's simply convenient.

I've been there on at least two or three occasions where I'm standing at the counter looking down at their selection, looking at the wall behind the counter, and nobody (not one) so much as looked at me - I mean I literally had to say something to get someone's attention - like I'm at some crowded bar trying to flag the bartender down for a drink. And then, the best part - when I do get their attention I get this attitude like, "wtf do you want?"

Again, this isn't exclusive to Army Navy - it's pretty common in many other gunshops. Still, it's worth noting.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast