Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Local Supermarket Owner Offers Gift Cards For Gun Turn-In Program

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The owner of 10 Philadelphia area supermarkets is bankrolling the latest campaign to take guns off the city’s streets.

Jeffrey Brown, president and CEO of Brown’s Super Shop Rite Stores, based in Westville, NJ, says he is putting up $100 Shop Rite gift cards for each gun turned in — no questions asked — at an event set for Saturday, 10am to 2pm, at Deliverance Evangelistic Church, at 21st and Lehigh in North Philadelphia.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...rn-in-program/

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Local Supermarket Owner Offers Gift Cards For Gun Turn-In Program

Funny was this not the same man that was named father of the year or some bullshit?

intersting connection here now

Jeffrey Brown is the founder, President and CEO of Brown’s Super Stores, Inc., a ten-store supermarket chain trading under the ShopRite banner. Mr. Brown is an Officer and Director of Wakefern Food Corporation, the marketing and distribution arm for ShopRite, as well as the Chairman of Wakefern’s Strategic Planning Capitalization effort and Insurance Committee. Mr. Brown had the honor of being chosen as a guest of the First Lady, Michelle Obama, at President Obama’s 2010 State of the Union address, and he is also frequently interviewed by media for his expertise in solving the “food desert” crisis.

Additionally, Mr. Brown is the founder and Chairman of UpLift Solutions, a 501(c)(3) national nonprofit organization that supports food businesses, government and nonprofits to create sustainable environments for underserved communities. Mr. Brown and his wife Sandy reside in Cherry Hill, NJ and have four sons: Josh, Alex, Lenny and Scott.
    Yep, looked like he "Won" Philadelphia's Father of the Year Award

Last edited by Svickstc; June 26th, 2013 at 04:29 PM.

(Beaver County)

Sooo what happens when someone drops by with a Saturday night special? Is this guy illegally accepting/transfering firearms? What happens when this guy takes ownership of a stolen firearm or one used in a crime?

Of course this is in Philly so I'm sure the police will uphold the law there....this guy will probably get a medal or something.

To further illustrate my point, lets see what happens when the NRA, GOA, FOAC or any other pro 2A group tries the same thing....
    Last edited by spartakis252; June 26th, 2013 at 04:34 PM.

(Schuylkill County)

Is this guy illegally accepting/transfering firearms?
    Thats what I was thinking. If law enforcement was there would there be a conflict since the event is being held at a church? Seperation of Church and State?

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by eyecanshoot View Post
    Thats what I was thinking. If law enforcement was there would there be a conflict since the event is being held at a church? Seperation of Church and State?
    Again it's Philly everyone is gonna walk away clean as long as they are all on the same side.

Quote from the story:
    "Brown says the Philadelphia police department will be at the church to collect the guns for eventual destruction."

Possible translation?:
    All the crap guns will be destroyed after the PPD pick out the ones they want for their own "keepsakes"

Anybody with cash in hand going!!!

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by IIIIIREPOIIIII View Post
    Anybody with cash in hand going!!!

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android
    Not to 21st and Lehigh!

(Bucks County)

Wink Re: Local Supermarket Owner Offers Gift Cards For Gun Turn-In Program

No I hear the is a normal cease fire in the badlands on the weekends in the morning. Thats when all the street punks have their weekly meetings in their clubhouses. It should be safe???

If you believe the above post,I have a almost new(geological speaking) tunnel near the art museum for sale.

(Chester County)

Everyone should show up with toy guns or super soakers.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast