Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Fayette County)

Default First Niagara Pavilion

A friend just asked if i want to go the carnival of madness concert at first niagara pavilion and i was wondering if anyone knows what security is like there. I've looked through their site and have not been able to find anything at all regarding security or if they allow or disallow concealed carry. My friend says she thinks they have a metal detector and people doing pat downs so im assuming i'll most likely have to secure my shield, bodyguard, knife, and spray in the truck but if thats the case, i would like to know what parking is like. Is their a lot on the property or do i have to find a parking garage nearby? How far away would parking be from the event? I don't like having to walk far if im going to be unarmed going in and out of the concert.

(Beaver County)

Default Re: First Niagara Pavilion

Parking is on site, gravel lots, and distance depends on how soon you get there....my vehicle was probably about 100-150 yds from the gate last time I was there.

There is a "pat-down" at the gate. The reason for the "" is that if I were pocket or ankle carrying, they wouldn't have know. Not that I'm advocating trying that, it's just that their pat down seemed like a joke. I don't know if it changes for different venues but all they had me do is remove my head cover then lightly touch me from shoulders to the waist, around the waist and that was it.

(Jefferson County)

Pat-downs, and wanding at First Niagara Pavilion(Star Lake). Guys are usually required to lift their shirts and turn around. Purses and bags are subject to search. I had to take my 18" high engineer boots off so they could check my boots and ankles for weapons.

They do not allow weapons. Not even chain wallets, although in the past they have let me through with a chain wallet so long as I tucked the chain in.

Parking is series of large fields. VIP parking is a select area right after coming in the main gates(last time I had VIP), the rest is just dirt/grass parking. There are no parking garages for miles. Depending where you get parked, it could be 100ft from the gates, or 500-600ft from the gates.

Last edited by knight0334; June 26th, 2013 at 05:01 PM.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Allegheny County)

Had a G/F who worked the gates about 12 years ago. Said they'd have a body in the lake every once in awhile. Don't think it was necessarily foul play but it's a place you should be on yellow alert the whole time. I always managed to be in the upper lot close to the road. Sucked to walk there, but got out quicker. Especially the time me and my buddy drove our lifted jeeps out our own way.
    "Governments... derive their just powers from the consent of the governed."

You may check a firearm in with the Police Dept at the East Gate where they will secure it in a lock box and and issue a receipt and you can pick it back up when you leave. That way you do not have to be unarmed when you return to your vehicle after the show.

So I work out there and your map is a little off so I fixed it.

A-C is Premier Parking
    D-G is Vip Parking
    Everything else is general parking.

I have no clue if the Hanover Cops will check your firearm. As far as I know they only hold other officers but I will ask next show.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by duqjeep2010 View Post
    So I work out there and your map is a little off so I fixed it.

A-C is Premier Parking
    D-G is Vip Parking
    Everything else is general parking.

I have no clue if the Hanover Cops will check your firearm. As far as I know they only hold other officers but I will ask next show.
    Thanks! It's been a few years since I was there.. I only had the VIP/Premier package once, so that was a bit foggy in my head about their gate. I do remember being about to get in/out of "Star Lake" fast, and a few other privileges over the general pass/parking/entrance. ...too much beer and second-hand "smoke".
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Allegheny County)

I was out there a few weeks ago and the guy did a pretty fair pat down.

On my way to the gate, I realized I still had my knife clipped onto my pants above my front pocket with the clip under the belt. Thought I'd see what happens and went through without having to take it back to the car.
    I didn't see anyone have to lift their shirts or turn around. The guy patted down from 3 to 9 and shorts pockets.

I saw some ankle checks on those who wore long pants.

Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

Sorry it took me so long to find out but I have either been busy or forgot when I was working out there. Some jackass who was brandishing last night jogged my memory to ask the chief.

Yes Hanover PD will check your firearm in their lock boxes. Your best bet to do so is to find one of the black shirt security supervisors to give PD a heads up that you are coming over to do so. From there you can just head in through the East gate and enjoy the show.

(Allegheny County)

Thanks for the update. I'll be there next week for Motley Crue. Still deciding if my EDC is staying at home, or coming with me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast