Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Delaware County Field Stream member signoff

Good evening, I recently purchased a home with my wife in Delaware county and stopped by DCFS this past weekend to check it out and pick up an application. I would really like to get the member signatures so I can attend the new member orientation and start becoming active with the club.

I grew up in York PA and was a member of the local Izaak Walton for 10 years so Im familiar with club etiquette and the concept of give and take. I shoot rifles, pistols, and archery for a hobby and have my concealed carry permit.

I look forward to joining and if there are any members local to Delaware county who would be willing to meet me (your choice of location) to sign my form for the (2) current member signatures I need it would be greatly appreciated. I dont know anyone in the area so I dont have a "group" of buddies that are already members that I can reach out to, just a new guy. Thanks in advance for your consideration.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Delaware County Field Stream member signoff

Sure, any day / time is good. I am nearby to Havertown.

Best regards,
    CM
    "If you believe the term "militia" means the National Guard then you must believe that freedom of speech is reserved for the Government Printing Office." - Some guy, 2/2007

(Delaware County)

The easiest thing to do is just go to the clubhouse on a Sat or Sun morning. There will be lots of members and club officers around who can sign your app. Just order up a stack of pancakes from the grill and take a seat. Strike up a conversation while you're chowing down and you'll have your signatures in no time. I'm usually there Sat mornings with a few friends so I'd be happy to sign for you. Send me a pm if interested.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rik Bitter View Post
    The easiest thing to do is just go to the clubhouse on a Sat or Sun morning. There will be lots of members and club officers around who can sign your app. Just order up a stack of pancakes from the grill and take a seat. Strike up a conversation while you're chowing down and you'll have your signatures in no time. I'm usually there Sat mornings with a few friends so I'd be happy to sign for you. Send me a pm if interested.
    I agree with Rik. That's how I did it back in 2001 when I joined. Just introduce yourself and ask if they'll sign your application. Also, although it's not a requirement for membership, some guys will ask you if you're an NRA member and might not sign if you aren't.

If weekends are no good because of work issues, then you might want to stop by on the 1st or 2nd Wednesday of the month at 8:00. We hold our respective general membership and range officer's meetings then and you'll be sure to have at least one club officer in the building to sign.

I had an application with them a few months ago, but fell short. I never thought of simply going in there on an early morning, though I do remember seeing a few folks sitting having coffee. Looked like a tight group to me. I instead bought a hunting permit and went to a state game range ( game lands 43) and shot there a bunch of times this past year. Was fun, lax restrictions (with exception to the 3 round per magazine rule) But i always wondered if it was worth going to DCFS. Maybe i'll check that out this year.
    Last edited by Thunder 21; February 16th, 2014 at 12:27 AM. Reason: wrong range #

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder 21 View Post
    I had an application with them a few months ago, but fell short. I never thought of simply going in there on an early morning, though I do remember seeing a few folks sitting having coffee. Looked like a tight group to me. I instead bought a hunting permit and went to a state game range ( game lands 43) and shot there a bunch of times this past year. Was fun, lax restrictions (with exception to the 3 round per magazine rule) But i always wondered if it was worth going to DCFS. Maybe i'll check that out this year.
    I guess it depends if you like driving a a long or short time getting to the range. Your info has you in Upper Chi, a lot closer to Brookhaven than the state game land. DCFS ranges do have round limits and a couple other rules that I don't agree with but over-all it's a very nice club with a variety of ranges.

Black Powder
    High Power
    Small Bore (rimfire)
    Archery
    Pistol
    Several types of Trap
    Skeet
    and even Air Gun

Most ranges have competitions that are open to all through out the year. On the weekends you can have breakfast/lunch in the club house. The membership fees are not out of control, especially if you have a family. For Delaware County you're not going to find better.

If you (Thunder 21) are planning to join now is the time because prior to gaining membership status you have to sign up for an orientation walk through of the club and they are on a limited sign up basis, it may be a month before you can accomplish that.

(Montgomery County)

Even with some of the rules, you will not find a nicer club around the area. They have a lot to offer but plan on joining another range if you want to shoot high capacity stuff.
    Your web muscles do not frighten me.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder 21 View Post
    Thunder, if you had a good time at any game land, you will enjoy dcfs. I am a part time member of that group you saw having coffee, we are tight until someone disagrees with another. PM me and I will sign your app., living close to the club, it would not be any problem driving there and meeting you.