Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Another customer service story from Taurus

I wanted to share a little about my most recent CS encounter with Taurus. First of all, it was 6:00 pm when I called, tonight, so maybe everyone with Taurus guns was eating dinner. I only had to endure the old time western music on a bad speaker for about 8 minutes. Anyway, I spoke to a young lady named Nina. Nice that she spoke English, well, and knew a little about what I was talking about. I have had a couple people that didn't speak English, well, so it was a nice surprise.

I purchased a PT 1911 .45 this past Sat at the Ft. Myers show. I got the gun home and was not happy with the fit (built in Feb. 2013), so I called and explained the problem to Nina and she sent me a Fed Ex label through my email and they are picking up all the costs. I want to say they are doing this only because I have not fired the gun yet and it obviously isn't a year old yet. It used to be Taurus would pay for shipping during the first year, but they no longer do this unless you have a newly purchased, unfired gun. Bummer considering it costs $70 to ship a gun, overnight.

Couple more things: the finish of a Taurus is still only one year from date of purchase. The rest of the gun of course is life time. Something that does aggravate me with Taurus that I didn't know is they will not sell me a hammer for a 1911. I actually have to send the gun in to have one put in it. The hammer is for a spare and not a repair. I guess they figure someone would dick up a gun and cause more problems than just the hammer, alone...I don't know, but it didn't pan out. Oh well, looks like a mim WC hammer as a spare.

This isn't a pat Taurus on the back thing, but more of a 'just a little info, though Nina did take as good a care of me as she could. She was also very polite. Anyone thinking of purchasing a Taurus in the near future should know they are still keeping late hours in the CSD, but they no longer pick up the tab shipping unless you have a new, unfired firearm.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Another customer service story from Taurus

most gun companies will not sell you a hammer or any other parts that makes the gun goes boom, ruger for example will not sell you a hammer either.

i own 6 taurus' never had to send one back i must be a loucky guy, must remember nina though just in case i need to send one back.

a couple years ago the cuban mayor of miami wanted to make spanish the official language of the city of miami, if i had to send one of my sigs back and had to speak to someone with a strong german accent i would not feel offended sig is a foreign company so is taurus, its a global economy general motors is in brazil making cars and taurus is in the us making guns. glad taurus took care of the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post
    i own 6 taurus' never had to send one back i must be a loucky guy,

This is only my second out of 27 total Taurus pistols and revolvers (first was a timing issue with a Tracker, which was fixed on the first attempt), so I feel fortunate, as well.

(Lancaster County)

Best of luck, let us know in eight weeks how it turned out. Im not trying to be a smart ass but why did you buy it if you weren't happy with the fit?
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

Quote Originally Posted by bripro View Post
    Best of luck, let us know in eight weeks how it turned out. Im not trying to be a smart ass but why did you buy it if you weren't happy with the fit?
    'Cause like a dumb ass, I assumed it was ok and didn't check it very well when I bought it, and it was zip tied open, plus the fact that when I asked what the guy could do with the $599 price, he said he'd go to $519, so I poker faced him in the worst way. I never looked at it, again, until the following day. I had purchased 6 other PT 1911's from this same outfit, and all of them were exceptional.

Let this be a lesson to anyone who buys a new gun. Never assume everything is ok with a new gun when you buy one. Inspect the shit out of it, first, then talk numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by bripro View Post
    Best of luck, let us know in eight weeks how it turned out.
    I should have put this in, before. Nina said the turn around time, now, is 4 to 6 weeks, but because they do not get many 1911's in for repairs, it would likely be closer to 4, or less, even. To show how much I don't know about Taurus repairs, they now have an on line repair status for your firearm. www.taurususa.com

(Lawrence County)

Why not buy an aftermarket hammer instead of a replacement Taurus hammer?

Lycanhasabout5layingaroundthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    Why not buy an aftermarket hammer instead of a replacement Taurus hammer?

Lycanhasabout5layingaroundthrope
    Yea, I'm going to order two of their MIM hammers. $28 ea at Brownell's.

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    Yea, I'm going to order two of their MIM hammers. $28 ea at Brownell's.
    Yeah, but why not order a better hammer?....and why would you need two?

Nothing really against Taurus hammers....just curious because you can get a faster hammer to decrease lock time.

Lycanalmostsamecostthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    Yeah, but why not order a better hammer?....and why would you need two?

Nothing really against Taurus hammers....just curious because you can get a faster hammer to decrease lock time.

Lycanalmostsamecostthrope
    Because I cut the hammer hooks a little close for comfort (.019") and I want a spare ready to drop in. I don't want to mess with restoning that hammer because it never has felt right. The other PT 1911's I did are very good...it's just this particular one that never felt right. Which hammer do you suggest for being faster? I know the WC BP hammer is good, but it is $50.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast