Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Colorado is going after a 2nd Rep with a recall

We already know about Colorado's efforts to recall John Morse as a result of the new gun laws Colorado put into place, now they are going after another rep.

Every state should have a process for recalling their representatives. This may be something worth pushing for in the future to help ensure reps keep their voters interests in mind, not their own.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-politics/2013/jun/24/2nd-colo-democrat-may-face-recall-anti-gun-votes/
    Second Colo. Democrat may face recall over anti-gun votes
    By Valerie Richardson
    The Washington Times
    June 24, 2013, 04:44PM
    DENVER — A second Colorado recall drive fueled by a backlash against the state’s newly passed gun-control laws cleared its first hurdle Monday after the petition signatures were deemed sufficient to proceed.

Colorado Secretary of State Scott Gessler announced that proponents had submitted 12,648 valid signatures, or 1,363 more than the 11,285 signatures needed to force a recall election of Democratic state Sen. Angela Giron.
    The recall group, Pueblo Freedom and Rights, submitted a total of 13,466 signatures on its recall petitions about two weeks ago.
    “It’s awesome,” said Victor Head, president of Pueblo Freedom of Rights, a plumber who’s leading the recall along with his brother, Adam Head, and Ernest Mascarenas.

Ms. Giron has 15 days to file a protest challenging the petitions. If the protest fails, Democratic Gov. John Hickenlooper would be responsible for setting an election date, which could fall as early as September or as late
    the November election.

The Giron effort represents the second Colorado recall to move forward this month. Last week, Mr. Gessler validated signatures in the drive to recall Senate President John Morse, a Colorado Springs Democrat.
    Both Democrats were targeted for recall by gun-rights advocates after the state legislature passed three sweeping gun-control laws in the wake of mass shootings in Colorado and Connecticut. The laws are scheduled to take effect July 1.

The pro-Giron group, Pueblo United for Angela, has argued that the recall would burden taxpayers with a special election that could cost as much as $250,000.
    “A small but vocal group of people are trying to force us all to foot the bill for an expensive taxpayer-funded recall election. All because they don’t agree with Angela’s support of common-sense public safety measures,” says a post on the pro-Giron website.

(Indiana County)

Default Re: Colorado is going after a 2nd Rep with a recall

Sorry to bust your bubble, but in Pennsylvania our elected officials cannot be removed from office via the recall route. Likewise, petitions to get something on a ballot don't work, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    Sorry to bust your bubble, but in Pennsylvania our elected officials cannot be removed from office via the recall route. Likewise, petitions to get something on a ballot don't work, either.

I know we don't currently have recalls in Pa, I would like to see the ability to recall reps added to Pa. Might not be easy but might be a cause to undertake. Holding reps accountable for their actions during their terms vs. waiting until the next election is a powerful tool.

Quote Originally Posted by gilroy View Post
    Never heard of such a thing in other states. We actually have to be on school property. I guess it is another question I have to ask the sheriff.
    I'm not following, what do we have to be on school property for? What have you not heard of in other states? What do you need to ask the sheriff about?
    Last edited by internet troll; June 26th, 2013 at 10:11 AM.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    I'm not following, what do we have to be on school property for? What have you not heard of in other states? What do you need to ask the sheriff about?
    It would appear a question about carrying on school property versus carrying within xxxx feet OF school property. He just posted in the wrong thread, which is ironic. I wonder if it counts if he posted within xxxx feet of the topic? Someone should ask a moderator.

(Jefferson County)

gilroy was a spammer from Pakistan.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    gilroy was a spammer from Pakistan.
    lol..... Thanks for the clarification.

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post

I would love to see Casey recalled. Doubt if we would ever see the chance. Since they make the rules.