Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Boycott Pizza Hut - Consider it

Read article and consider sending a written message to Pizza Hut corp HQ about supporting a fellow gun owner being fired for using a firearm to save his life while on the job for pizza hut. IF you do, send article with your intention to boycott in your letter.
    Thanks for the consideration WF

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/app.../NEWS/80418009

Pink slip delivered to 'Pizza Man'

A Des Moines pizza delivery driver who was suspended after he shot an alleged armed robber said today that he has been fired.

James William Spiers III, 38, said Pizza Hut officials asked for his resignation in exchange for at least two months' pay and counseling.

"I was terminated, but they’re not going to kick me to the curb," he said. "When they terminated me, I had asked I they could provide me with counseling. That’s all I asked for."

Spiers fired multiple shots at a man who allegedly put a gun to his head on March 28 and demanded money at the Sutton Hill Apartments, 2100 S.E. King Ave.

The suspect, Kenneth Jimmerson, 19, was arrested when he later called for medical help. Jimmerson, who police say suffered at least three gunshot wounds, survived his injuries and faces a first-degree robbery charge. Melanie Stout, 18, who allegedly called in the pizza order, is charged with conspiracy.

Spiers, who has a valid handgun permit, said it was the first time in 10 years on the job that he had been a robbery victim. Public reaction was immediate and overwhelmingly in favor of Spiers.

But Vonnie Walbert, vice president of human resources at Pizza Hut's corporate offices in Dallas, said earlier this month that employees are not allowed to carry guns "because we believe that that is the safest for everybody."

"Now the area regional manager is going to offer me a paycheck for the next couple of months, minimum wage every two weeks," Spiers said. "They can’t make up for tips."

Police said that when officers arrived, Spiers had both handguns, and the wounded robber had fled.

"My life was, without a doubt, in danger. I wouldn't have shot anybody if I didn't think my life was in danger." Spiers said. "In my circumstance, there was no way out."

A state senator said he would stop buying Pizza Hut products if the pizza chain fired Spiers. Register readers threatened similar boycotts.

"I think what he did was the right thing," Sen. Brad Zaun, a Republican from Urbandale, said earlier this month. "If was in a situation to protect my family, protect myself, to continue being a father, I would've done the same thing."

Zaun said today that the news seals his decision to stop buying from Pizza Hut.

“I think it’s the wrong decision by Pizza Hut and I will not be buying any more Pizza Hut products,” he said. “You tell me any Iowan that was in his situation, that had a gun put to his head, how they would’ve reacted differently.”
    He said he does give the pizza chain some credit for providing Spiers with some counseling.

But Zaun said he hopes other Iowans will follow his boycott lead.

“I would just encourage everybody to reconsider their decision when they’re considering patronizing Pizza Hut,” he said.

-------------------------------------------

here is pizza hut web site
    http://www.pizzahut.com/contactus/contactlanding.aspx

Default Re: Boycott Pizza Hut - Consider it

Nice try, but Pizza Hut has been routinely dismissing employees who show any armed resistance to robbery. This is old news, standard Pizza Hut policy and Pizza Hut is still around. So, Pizza Hut is able and willing to weather the sporadic boycotts and public outcries when this happens.

Summary: Nice thought, but don't hold your breath.

Previous Pizza Hut outrages:
    http://www.google.com/cse?cx=0078815...t%22&sa=Search
    Gloria: "65 percent of the people murdered in the last 10 years were killed by hand guns"
    Archie Bunker: "would it make you feel better, little girl, if they was pushed outta windows?"

http://www.moviewavs.com/TV_Shows/Al...he_Family.html

it'd be even better to see someone pro 2A in his area offer him a much better job, I know I would have if he was in my area and got canned for that reason.

(Lehigh County)

I've boycotted Pizza Hut since 1988. Their pizza sucks rat balls, is way too expensive, gives me the shits, and oh yeah, it SUCKS RAT BALLS.

Fuck Pizza Hut, period.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

(Erie County)

I actually heard they were changing the name to 'Pasta Hut' soon..
    Sounds like nobody else likes their crappy pizza either.. I hate it.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ten*K View Post
    I've boycotted Pizza Hut since 1988. Their pizza sucks rat balls, is way too expensive, gives me the shits, and oh yeah, it SUCKS RAT BALLS.

Fuck Pizza Hut, period.
    That about says it all, right there !!

Marry you, and ruin it all ? I say let's play in sin. ~Michele
    Do ya like warm oil massages ?~Me
    As long as it's gun oil.~Michele

(Westmoreland County)

Works for me...I can't stand their pizza anyway! I do like the salad bar, but there's other salads out there!

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

(Northampton County)

I haven't been inside a pizza hut or a red lobster in over 15 years. They just plain suck.

If I were a criminal, I wouldn't even rob their drivers.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by PA Rifleman View Post
    Nice try, but Pizza Hut has been routinely dismissing employees who show any armed resistance to robbery. This is old news, standard Pizza Hut policy and Pizza Hut is still around. So, Pizza Hut is able and willing to weather the sporadic boycotts and public outcries when this happens.

Summary: Nice thought, but don't hold your breath.
    Right. You'd have better luck getting a decent meal there.

(Mercer County)

Their food stinks...haven't been one or ordered one their Pizza's for more years than I can remember......

oracle
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!