Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Burglary...

(Lancaster County)

Default Burglary...

Well, it happened.

A few weeks ago my apartment was burglarized while I was away for a single evening. No one else was home. The burglars took the typical electronics (TV, xbox, PS3, laptop, fiancee's ipad...), but they found my locked gun cabinet. They found my hammer, and opened the top corner of the cabinet. They got everything but 1 rifle. Luckily I was carrying that day, so I still have a sidearm. A police report has been filed, they dusted for prints and everything.

There has been a recent development, which may or may not be connected to my case. So that's hopeful.

My question is this- lets say these idiots are found, along with my firearms. And my firearms are not used in a crime. What are my odds of getting them back?

I am hoping that I would be able to get them back. One of them is an older Ruger .22 revolver of my dad's, that I was using for trapping recently. My deer rifle and 12 ga were also bought by my late mother just before she passed away. So getting those back would mean the world to me. If anyone has any experience with a similar situation, I'd love to know what chances I would have at getting these back, if they are found. Thanks!

(York County)

Default Re: Burglary...

Happened to me also. I caught him in the act. Good luck and I hope they catch them. It's a god awful feeling.

(Philadelphia County)

Sorry this happened. Any chance you could post pics or more info (brand and model) of your gun cabinet? I am always interested to see how the bad guys attack them.

so sorry to hear it! no clue as to whether you will get your property back but i sure hope so.
    Montani Semper Liberi

(Bucks County)

You should post the make, model and S/N for all the guns stolen. I would also contact as many gun stores in the area with the same information. These guys may be idiots and try to sell them off at a gun shop for a quick buck.

Bad news is: I know a gun dealer that had 50+ guns stolen from their truck while attending a local shoot. The truck was outside their motel room when it was broken into. I think it was about 4-5 years ago. The thieves were caught a few years ago. They just got some of the guns returned to them this year. The police don't take good care of guns held as evidence and they used an engraver to put the case number on each gun. Now, what were new guns, now are old scratched up, engraved guns.

Good luck.

(Lancaster County)

Bowmansville,Terre Hill area by any chance? My sister lives there and there has been a string of break ins and items stolen out of cars in the area. It's everywhere these days though. Daylight home invasions etc.

(Washington County)

So sorry to hear this. I also had a break-in a number of years back. No guns stolen, but electronics and all that. I really hope they catch these scumbags, and they get what they deserve!! I also hope you get your property back. Good luck

(Lancaster County)

Still working on serial numbers. They were gifted to me so I can't get the serial numbers myself.

I had a stack on gun cabinet. I was very unimpressed with the cabinet. It was only $100, but still, I expected more of a fight from the cabinet.

It was in lancaster city. I'd be ok with getting them back engraved and everything. I just want them back.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by blade0414 View Post
    Still working on serial numbers. They were gifted to me so I can't get the serial numbers myself.

I had a stack on gun cabinet. I was very unimpressed with the cabinet. It was only $100, but still, I expected more of a fight from the cabinet.

It was in lancaster city. I'd be ok with getting them back engraved and everything. I just want them back.
    Sounds like a sheet metal one?
    I've seen them.

They seem very easy to cut into.

Not that they are bad but if that is all you could afford it is better then nothing.
    <-Click For My Youtube [Don't waive your rights with your flags. -Sage Francis]

This sucks. Sorry to hear it. Hope you get your guns back.
    "The first time any mans freedom is trodden on we're all damaged."JeanLucPicard

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast