Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default GOA Message - RINO'S Working to Pass Amnesty Bill

From GOA, here is a note and a way to take action if you agree.

Gun Owners of America
    Senators Hoeven and Corker Wave the
    White Flag of Surrender
    Gun owners must oppose their sell-out amendment

Senators John Hoeven (R-ND) and Bob Corker (R-TN) have made anti-gun New York Senator Chuck Schumer a very happy man. They are frantically working to give Schumer the 70 votes he needs to send his amnesty bill to the House with momentum.

And, if that bill were to be signed into law, it would add 8.4 million anti-gun voters to the rolls, and make gun registration, bans, and confiscation inevitable within 20 years.

Here’s where we stand:

Schumer’s original slimy deal was supposed to be this: We will add 8.4 million anti-gun Democratic voters to the rolls, but, in exchange, we will secure the border. It would supposedly do this by more fence and more federal agents.

Now the partisan Congressional Budget Office (CBO) has come back with its numbers: On the one hand, 8 million (mostly anti-gun) illegal immigrants would be eligible for citizenship. And these are the figures from the liberal CBO!

On the other hand, said the CBO, illegal immigration would remain largely unaffected by the bill’s fencing and agents, going down a paltry 25%.

It was pretty apparent that Senate Republican negotiators had lost their shirts, even if you trust the liberal CBO.

So Hoeven and Corker began to negotiate over a path to pass Schumer’s anti-gun bill with a super-majority. A little more fence. A few more agents. A more Orwellian E-Verify system. But the big issue was whether to hold up citizenship for the 8.4 million anti-gun voters until illegal immigration had demonstrably been reduced by 90%. Schumer & Co. adamantly refused to agree to this.

Why? If Schumer had any expectation that the Obama administration was going to tighten the border, why would he be so averse to guaranteeing that result?

It was obvious to everyone that Schumer didn’t expect the border to ever be secure, and that was the reason he wasn’t willing to condition his 8.4 million anti-gun voters on quantifiable border security.

So what did Corker and Hoeven do? They agreed to turn the 90% border security REQUIREMENT into a 90% border security non-binding GOAL.

It should have told them something that every liberal analyst in town has been deliriously happy over the Hoeven-Corker sell-out.

ACTION: Click here to read the full story and take action.
    Last edited by BobFromBucks; June 21st, 2013 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Title

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: RINO'S Working to Pass Amnesty Bill

If you think what you heard was bad, you should read the talking points on the amnesty bill. Not a "few more agents", but 3,500 more agents, in addition to fencing, additional border patrol stations, and 24/7 surveillance by drones. And still no real solution to the tens of millions of people here already aside from a bus ticket home with a wave and a "see you again next week".

(Bucks County)

Wink Re: GOA Message - RINO'S Working to Pass Amnesty Bill

As I see it there are two types of immigrants. Those that come here to stay and become USA citizens(Like my Dad and all the rest of my Family). And those that come here to work and send money back home. In Mexico the number one industry is oil. The number three industry is tourism. Number two, All the Mexicans working here and sending the money back to Mexico (as of 5 years ago). The first group are the people who make USA great. The second group is a drain on the USA. I have had the solution to the second group for the last 5 years. But nobody are going to give the power need to stop this problem. You do not need more Border Patrol nor more fencing. All you need to do is control the transfer of money from the USA to foreign countries. Already the are less illegals here because of the down turn in the economy. If they can't send money back home then they will go home or never leave. Of course this would be a huge shock to Mexico and to a lesser degree the countries south. If suddenly a quarter(IIRC) of Mexico's GDP vanished then all hell would break loose down in Mexico.
    A couple of other Ideas,First just a workers visa. The 2nd group comes and works but they must also pay taxes and heath care then they can send money back home.
    Second use the characteristic of the Latinos against them. Punish the person for breaking the law, but more importantly punish(deny access,schooling the Family. Then the Family would not allow any member to break the law. The same thing was tried in Isreal. They would flatten the houses of suicide bombers, even if the houses belong to someone else. This works but they stopped because some people said it was too mean.

As always this is my opinion. Please check with your closest Mexican first. You have been warned.

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: GOA Message - RINO'S Working to Pass Amnesty Bill

In case you didn't already know it, Toomey's name was on a list I was given of GOP senators who SUPPORT this latest amnesty bill. I've already called him and written him that if he continues to support this, then he is TOAST. I will actively work to get rid of him in the next primary. I want no gun grabbing, illegal alien amnesty granting, constituent ignoring senator representing me.

What say you???
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

(Bucks County)

NSA has dirt on everyone. You will vote as they say.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Cambria County)

I sent email to Toomey to voice my "thoughts" on this crap.

I am sure he will be open to my opinion.

Writing a letter too.

GOA is always on top of this kind of stuff.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mK2JYfZAmA When will America become America?

(Wayne County)

Do you really exspect the same law makers that don't enforce the laws we already have to enforce new ones? Cross our little hearts and hope to die we'll do it this time WE PROMISE! The whole bill is BS. Why is it Honduras only took 2 days to deport a man wanted here in
    the states? 2005 e verify was made law and to this day only 13 states have complied.Time to vote the good ole boys club out. Wake up America before we to will be riding donkeys.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by elweasel View Post
    .........All the Mexicans working here and sending the money back to Mexico (as of 5 years ago)......The second group is a drain on the USA....... All you need to do is control the transfer of money from the USA to foreign countries........
    I skipped quoting most of your post as I'll only explain this part to you since I don't think you have a grasp on some of what you wrote.

FYI, the vast majority of persons who come to this country legally on temporary work visas, think H2B workers, are sending their income back home. They work here legally, live here frugally, and send most of their income back to their family south of the border. They pay the same taxes as the U.S worker, but cannot collect any benefits from those taxes. Come winter they go home and the following spring they come back here to the states. They are a bonus for the small businessman for this country. Having worked in businesses that hired H2B workers, I'll take them any day of the week over your 21 year old American male for your basic manual labor jobs. Most Americans males we tried to hire at that age had a poor work ethic, were drunks, druggies, driver license was on suspension, and generally expected to be given everything on a silver platter. It was a rare occasion to find a keeper for the long-term from that latter bunch. The Hispanics that came here legally to work 9 months out of the year were for the most part a great source of labor and had a good work ethic.

Edit to add, there is another type of immigrant you can add to your list. The type like my mother. She is a German citizen, came here around 1960, worked menial jobs and paid for her GED. As she progressed her way into better jobs, she paid her way through college while working and raising two kids, worked at a big name health insurer later on, moved up the ladder there, and retired quite comfortable, still living here in the midstate.
    Last edited by Steelblitz; June 21st, 2013 at 09:14 PM.

(Bucks County)

Steelblitz- I wouldn't expect you to quote the whole post that would be a waste of time. I do the same thing when quoting. However I have been dealing with this exact issue all my life, so I do think I have a grasp of the problem.
    In general the problem does not lie with H2B workers. The H-2B visa non-immigrant program permits employers to hire foreign workers to come temporarily to the U.S. and perform temporary nonagricultural services or labor on a one-time, seasonal, peak load or intermittent basis (wikipedia). In 2012 there were capped at 66.000 workers. Even H1B workers were only 269,653 workers. The problem are the illegal immigrants(PC version- Undocumented immigrants) who are here in the millions. If the was no incentive(Money) then the vast number would move back to Mexico. This has already started happening with the down turn of the economy. People who jump the line or don't follow the laws should not be allowed to become USA citizens. If I rob a bank, hide the money for 20 years. Should I be able to keep the money if I am discover latter now. Of course not. My point in stopping the transfer of money to Mexico(or any country) is not to punish the legal workers but to stop the illegal workers. No one in front of Home Depot has a work visa. Ok how about showing a current visa, residency, or citizenship when transferring money to relatives in other Countries.
    As for your Mom, I am unclear. Did she become a USA citizen or is she a legal resident? Either way she would fall into the First type,like my Father. He did not need to come to the USA when he left Cuba. He could have left with his Parents to Spain. He saw the USA has a better place than Spain.(which it is)

As from American 20 something. That depends more on how they were raised. Yes I agree they expect the world to serve them and not to work hard for what they get. But that is due to upbringing than where they were born. I can only affect the upbringing of my family. To believe that you can change the other families would be to think like a liberal.

Getting back to the point of the thread. The GOA is correct that the propose law is crap and would hurt gun owners in the long run by changing the voting public. Cesar did the same thing in Rome some 2000 years ago. He had conquered Gaul(France). He then made some of Gaul aristocrats senators in Rome. Enough new senators to sway the vote to let him become Dictator-for-life. Of course in the end it did him little good. And so ended the Roman Republic and thus began the Roman Empire.

the above post is my opinion. Check with your closest Roman first. You have be warned.

(Northampton County)

This week I wrote to Toomey & Casey. I also sent this letter to the editor of the Easton-Express times.

While you were at work somebody broke into your home and stole your TV, cash and jewelry. A short time later the police found out who did it. Then the police told you that they are not going to prosecute them and they get to keep your valuables. How would you feel?
    Open your eyes because that is what is happening everyday that Obama illegally prevents our Immigration laws from being enforced. Obama has no authority to tell ICE, DHS and the DOJ to let the illegal aliens stay in the U.S..We still have a very serious unemployment problem. We don't need more people we need more jobs.
    Please write or call your representatives in D.C. And tell them to vote No for any Immigration Reform Law. We can't afford it.
    National Handgun Reciprocity
    End Gun Free Zones
    Fast & Furious show us the documents

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast