Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Dauphin County)

Default Interested in more info on Keystone Arms Double Barrel Side by Side.

Hello everyone, I'm just hoping I can find out a little more info on the Keystone Arms Co. 12 gauge shotgun.

As you can see below and from the title, it is a side by side model.

I know Keystone Arms Co was a distributor who sold inexpensive shotguns out of Philadelphia shortly after the turn of the century up to about 1930 or so and that this is one of them, but I was hoping to be able to get a more pinpoint time period for this gun.

I can not find a serial number on the gun (manufactured before it was required and as such I guess it was cheaper to not put one. Or I just cant find it.)

It has an ejector (well.. it pushes the shells to allow for easy extraction at least)

and that's about all I can tell.

Anyone else know more?

Also, I would like to know how to disassemble this shotgun for a more thorough cleaning. I am as of yet at a loss for how to do so.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Interested in more info on Keystone Arms Double Barrel Side by Side.

Depending what info you find here, you may also want to consider posting to Reddit.com/r/guns ...although be warned, you'll get some crap unless you take better quality photos (from my experience viewing submissions there).

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: Interested in more info on Keystone Arms Double Barrel Side by Side.

I don't have any info on the gun but i own the same one. It kills rabbits flawlessly, but the screw that holds the piece on the handguard that cocks the gun when you break it open is a weak spot. I had to have it replaced shortly after purchase.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by JLR666 View Post
    I don't have any info on the gun but i own the same one. It kills rabbits flawlessly, but the screw that holds the piece on the handguard that cocks the gun when you break it open is a weak spot. I had to have it replaced shortly after purchase.
    Do you know how to field strip it? I'm still at a loss. Thanks

(Lycoming County)

Pull down on the handguard on the muzzle end, it will come off. The with the hand guard removed open the action and the barrels will lift off the frame. Be sure it is unloaded before attempting to disassamble.

(Dauphin County)

Thanks for the help. I figured that was about how to do it but I tried to a bit and it made a noise that worried me so I figured before I went and broke something I should ask haha.

I got the gun apart and gave it a thorough cleaning. I'm eager to get this to a gunsmith to make sure she's sound and get take it out shooting soon.

(Lycoming County)

Did you notice the piece that cocks the gun on the handguard? It has a depression in the front of the frame that it rides in. If you have trouble getting it back on it may not be in the groove properly.

(Berks County)

JLR666
    I have this same shotgun and that screw part is missing.....do you know where I can get one?